Favorite film with an open/ambiguous ending?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've actually been discussing with some friends that...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

i need to watch this movie AGAIN,i keep forgetting the smaller details

Spoiler Spoiler:

Concerning the old couple:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Concerning that:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Concerning the old couple:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

have many times have you seen this movie?

have many times have you seen this movie?

The entire thing, twice. Then bits and pieces of the movie here and there (like the last hour.. or hour and a half, etc). Not sure if it's STARZ, HBO, Showtime or Encore or whatever, but one cable station recently started showing it again so it's always been on the last month or so. :lol

Besides the ones already mentioned-

No Country for Old Men
John Carpenter's The Thing
2001: A Space Odyssey

John Carpenter's The Thing

Agreed. And I don't acknowledge the videogame/comic book explanations either:

Comic
Spoiler Spoiler:

Videogame
Spoiler Spoiler:

That's not movie cannon IMO.

Agreed. And I don't acknowledge the videogame/comic book explanations either:

Comic
Spoiler Spoiler:

Videogame
Spoiler Spoiler:

That's not movie cannon IMO.

The Thing is one of those movies that I'm happy that there's an ambiguous ending. You just don't know. I think it's better that way.

I'm not even sure that Lynch has a clear idea in his own mind of what is going on in some of his films. I'm not his biggest fan, but Blue Velvet and Twin Peaks were awesome. He clearly has some interesting visions.

Another one I thought about is Time Bandits. The biggest WTF ending of any movie I saw as a kid, that was apparently intended for kids. Gilliam is a certifiable freak.

Dispite knowing there would be a sequel, I ____ing LOVED Dead Man's Chest ending. Jack dies, and then Barbossa comes down from the stair case? Epic.

The Thing is one of those movies that I'm happy that there's an ambiguous ending. You just don't know. I think it's better that way.

Agreed , that's something I always felt with the original ALIEN though so I'm a little worried about these prequel sequel things.

Back