Statue Falcon (Captain America: Civil War) Iron Studios - 1/4 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well... those pics and the pics of Black Panther just pushed me over the edge. Pre-ordered Cap and Winter Soldier and jumped on waitlist for Falcon. Hoping Falcon is just on waitlist due to the wings issue and isn't really sold out. With the Spider Man issue was hard to commit to 2k in statues without seeing some in hand pictures. Can't wait... these are my most anticipated statues ever. Gotta figure out where to display them though as they just have to be set up in the diorama scene with all 3 together. :panic:

OMG Phoenix - first, thank you for putting me anyway out of my misery:lol and taking the time to put pics and comments up.:clap:clap:clap Happy for you:) that overall, looks like no damage and IMO a staggeringly good piece:love - I mean the proto shots/fig is stunning, and this piece looks about as good. Only real difference I've noticed - before you even commented - re in-hand pieces, looks like some of the detailing/weathering of the base was left off, vs. the proto shots.

OMG, that's a LOW edition size - guess if I want this guy better do something:horror. Wait for SSC? Go for it and order from someone else? Not sure if Falcon is shipping from the 'States yet...

I suppose an additional rare earth magnet might be slipped in? maybe? to improve things? I read about folks using thin disc magnets on SSC's Kier and other pieces. Guess IS still needs to think about things that fans/customers pick up on immediately. But overall, if had received your Falcon, I think I'd be pretty happy - gorgeous.:clap

Well... those pics and the pics of Black Panther just pushed me over the edge. Pre-ordered Cap and Winter Soldier and jumped on waitlist for Falcon. Hoping Falcon is just on waitlist due to the wings issue and isn't really sold out. With the Spider Man issue was hard to commit to 2k in statues without seeing some in hand pictures. Can't wait... these are my most anticipated statues ever. Gotta figure out where to display them though as they just have to be set up in the diorama scene with all 3 together. :panic:

Me too, if I can re Falcon:drool. WS and Cap already on PO. Waiting to hear from SSC on a coupon issue, maybe I will pester them some more re Falcon. I've seen enough to feel good, and anyway lately coming across posts on Statue Forum and elsewhere that while Spidey had its issues, it's a spectacular sculpt w. great detail. Pricey for me, but one of my top films (and re-watched) and just love this unique (high quality) diorama. Love the poses/sculpts:clap - IMO these will be the collection "jewels" for me.

I sort of know where I will display mine - got some beefy high bookshelves - but like Daddy Smaug figure these are the kind of pieces you grab when you can and worry about display later - LOL the hardware store will provide. Somehow. Or IKEA.:cool:

Nice video just a shame I can't understand what his saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me - not to be rude to folks who put up stuff from CCXP 2016 and the IS Concept Store - but, honestly, this is one of the few vids where the reviewer quit talking so much and focused on the products. I didn't care what he was saying. Most of the stuff I waded through was truly awful, as "review" vids go. Even from folks who claim to be reviewers - they talk through a whole vid, no pics:slap. Mostly people who couldn't stop talking and like, show some high-res images. Even the Iron Studios folks seem to be like that. For that kind of money, I just wanted a good look at the display pieces!

This is the best Iron Studios vid I've seen - it was a relief. And it took a fan? to do it. IS should pay him.

For me - not to be rude to folks who put up stuff from CCXP 2016 and the IS Concept Store - but, honestly, this is one of the few vids where the reviewer quit talking so much and focused on the products. I didn't care what he was saying. Most of the stuff I waded through was truly awful, as "review" vids go. Even from folks who claim to be reviewers - they talk through a whole vid, no pics:slap. Mostly people who couldn't stop talking and like, show some high-res images. Even the Iron Studios folks seem to be like that. For that kind of money, I just wanted a good look at the display pieces!

This is the best Iron Studios vid I've seen - it was a relief. And it took a fan? to do it. IS should pay him.

Yeah I would agree that he really focused on every piece. That was really fun to watch. I surely am now thinking of getting cap

Yeah I would agree that he really focused on every piece. That was really fun to watch. I surely am now thinking of getting cap

Well *cough* Bucky became a must-have for me. Then there was must-have Falcon too re the first low res picture:

Bucky_Falcon.jpg

Figured I could get an Ultron Cap, eventually. Then Cap came out (Antman!) and it was Bucky/Cap. But - OK, I caved and PO'd Falcon today.

