Faster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw an advance screening too. Couldn't agree less with Natrix. I had high hopes for this being a hard, straight up revenge movie with lots of badassery. Not only did it deliver that, but also an involving character study, with well developed characters and fleshed out themes, which I wasn't really expecting. Also some great performances, particularly from The Rock and Billy Bob Thornton. That said, if you are expecting just nonstop big dumb action set pieces and whatnot then you might be dissapointed.

Least creative movie title of the year? I'm not a fan of the Rock. Never liked him as a wrestler, haven't cared for him as an actor. However, I like revenge movies. Maybe will watch on Redbox one of these days.

Saw an advance screening too. Couldn't agree less with Natrix. I had high hopes for this being a hard, straight up revenge movie with lots of badassery. Not only did it deliver that, but also an involving character study, with well developed characters and fleshed out themes, which I wasn't really expecting. Also some great performances, particularly from The Rock and Billy Bob Thornton. That said, if you are expecting just nonstop big dumb action set pieces and whatnot then you might be dissapointed.

I thought the story was bland, uninspiring and totally unoriginal. There was no intrigue on who was behind the scenes pulling the strings. Some of the dialog and acting wasn't very good to me. The assassin story line and character development/arc was far more involving and interesting to me than that of the Rock's main character. The Rock didn't have to act much as 95% of the movie he is just standing around looking like a pissed off bad ass or shooting someone.

I wasn't expecting big set action pieces. I did notice that they removed the car flip sequence that is featured in the commercials from the movie though.

It was nice to see the Rock in an action movie again but this was just a way below average movie to me. I was hoping for something a little deeper and original than what I saw.

The Rock didn't have to act much as 95% of the movie he is just standing around looking like a pissed off bad ass or shooting someone.
That's all I would ask for in a revenge movie. You don't expect Charles Bronson or Lee Marvin to put on a dramatic acting clinic when they're out on a mission of murderous vengeance.

Having said that, you need to have a truly bad-ass actor to pull it off. And I don't buy Rock as that. He was always an unlikable pansy as a pro wrestler.

the rock screwed himself when he did that string of kiddie movies
Though that's probably true, the persona he developed as a pro wrestler lent him to doing family movies--appealing to the lowest common denominator with cheesy one-liners and funny facial expressions. It is what he knew and did, and part of why I can't take him seriously as a dramatic or bad-ass actor yet--he hasn't proven that he has the ability to pull it off.

Now Steve Austin, there is a guy who could be a serious, bad-ass, action movie star ;)

Though that's probably true, the persona he developed as a pro wrestler lent him to doing family movies--appealing to the lowest common denominator with cheesy one-liners and funny facial expressions. It is what he knew and did, and part of why I can't take him seriously as a dramatic or bad-ass actor yet--he hasn't proven that he has the ability to pull it off.

Now Steve Austin, there is a guy who could be a serious, bad-ass, action movie star ;)

I liked rock in walking tall

I got a special screening to this movie.

I was expecting for a fast-paced, loud, and a mean in-your-face movie. But what I got was a much slower-paced, yet deep, character developed, well-woven story... in fact, if they sped it up and brought the action up a few notches this movie would have been phenomenal. This should have been much faster paced.

I will say there was loads of potential here with the cast and the character development. Just missed on the premise of being another bad ass flick... ala a Crank or Running Scared, but definitely worth a first view. The only thing I would have changed beyond that is the title. Faster is not an appropriate name for this movie.

7 out of 10.

I thought this film was GREAT!

Do not go in expecting a big loud action film. It's not that.

This is a Modern Day Western. Both in pacing and style. Almost all the characters in this film are not all good and not all bad. The ending and the story were a tad predictable but that was all OK because of the preformances of everyone involved. I loved that almost every character was given some sort of story to their lives beyond the basic good guy/ bad guy plot points.

Again I loved this film. But I went in not expecting much due to some luck warm reviews. But I also knew (from the same reviews) that it was probably going to be more of a western instead of a big action film. In fact reviewers that hated the film seemed to miss that it was supposed to be a western.

That is not to say that it is boring or that there is no action. It's not and there is. It's just more like the action you might see in a western and not the big fireballs and car wrecks.

a solid 7.5 out of 10

Back