Farmboy Luke jacket question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yodacappy

Super Freak
Reaction score
This has bugged me about this figure (outside of the hair being too dark) for quite a while but not sure how to fix it.

I want the jacket to look like this:

luke_skywalker.jpg

whereas the one that came with it looks like this:

review_12anhluke_1.jpg

Basically, I want to get rid of the folded over part that has the stitch line (the collar and edge of jacket) without it frazzling all over the place. If you get what I'm saying (struggling to explain it without the ability to point and say "I don't like this") and know of a way, I'd be most appreciative!

IMO the cuff is not wrong so much as the material is completely wrong. if you remake the whole tunic using the same pattern in a silkier material (like a pillow case or bed sheet) it would be much improved. but if you want to use the same material, you could try removing the thread and use a fabric glue instead to hem it.

IMO the cuff is not wrong so much as the material is completely wrong. if you remake the whole tunic using the same pattern in a silkier material (like a pillow case or bed sheet) it would be much improved. but if you want to use the same material, you could try removing the thread and use a fabric glue instead to hem it.

Thats exactly the problem, the material is completely wrong, sheet like material would be the best.

Very true! Think I'll find me a white sheet and give it a go!

Very true! Think I'll find me a white sheet and give it a go!

That should be quite an easy job, since its a loose tunic and nothing that requires any exact fitting and such, look forward to see how it turns out.

Now that i think about it, I got a Sideshow Storm Trooper Luke head I have had sitting around a while I need to turn in to an actual figure eventually. I eBay'ed my Hasbro farm boy Luke when I got it since none of it was really useful, then I forgot about the head, till I saw this thread.

Back