FAVE RIDER/STEED STATUES?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I don't concider Sam & Bill to be a rider & steed statue because A: Sam isn't a rider, B: Bill isn't a steed (nor used as such) and C: the composition of the statue is entirely different.
If the question were regarding our favourite horse statues, I'd include Sam & Bill, however. (even though it's supposed to be a pony) But then Gothmog and his hyena critter would be out.

My 2 cents....

My favourite "beast of burden/handler" statues (I think we can add Sam and Bill in that category, as well as the Fellbeast/Morgul lord) are as follows:

1.) RWoS
2.) Gandalfax
3.) Legogimli
4.) Sam and Bill - cute but too damn expensive
5.) Warty warg
6.) Arag @BG

If morgul lord and fellbeast were incl in the original poll they would be #3.

The main reason I don't consider Sam & Bill a Rider and Steed piece is that it would look silly displayed with the other pieces. It would almost look to the eye like a mini-statue, much like the Battle Troll. I plan on displaying the 5 R & S pieces together, so Sam & Bill has no place in my collection, even though I think it is an outstanding piece. My rankings:

1. GOSF
2. RWOS
3. Leg. and Gim.
4. Gothmog

(huge gap)

5. Aragorn

I gotta tell you that after seeing Aragorn at Con, he is now my favorite steed piece. It is amazing, incredibly detailed, and may become my favorite piece of all.
greenyes.gif

It is not cartoony, and just as was said a million times- it's the camera flashes that bring out too much color. To the naked eye the colors are perfect. Not muted by the murkiness of Mordor as in the the movie, however the blue is a rich, dark, royal blue and it looks appropriately kingly. That being said, and as a shocked as I am- RWoS drops to #3!

1) A@BG
2) GoSF
3) RWoS
4) Leg/Gim/Arod
5) ML on Fellbeast (since you're all talking ponys and wargs, he's in my list!)

Leg/Gimli is also not cartoony and the colors are exactly what I expected without the dang camera flashes- they're perfect. The horse is just as detailed as Shadowfax. And with the 2 hunters on board, the details of Arod's tack and the grassy base- it is very Rohan-ish. I am pleased to say that it actually is a great stand-in for a Rohirrim steed piece, since it is a Rohirrim horse. I am as happy as I can be without a Horse Lord in the steed line.
greenyes.gif

1. Sam & Bill
2. Ringwraith on Steed
3. Gandalf on Shadowfax
4. Aragorn at Black Gates
5. Gothmog on Warg
6. Legolas & Gimli

I cant actually give a list seeing as I dont own a single Rider/Steed piece. However, I would like to own a Ringwraith on Steed one day simply because it rocks so much :rock

So.....if there had to be a list, it would be RWoS on 1 :rock2 Dont really care about the other pieces that much. Wasnt impressed with any of it's follow up's and I have never seen a Sam and Bill so I cant judge it at all. It looks nice though, so I guess it would come 2nd.

For me it's

1.) Gandalfax
2.) Legogimli
3.) Arag @BG
4.) RWoS

And I would love to have the Sam carrieing Frodo piece in the rider collection, but thats never going to happen :bang

1) RWOS
2) G/SF
3) Sam and Bill
4-5) A@BG and Legimarod (Haven't seen them in person yet, but I like the comments I have heard)
6) Gothmog/Warg
7) Fellbeast/ML - the ML ruins this one for me

1.Ringwraith on Steed (hands down!)
2.Aragorn on Brego
3.Gandalf on Shadowfax

Sam and bill are in a different league, IMO and I hate Gothmog on the Warg and am not keen on Legolas/Gimli (stance!)

Back