Favorite LOTR character?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOTR Character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You make a very compelling argument for the Morgul Lord Scar. But in the end, he got beat up by a girl. ;)

I was trying to figure out who my favorite character is but I couldn't do it. I don't really think I have a single greatest favorite character. For me I like the entire Fellowship as a group. They're all came together from different walks of life to fight for a common goal.

Very Intelligent comment. Morgoth almost did the same thing with the Valor and Powers, however.

That he did, but the overarching goal was always one of inherent destruction. I can't think of a more masochistic act than laying waste to all life and spending eternity wandering the vastness of existence in total solitude with literally not a thing to occupy oneself because of one's own compulsion to destroy.

You make a very compelling argument for the Morgul Lord Scar. But in the end, he got beat up by a girl. ;)

True, but any day Eowyn wants to knock me around a bit she's more than welcome. Not a bad way to go. ;)

I don't collect these figures (my husband does :) ) however, I loved the films and I chose Gimli for the simple fact that his character bought so much fun and humor to the films that I really couldn't imagine the movies without him in them. Therefore: :gimli all the way

Hi everyone. First post on this site so thought i'd go for a 'poll' vote.

I chose Boromir! He's the only 'normal' one and represents the race of men as is. Flawed, short lived and always able to make a choice as to there final path! :rock2

Strider takes the lead coming into the home straight closely followed by the wizard.:cool:

In the book the easy answer for me is Faramir. There is no better example of purity of soul in the story. I understand the appeal of a conflicted character but I find Faramir's resolute goodness to be refreshing. (And he was the character that Tolkien himself most identified with.)

Sadly he was one of the compromises in the movie. He is made weak like his brother for the purpose of added tension at the end of The Two Towers. The part in the book where he rejects even a hint of temptation to take the ring is given to Aragorn at the end of Fellowship (shortly after Boromir tries to take the ring Aragorn closes Frodo's hand over the ring and part with him... doesn't happen in the book but at least they gave some man [read: not elf, or wizard] this strength).

With the foregoing in mind I choose Aragorn for my favorite movie character. He is conflicted in the movie (unlike the book) but his goodness is never in question.

That said I like Faramir’s action figure the best... love the tree on his chest!

Maglor

Oh yeah I agree that Gollum (as well as Faramir) should have been in the poll. And why no ladies? Eowyn is awesome!!!

Back