Favorite color

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NO PINK!?!?!??!? NO PINK!?!?!?!?!??!?! YOU HAVE RAINBOW (WHICH ISN'T EVEN A COLOR), BUT NO PINK!?!?!??!?!?!? IT'S NOT LIKE I'M ASKING FOR AN OLIVE GREEN, YOU JERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:panic:
:panic::panic:
:panic::panic::panic:
:panic::panic::panic::panic:

You know I'm kidding, right? Well, not about the fact that I do love pink. But the other stuff.

I voted black...which is the obvious best choice. However, black is not a color. It is the absence of color.

I think i know who voted Rainbow

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OQSNhk5ICTI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Green is my mood these days

It's not easy being green...

medium_kermit.jpg

OK...technically speaking...color is simply the reflection of light in different frequencies of the spectrum. Black objects are absorbing all light and therefore do not reflect any light/colors. White objects are reflecting all light/colors. So when you look at an object that is seen as a specific color, you are actually seeing the only color that it is not absorbing.

So in truth, calling one the absence of light/color and the other the blending of all light/color is simple matter of perspective. Are you referring to what is absorbed or what is reflected.

The reason I choose to say that white is a mixture of all colors is because when you perform the simple test of spinning a color wheel, it turns white, not black. And, when we refer to a color, it is commonly accepted that the color reflected is the color of the object.

So...in conclusion...if we want to say that white is the absence of color, we have to call a car the we see as red to actually be every color but red.

Or maybe I have it all wrong.

Back