Farrellys to make a Three Stooges movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yoda moment maybe I had? :lol

Well I guess they are bringing in in some heavy hitters... although I really wonder if Carrey could play Curly without it seeming like Jim Carrey as Curly?

Sean Penn and Che starring in the Three Stooges? Werent those important parts of Dante's vision of hell?!?! Please dont make this..

Carrey won't be able to play Curly as Curly. It'll definitely look like Jim Carrey doing a Curly impression. I guarantee it. I really don't have that much faith in him as an actor and his bodies of work don't really show more than Jim Carrey playing Jim Carrey in the majority of them.

Even in Man on the Moon (which is a great movie) I had a hard time seeing him just as Andy Kaufman.

Actually I didn't see him as Andy Kaufman at all. For it played like Jim Carrey doing an Andy Kaufman impression. There were some really good parts but I don't think he captured him fully and I don't expect that here. A lot of comedians can't break the molds they create, Will Farrell, Jack Black, Dane Cook, Chris Rock, the list just goes on....

Actually I didn't see him as Andy Kaufman at all. For it played like Jim Carrey doing an Andy Kaufman impression. There were some really good parts but I don't think he captured him fully and I don't expect that here. A lot of comedians can't break the molds they create, Will Farrell, Jack Black, Dane Cook, Chris Rock, the list just goes on....

Agreed, even in Truman Show, which I think many will concede is his best performance, he comes across as Jim.

Bill Murray is the only person I can think of off the top of my head not afflicted by this sort of thing. But even thats just a matter of opinion.

The newest member of that list is the young Michael Cera. Pretty funny kid, but Arrested Development, Superbad, Juno, Nick and Nora, and now Year one.... Havent I seen him do the same thing about 8 times?? EXACTLY the same character over and over and over.

The newest member of that list is the young Michael Cera. Pretty funny kid, but Arrested Development, Superbad, Juno, Nick and Nora, and now Year one.... Havent I seen him do the same thing about 8 times?? EXACTLY the same character over and over and over.

The wife and I were just talking about this the other night... love the guy.. but its all the same!

As for a 3 stooge movie, I love the stooges and this news does not excite me at all. Sean Penn is a dead ringer for Larry, but Carrey as Curly??????? it will take a lot to impress me.

You mean he is the next Ben Stiller?

I would think Jim Carrey would have to gain more than 40 pounds to play Curly. Jim's a thin guy.

Maybe Sean Penn is trying to change his image.

Yup Michael Cera plays Michael Cera. A nervous kid who is an outcast but likable. Then again its marginally better than Jonah Hill who apparently is being typecasted as Seth Rogen 2.0...then there is Seth Rogen who plays Seth Rogen but I do love Seth Rogen.

They really need actors to play against cast. James Franco was great in Pineapple Express because you never saw him doing something like that so I give Sean Penn a bit of slack because its kind same thing and I remember Spicolli same with Del Toro but I really think Carrey will destroy this thing.

The casting does seem strange - but remember Penn was Spicoli in Fast Times. And I 100% disagree about Carrey - I think he's a great actor who is far above the "same every time" group such as Ferrell, Cook, Stiller, etc.

del Toro mumbles too much to be Moe though.

You mean he is the next Ben Stiller?

Basically. Funny, enjoyable, but very repetitive. Hes going to become known as a guy who could only play Michael Cera on screen ( that is if he isnt already), which is a shy, timid kid. Hes gotta start mixing it up.

One thing I will say about this project is that Sean Penn does have a very wide range, as evidence in Fast Times, I am Sam, Mystic River , and Milk, and he has pleasently surprised me before, but this is a risky one for all involved.

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings about this movie. I think that some things should be left alone. Will this movie take place in the 40's or in the present? I really don't see their slapstick working in a present setting.

I saw this same report on E! last night so there must be alittle bit of truth in it. I think Carrey could play Curly, but just not sure if he will look the part much without alot of help. He'll have the voice down for sure.

I wonder who would make a good Shemp if they were casting that?

Back