The three are just too EPIC. Falcon's low edition freaked me out (no pun intended). And re the pics looks like IS is coming through with these guys:love.
I'm not sorry. Poor, possibly:horror. But not sorry.:cool: Amazing pieces.:love

PS, Didn't mean maniageek didn't have interesting things to say (if I could understand him). He probably had some good comments. Just *frustration* because I really wanted a good look at the protos, not filtered/retouched studio photography. Tho hafta say what Phoenix received - what I hope all of us who order get - is pretty impressive.

Given the various display options (with or without wings, and alternate right arm) I thought I'll do some additional measurements (in cm.)

(All are more or less approximates within 5mm)

Depth is 42cm (front of base to tip of left wing, which is further back then the right)

Depth without wings is 28cm

Wing span is 82cm

Width without wings is 27cm

Height of right wing is 82cm

Height of left wing is 76cm

Height to head/left gun is 66.5cm

Height to right gun is 70.5cm

Hopefully this is useful to someone :dunno

Yeah Phoenix you put a big smile on my face with those pics. It really looks impressive. Even with your minor faults these are really minor. That face sculpt looks pretty impressive also. Didn't even know Falcon had a switch out arm. Jeez so pumped to get this

Given the various display options (with or without wings, and alternate right arm) I thought I'll do some additional measurements (in cm.)

Hopefully this is useful to someone :dunno

Phoenix, EVERYTHING you've posted is useful:clap! Was thinking whether vid or pics - far as I can tell (at least sites I can access around the world or that show up in searches) - you put up the very first real reviews of pieces teased since last summer? w. only studio store pics or the occasional small Insta production image - because I spent a LOT of compulsive time looking:cuckoo:. For some folks (LOL life isn't fair) it's a lot of money to invest:horror, and the Spidey thing made folks nervous or even flat-out refuse to buy IS pieces without in-hand reviews.

Didn't help when the notice of *issues* w. Falcon came out from SSC.:( PS. Wonder if your comments about the bases was what SSC meant about "paint issues"? That there was supposed to be more weathering on the bases?

Anyway many many thanks:):clap:clap:clap:clap - know taking the time to review/pics can be tedious, esp. when it's done while unboxing and trying to look a piece over. For me - thanks to your pics/comments tho it's no guarantee, I felt a lot of relief re my POs.:) Happy for you that you had no *huge* really unpleasant issues, too!:)

And you (far as I know!!!!) were the first to mention the edition size for Falcon:horror. Not sure I would have jumped in at the last minute without that - but - didn't want to be sorry later. Jeez, the details on this guy:love. Love the boots and the position of the feet AND love they paid attention to the hands - no "blobby" unsculpted fingers. It's those *vibrant* details - like the boot denting the metal in at the base - great pose!

Now for me the wait begins:impatient:....the *angst* of new pieces, for great portrait paint and all that. Don't know when Falcon will arrive here, but guess Bucky and War Machine are due for release next. Anyway, thank you again, it was a huge help:duff I keep going back and looking at your pics - guess I should just download now LOL.

Edit: Did hear today from Sideshow on another question, but had asked about Falcon and CS confirms that SSC is definitely working w. Iron Studios and takes quality issues "very seriously". No more details than that, but if you ordered from SSC and there's a delay, sounds like it's because re SSC/SSC affiliated shops, folks will be happier in the long run. Was happy to read that.

Phoenix, EVERYTHING you've posted is useful:clap! Was thinking whether vid or pics - far as I can tell (at least sites I can access around the world or that show up in searches) - you put up the very first real reviews of pieces teased since last summer? w. only studio store pics or the occasional small Insta production image - because I spent a LOT of compulsive time looking:cuckoo:. For some folks (LOL life isn't fair) it's a lot of money to invest:horror, and the Spidey thing made folks nervous or even flat-out refuse to buy IS pieces without in-hand reviews.

Didn't help when the notice of *issues* w. Falcon came out from SSC.:( PS. Wonder if your comments about the bases was what SSC meant about "paint issues"? That there was supposed to be more weathering on the bases?

