Favorite Christopher Nolan film?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite film by Christopher Nolan?

• Total voters
I'd like to see the results of the same poll, just with his batman movies taken off.

That being said:

1. TDK
2. TDKR
3. BB
4. Inception
5. The Prestige
6. Memento
7. Insomnia
8. Following

Last edited:
Prestige hands down. Then I would say Memento and TDK tied for 2nd. then after that it just is to hard to narrow them down. Anybody see that Nolan is in talks of making a scifi movie? Been waiting for that for awhile.

I'd like to see the results of the same poll, just with his batman movies taken off.

Agreed. I must admit it surprises me how close it is between BB and TDK. It also surprises me "The Prestige" has twice as many votes as "Memento" and "Inception." I love the movie but most people I know have either never seen it or have forgotten it.

Also, there is a thread open discussing "Interstellar!" It's not even a done deal though and it's all speculation at this point with nothing concrete to really discuss....

It also surprises me "The Prestige" has twice as many votes as "Memento" and "Inception." I love the movie but most people I know have either never seen it or have forgotten it.

I know someone who was actually angry at me for recommending it. :lol

Prestige with a very close second to Batman Begins.

Here's how I rank them:

1. Prestige
2. Batman Begins
3. Inception
4/5 (tie). Dark Knight/Dark Knight Rises

I consider those all to be excellent movies.

And then there's Insomnia and Memento, neither of which ever did anything for me. Solidly directed well made movies, but eh.

My favourites

1. TDKR
2. BB
3. TDK
4. Inception
5. Memento
6. Prestige
7. Following
8. Insomnia

If the question was which is his best film I'd say
1. Inception
2. Memento
3. BB
4. TDK
5. Prestige
6. TDKR
7. following
8. insomnia

My favourites

1. Prestige
2. Inception
3. BB
4. Momento
5. TDK
6. TDKR
7. Insomnia

Haven't watched Following. Did see the DVD on sale at a speciality DVD shop that has mostly cult films and foreign movies. Will pick up some day. Huge Nolan fan.

Although TDKR is #6, i still really loved it. Its just, i think the others were better in comparison. Insomnia i didn't really like. In terms of all movies, TDKR might~ be in my Top 100, whereas Insomnia would be wayyyyyy down the list.

There are 5 crazy people who voted? Rises is his best? LOL, NO

No, they voted that it's their favorite. I believe TDK is his best Batman film from every technical standpoint, but there's no doubt in my mind that Batman Begins is my favorite of the series. If that makes sense...

TDKR is one of my least favorite scripts he's done because of its straight forward, simplistic structure. It's not complex or confusing at all. Yeah, there's themes and messages abound, but they're not too subtle so it's not like you're seeing something new every time you watch it (Memento, Prestige, and Inception excel at this). That is not to say I don't like the movie. I love it more each time I see it. It's just not as complex as his other films had been before it. I hope to see a return to form in regards to nonlinear plots and script complexity with "Interstellar."

No, they voted that it's their favorite. I believe TDK is his best Batman film from every technical standpoint, but there's no doubt in my mind that Batman Begins is my favorite of the series. If that makes sense...

TDKR is one of my least favorite scripts he's done because of its straight forward, simplistic structure. It's not complex or confusing at all. Yeah, there's themes and messages abound, but they're not too subtle so it's not like you're seeing something new every time you watch it (Memento, Prestige, and Inception excel at this). That is not to say I don't like the movie. I love it more each time I see it. It's just not as complex as his other films had been before it. I hope to see a return to form in regards to nonlinear plots and script complexity with "Interstellar."

I think it's the opposite, they are TOO subtle and are not given much attention. Which is a shame.

Inception > BB > The Prestige > Memento > TDKR > TDK > Insomnia

Haven't seen Following.

Back