Fantacular Freak Foto Contest-DEADLINE! DEADLINE!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Some real talent out there!

Respect to MaulFan Excellent as expected. (But do these qualify as five seperate entries? Rules say you can submit as many as you like but must be sufficiently different from each other... different content but all Movie style posters...:angelsmil Only Kidding!!! That's just sour grapes, I'm clutching at straws thinking of some way the rest of us can get a chance!)

My personal favourite is no. 17 Love that heavily photoshopped look, really like to see a whole Graphic novel done in that style...

Thanks for the positive comments on my Stormie line up! Left it really late, inspiration only came 24 hours before the deadline - then had to juggle two three year olds and five cats in the room while I tried to set up the photo shoot!:horror "No darling you can't play with Daddy's dollies!"

At one point the Stormtrooper took a dive, (I've only got one so had to keep re-posing him) his helmet popped off and a cat batted it across the room!:rotfl Almost gave up at that point, glad I persevered though it was a lot of fun, next time I'll try to start earlier.

I was surprised at all the Leia photos. Interesting that she turned out to be a focus of so many. She would have been mine too if I didn't lose her belt.

I was surprised at all the Leia photos. Interesting that she turned out to be a focus of so many. She would have been mine too if I didn't lose her belt.

I was going to make a supremely sexist comment about women never belting up when you want them too... but being a thoroughly modern man I won't.

Well that, and the fact that I think my wife is reading my posts and I am quite rightly in fear of her wrath:monkey3

Some really nice work there, you should all be very proud of your submissions ! I think its going to be a tough call , choosing a winner from these.

Great entries all around, but I gotta go with #25 FTW, based on the contest criteria; It totally nails photographic skill, humor, and creative use of Sideshow figures!

photo25.jpg

#17 (Pull!) and #2 (Stormtrooper line-up) for 2nd and 3rd place, respectively.

WOW!!!!Some really awesome pics in there!!!
i got 3 entered but NO WAY am i gonna even come 3rd with all the awesome pics and displays!!!
Goodluck to all!!!

i like 25,38 and 39!!!but ALL are excellent!!!

Great entries all around, but I gotta go with #25 FTW, based on the contest criteria; It totally nails photographic skill, humor, and creative use of Sideshow figures!

#17 (Pull!) and #2 (Stormtrooper line-up) for 2nd and 3rd place, respectively.

:rock great job guys. :rock
The beach one is my fave. :lol:rock

The sun glasses on Jabba look awesome. :lol

:rock!! Thanks guys!!
I had a blast doing this one!!
And I had a bunch of props that worked great with the theme!!
:D

There's lots of awesome entries, I love Maulfan's Maul one... and the Jabba's palace is great too!!
31 I like a lot as well!

Even though the contest's over, you should try a photo of Bubo and the little critters like they're hanging out in a bar like Gremlins, I think that'd be funny as hell, like a back room in Jabba's palace, have Bib walking in like what' the hell's going on here.

#25 "Break Out of Your Routine", the Jabba's crew vacationing is awesome! I laughed out loud at that one. Great job, Kuzeh!

The captions on your's are pretty funny too though, Darthgothikus.

My top 3 would be (tie at the moment between 25 and 41):

25 - break your (evil) routine: My favorite thing about this pic is by far Bubo with the hat. I'd seriously consider buying him if he came with that hat. :cool:

41 - Maul poster: Love this compilation, especially how every SS Maul is incorporated (Diorama, 1:6, PF and LSB).

19 - ROTJ poster: I really like the atmosphere in this one, really dark and moody, perfectly capturing the mood of the scene.

No surprise there that Maulfan's works are two of my top three picks, you can really tell that you wanted to win this one Sean. :cool: I'm also really digging the effect of 35, making it look almost like a painting, I'm just not that big a fan of the theme/characters (more of an empire/sith fan).

I'm just not that big a fan of the theme/characters (more of an empire/sith fan).

I really wanted to do something with Empire, but all we've got is Bespin Luke and Han, with a stretch the Yoda 1:1 bust. A lot of my choices were driven by availability of figures. A New Hope had a good offering, though I wish I had the grand prize of the contest for that one, he's missed in there, ROTJ was plenty full if you went with Jabba's crew, though I wish the dealine was tomorrow for the contest because then I could have added Sideshow's Han in Carbonite. The Maul piece was just a celebration of my main guy :lol, I really enjoy that every line Sideshow produces Star Wars items in has offered up a Maul piece.

:rock!! Thanks guys!!
I had a blast doing this one!!
And I had a bunch of props that worked great with the theme!!
:D

Excellent Job, Kuzeh ! I'd like to send your picture to every Star Wars Fan that I know tomorrow to put a smile on their face ! Also great job to Maulfan and everyone else ! I am new to this board but I arrived just in time cuz I had a blast taking my photo's and seeing everyone else's ! My pics are 38, 39, 42,43,47 and 28. :chew

Excellent Job, Kuzeh ! I'd like to send your picture to every Star Wars Fan that I know tomorrow to put a smile on their face ! Also great job to Maulfan and everyone else ! I am new to this board but I arrived just in time cuz I had a blast taking my photo's and seeing everyone else's ! My pics are 38, 39, 42,43,47 and 28. :chew

Thanks dude!! I had a blast doing it and made me feel like a kid
playing with my toys!!... and that's what this hobby is all about...
:peace

Edit:
And that was my 3000th post!!!
:chew:fireworks:chew

Last edited:
Back