Anyway many many thanks:):clap:clap:clap:clap - know taking the time to review/pics can be tedious, esp. when it's done while unboxing and trying to look a piece over. For me - thanks to your pics/comments tho it's no guarantee, I felt a lot of relief re my POs.:) Happy for you that you had no *huge* really unpleasant issues, too!:)

And you (far as I know!!!!) were the first to mention the edition size for Falcon:horror. Not sure I would have jumped in at the last minute without that - but - didn't want to be sorry later. Jeez, the details on this guy:love. Love the boots and the position of the feet AND love they paid attention to the hands - no "blobby" unsculpted fingers. It's those *vibrant* details - like the boot denting the metal in at the base - great pose!

Now for me the wait begins:impatient:....the *angst* of new pieces, for great portrait paint and all that. Don't know when Falcon will arrive here, but guess Bucky and War Machine are due for release next. Anyway, thank you again, it was a huge help:duff I keep going back and looking at your pics - guess I should just download now LOL.

Edit: Did hear today from Sideshow on another question, but had asked about Falcon and CS confirms that SSC is definitely working w. Iron Studios and takes quality issues "very seriously". No more details than that, but if you ordered from SSC and there's a delay, sounds like it's because re SSC/SSC affiliated shops, folks will be happier in the long run. Was happy to read that.

Your welcome.

It's ironic but I think I was the first person who posted close up pics of their 1/4 Spidey statue on this forum, after which all the negativity of that piece followed; and even though I kept it, the experience has been like night and day.

And as to Sideshows concerns about the piece I'm not too sure what they're referring to? Maybe they weren't able to slot the wings completely into the statue etc. And I doubt it has anything to do with the bases, as Sideshow hasn't really cared about such things in the past.

The low edition size totally surprised me as I was expecting more then BP, if not 1000 pieces.

And while the hands are sculpted well, there is a little paint bleed that occurs between the fingers and the gun. Probably better then some recent pieces that I've received from Sideshow. But I wish they had used the same method as they did on their AOU Cap, whereby the fingers were made out of the same resin that the headsculpts was made in, and I gather slotted and glued into the piece after the glove was painted; however maybe the guns made that inpractical.

Well imo you're in for a treat when you get your piece in hand.

Well imo you're in for a treat when you get your piece in hand.

I think so:)! from zooming into your excellent (high-res/clear) pics - Falcon and BP both seem to have the detail I love - OMG skin texture on Falcon and clean paint - or, as far as I tell, a paint job I would be happy with. And I love that under the goggles that Falcon seems to have a terrific portrait - IMO if there was a place to cheat, that would have been one, by making the goggles more opaque and "fudging" the face.

(Which, if you are buying Bucky or Iron Man w. full face portraits, is not a nice thought.:horror)

So the hands are "hard" poly? Wow. Thought they might have used a flexible resin (as reported re Spiderman fingers). I still have plenty to *angst* about:cool: (the clips on Bucky's jacket stick out for one thing, IMO a possible break point:panic: then there are WM's lights for people who ordered him) but re your pics - I just felt relieved. That these pieces weren't going to be like the SSC "Rogue thing" re the paint and like that. But I jumped in via Secret Compass, who at least seems to deal a lot on an international level and for all I know sources stuff from Sideshow directly - plus seems to have a good rep. Personally don't care about edition sizes but didn't want to miss out, either.

Any chance someone has been in contact with Sideshow and knows if this is on wait list due to the wing issues or if they really sold all of their allocation? If it's the latter, I want to start trying to source this from somewhere else. If it doesn't look like anyone has contacted Sideshow, I'll try and do it later this week and report back.

Any chance someone has been in contact with Sideshow and knows if this is on wait list due to the wing issues or if they really sold all of their allocation? If it's the latter, I want to start trying to source this from somewhere else. If it doesn't look like anyone has contacted Sideshow, I'll try and do it later this week and report back.

All I know is that Sideshow DID tell me they were working with IS re QC, but NOT what his status would be. I figured if Secret Compass or other still had him listed, I wanted to be sure. For all I know SC gets some stuff from SSC, but SC was selling IS stuff before SC so I thought (hope) re Falcon I'd be taken care of either way. E.g. that SC is *comfortable* dealing w. imports in the U.S.

Or, I was going to go though Popculcha. Maybe you can get more details from Sideshow - if they even know at this point. Re the Spidey thing, it seems to have taken a while for the re-makes to get done (for the folks that received them).

My flex was delayed until April :( Guess the issues are pretty substantial.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back