Fantastic Four - November 6, 2024

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take it you never saw Jodie Comer in Free Guy or The Last Duel.

interview-template-1279083.jpg
Never seen Killing Eve? She's an Emmy winner for that role. She's British and hasn't done much in the US, so she isn't massively known yet.

And don't forget the role that will surely win over anyone who might question her casting, that of Rey's mother in TROS!

:chase

I saw a leaked image from D23 that supposedly showed a screen in a private room which listed the cast;

Spoiler Spoiler:

No idea if it's genuine. I follow an artist on Instagram who said he couldn't see any evidence that the image was edited.

Last edited:
I saw a leaked image from D23 that supposedly showed a screen in a private room which listed the cast;

Spoiler Spoiler:

No idea if it's genuine. I follow an artist on Instagram who said he couldn't see any evidence that the image was edited.
The years old pics from random avenues used for the supposed casting announcement, don't count for him? Either way, this was just a prank manip making the rounds on Twitter before the panel even started. It's needless to say how fake it is.

Victοr will be thrilled with one of those potential casting choices.
I like Cavill and everything, and he's nerdy enough to at least want to wear the mask full time, but I'm hoping for a Bardem type of choice, although I'm understanding that they're going younger based off the other rumoured choices for Reed. I'm putting my faith on Adam Driver for now. Cavill's got the look, he's charismatic and everything, but Doom needs more than that. Until he's properly announced, Cavill will be rumoured for everyone under the sun.

PS: The tag didn't work again.

PS: The tag didn't work again.

I can't tag you with your foreigner's O.

Adam Driver doesn't seem Chad enough for you. But I really like Adam Driver. Maybe not for Doom though. Doom needs a really strong voice. Personally, I think Cavill is a terrible choice. Hell, Hemsworth is better -- at least he has a commanding voice.

I can't tag you with your foreigner's O.
You dont need to do that. You go @ then start typing the first few letters and just pick me from the drop-down menu that appears.

Adam Driver doesn't seem Chad enough for you. But I really like Adam Driver.
Doom's a Thad, not a mere Chad. And Driver surely is a Chad. 6'3", broad shoulders, deep voice, glorious mane, genuinely great at acting, easygoing from what's the gossip; he's got it all. His face is a bit weird and he needs to shave, but Driver's got style.

f08930fd70324e9f5ce68170bf167b23.jpg

Plus, he does look like a Balkan, even though he's mostly British. Cavill's undoubtedly maximum handsome the way few men are (with someone like Delon being ethereally handsome), but he lacks Driver's acting chops. It's still a capeflick, he could pull off Doom if he snarred and kept the mask on, but Driver would add more pathos.

To be fair, who knows if Driver would even want to come back to another such blockbuster. He's recently been more warm to the idea of returning to something like Star Wars, but he's been doing great for a while now, so he wouldn't "need" it like others. We'll see. I just hope they cast Doom and the FF well. They already ruined Kang, I don't want something to that effect.

@Victοr -- ah-ha! My dropdown is super-slow... that's why I never noticed it.

I feel like Doom should go to an unknown. The mask and all.

The 'casting game' is fun and all, but doesn't really add up most of the time. It's the odd, unexpected choices that work far better... or virtually unknown.

@Victοr -- ah-ha! My dropdown is super-slow... that's why I never noticed it.
Still didn't work. Weird.

I feel like Doom should go to an unknown. The mask and all.

The 'casting game' is fun and all, but doesn't really add up most of the time. It's the odd, unexpected choices that work far better... or virtually unknown.
I wouldn't mind that, as long as the casting works and is accurate. I don't want another Clown Kang. But with the mask and everything, you need someone with a memorable voice at the very least. A few years ago Jeremy Irons would've been perfect. But I'm not a big fan of the stunt casting others are fond of. Meaning a huge guy in a suit and someone else doing the voice. Doom's not superhumanly tall (just 6'2") and there's always flashbacks with him, not to mention that we'd inevitably need to have him without the mask to see if he's really disfigured or if he's got the tiny scar and blowing things out of proportion. You need someone in the suit who can act just with their eyes. That's the thing with Doom, the eyes are always visible and they're the ones that do all the work.

I cannot summon you, Victor. You'll just have to keep an eye on me.

Jeremy Irons is an interesting voice for Doom. I didn't think you were going quite that way. Makes me think of Klytus (voice) in Flash Gordon. So you'd be good with Jason Isaacs too. He might be too old but he'd make a great Doom about 10-15 years ago. Charles Dance is also way too old but has that great, strong, condescending, erudite British voice.

I cannot summon you, Victor. You'll just have to keep an eye on me.

Jeremy Irons is an interesting voice for Doom. I didn't think you were going quite that way. Makes me think of Klytus (voice) in Flash Gordon. So you'd be good with Jason Isaacs too. He might be too old but he'd make a great Doom about 10-15 years ago. Charles Dance is also way too old but has that great, strong, condescending, erudite British voice.
Yeah, all of those would be fine by me. Like I said, Doom's ideal casting would be a British theatre guy. My dreampick would've been Toby Stephens but it's impossible.

1*gMltBQ_uY8ZwjO7EEdgzHg.gif

tumblr_inline_p84yy78DkJ1qgj3y4_500.jpg

doctordoom1.jpg

Yes, you mentioned him -- I actually think we had this exact conversation before. Deja vu.
Eh, these things are cyclical. All the things I post here are the same.

tumblr_lnurwdVCWL1qdq2qjo1_500.gif

My rants, my "oh nooeesss I can't decide what dolly to buy woe is me what will my collection look like in 15 years?!?" blogposts and on and on. It's just the way things are with such topics.

Before he was cast as MK Isaac was one of my first picks as well. Both he and Stephens are shorter than I'd like, but they have the look and intensity.

tumblr_inline_o01epy8nXF1rd33wt_540.gifv

With Isaac, Bale and Jude Law off the table, I'm now rooting for Bardem as a realistic choice.

anton-chigurh-javier-bardem.gif

We'll see. I just hope it's not some awful, two-bit casting. I heard a rumor of Denzel as Dracula, the 15th Century Balkan King, so I hope it's all just nonsense and they haven't lost their minds yet.

Last edited:
Back