Favorite Indiana Jones Films

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Indiana Jones Film

• Raiders of the Lost Ark

Votes: 67 71.3%
  • Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Votes: 18 19.1%

• Total voters
The thing about "Temple of Doom" is that its annoying and juvenile bits are actually the aspects that are most like the 30's serials that inspired the series. And I like that about it a lot. It also seems like a much more honest movie to me, wheras "Last Crusade" was a safe return to basic a formula and relies too heavily on comic relief (much more so than any of the other films in the series).

Still, I don't dislike any of them. And of course it's all in the eyes of the beholder with varied mileage. :duff

That's cool. Hadn't really looked at those parts as throw backs to the serials, but I can see that. And agreed about the comic stuff in TLC, they definitely played that stuff up, probably as a reaction to the darker TOD stuff, but for the most part it seemed like natural comic business coming from characters rather than forced slapstick or sight gags like the TOD dinner sequence. Thankfully no SW PT farting camels or such infected this series, and hopefully Speilberg will keep it out of KotCS as well.

Temple.....under rated.....great movie....just like Empire rules that other trilogy,,,yes I said trilogy...the first 3 movies dont exist in my book,,,,,NOOOOOOOOOOO!

You can't even touch Raiders. As far as follow-ups, my vote goes to TOD, then Crusade.

I'm sure we'll be revisiting this poll when KOTCS is released.

Can' wait til the KOTCS came in theater. I'm pretty sure that there would be a Cup Toppers for this film.

Nothing beats Raiders. Best story of the three, best girl of the three (marion:rock), started it all. Even thought TLC had sean connery, still like Raiders more.

Raiders
Crusade
Doom

They're all my favorites, but here's my line up:

1. Temple of Doom (it was the first one I saw and the one that made me fall in love with the whole concept. It also has gags and scenes that I find funnier than many of the gags in the other films along with action sequences that really are incredible. And I do agree with all of you on the flaws and shortcomings. It doesn't have a great ending. They're still in the middle of nowhere and dirty as hell... but what a fun trek it was.

2. Raiders of the Lost Ark. Great. What else can I say?

3. Last Crusade. Well, it's enjoyable but definitely "safer" as a film. But it completely turned Brody into a ham which was funny growing up but now when I see Raiders and then Last Crusade, it just comes off as... awkward? I think the Father Son elements were what really makes the film and I honestly don't see how else they could have done it any better. Very entertaining but the action never resonated with me as much as the previous two did.

Has, Was, Is and will always be Temple of Doom for me. Yes it has it's childish moments but it's also creepily dark. I mean the villian RIPS OUT PEOPLE'S HEARTS! It doesn't get more bad ass than that... :rock2

It's a close call between Raiders and Crusade for me. Sure, the adventure element in Raiders is much better, but there are a couple of really bad performances in it (the guy who translates the headpiece for the staff for example). Crusade's actors are generally just better. (TOD has so many bad acting jobs in it, it falls right to the bottom of the heap)

i like TLC. gotta love Dr. Jones Sr. but i gotta give props to temple of doom for the same reason i voted for alien in that other thread. i watched it as a young lad and that scene where that guy got his heart ripped out warped me for life. so once again "thanks mom. thanks dad.:wave thanks for not screening what i watched." :lol

Last Crusade, hands down. I always felt it was the only movie with a heart, the only one that went beyond the adventures and the action. Raiders has always been too dry for me, and Temple of Doom was very contrived. For me, The Last Crusade actually had some depth and tenderness, which I always prefer, and that's all due to the interaction between Indy and his father, which is one of the best dynamics you can find in any film between two characters.

I've always loved TOD best. I love the way Indy is portayed against Willie and Short Round was a great sidekick. It was a much more simple story compared to the others and more like how I felt the adventure serials ought to be that Lucas was going for. Plus the fantasy black-magic element made it more interesting and creepy than the Nazis.

Raiders was great but didnt have the same pace as TOD I thought and Last Crusade was just Nazis again.

Back