Falcon and The Winter Soldier (potential) Hot Toys 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of surprised at all the hate for Sam’s Captain America outfit. I like it pretty well. I’ve given up collecting Marvel for the most part, but I’m almost tempted to pick him up depending on how the figure looks and is priced.

FalconCap suit is awesome, first one of Sam's suits I've actually liked. I'll be all over the 1/12 scale iterations, maybe even a HT if they don't make it all out of rubber

Kind of surprised at all the hate for Sam’s Captain America outfit. I like it pretty well. I’ve given up collecting Marvel for the most part, but I’m almost tempted to pick him up depending on how the figure looks and is priced.

Well it did look a little like those superhero onesie costumes sold at Target during Halloween, lol.

Falcon_Captain_America_suit.jpg

It probably will be more refined when his movie comes out. Who knows how long that will take to get made though.

After finishing the show, US Agent and Zemo are the only two I'd be interested in getting. Although, if they do a Thunderbolts show or film and those two are in it I'm sure their costumes would be refined / updated... but on the other hand, they both seem like the type of character Hot Toys would only ever do one figure of.

Herd mentality. A few people bashes something and it goes down hill with others joining in.

Herd mentality. A few people bashes something and it goes down hill with others joining in.

Completely agree with you, there was someone in the tread that even compared the new Cap suit to a halloween costume from Target. The suit is cool looking and comic accurate, just waiting the Hot Toys announcement to pre order mine.

thanks for your input
most of the people decrying and playing down the kinds of issues tackled in the show are the kinds of people who dont experience them and perpetuate them with their complacency and comfort with the status quo
i also agree they could have stuck the landing a bit better on their responses to some of the hard questions asked in the show
but there a couple posts in here that are only very thinly veiled

I'd disagree; because of Disney salesmanship tactics, for one thing.

The show was touted as a kind of buddy cop outing; action, and all that. Even playing on the real life relationship between the 2 actors. Also, while the MCU has brought up serious issues before (particularly under the Russos and Ryan Coogler); up to (now with maybe the relentless pablum from Captain Marvel) the showrunners/directors; and Feige; knew it was better to keep some balance. Nobody watches an MCU movie expecting a Spike Lee documentary.

It could be argued on a couple of accounts, well too bad (like the Thor fans who were none too happy with Ragnarok). That it's just great that social issues are put in your face, whether you like it or not.

I'd argue it's insulting for a showrunner to feel that multiple news feeds, Twitter, streaming services aren't delivering serious information 24/7; or that the audience has never read, or watched anything socially relevant, including comics, for that matter.

And, if you are going to unexpectedly barrage an audience with stuff they already know; do it better. Less is more. Some people are applauding the dose of relevancy - for others like myself; the writing was often just plain bad:slap and character derailing; and didn't cause me to think so much about the issues (that had been discussed far more thoughtfully in various essays online) as think - "this showrunner and writers are so clunky and heavy handed, I'll avoid anything from them in the future:horror. It's clear they care more about having a sounding box than anything else, even if the show had some good, even great moments."

E.g., some liked the IW girl power moment; I thought it was OTT cheese. As far as a product put out by Disney; well, now I know. It's like the Fury eye thing:pfft:. For me, nope. And that REALLY sux for me, since Bucky is my favorite MCU character:(. Then Cap, then Falcon and BW and SW. But based on this show alone, I wouldn't have thought much of either of them, as characters.

As far as Falcon's suit - comic accurate maybe; but the MCU has generally known when a comic costume isn't working in real life; and modified it - and for me the cowl just isn't doing it. Plus with the all the white; it's gonna need to be put under glass re dust $$$$.

I know its been said, but a 2.0 Winter Soldier DX with a diecast arm would be smash hit for HT. Its so obvious. And theres definitely demand for it. They'd be crazy not to do it.

Bucky

Cap Falcon

Walker

Zemo

Winter Soldier 2.0

This could actually be a strong line for them, if they went for it.

Completely agree with you, there was someone in the tread that even compared the new Cap suit to a halloween costume from Target. The suit is cool looking and comic accurate, just waiting the Hot Toys announcement to pre order mine.
The only thing for me is I?m not expecting them to make 2 figures for Sam so I?d prefer his Falcon look as there will undoubtedly be another chance to get his Cap look even if it?s not exactly the same... hope I?m wrong there.
I know its been said, but a 2.0 Winter Soldier DX with a diecast arm would be smash hit for HT. Its so obvious. And theres definitely demand for it. They'd be crazy not to do it.

Bucky

Cap Falcon

Walker

Zemo

Winter Soldier 2.0

This could actually be a strong line for them, if they went for it.
If they do a DX Winter Soldier then I hope they eventually do a v2.0 of the STRIKE suit, I know they never shared a scene together but if I were to put a figure next to WS to represent that movie I would want it to be that figure.

FalconCap suit is awesome, first one of Sam's suits I've actually liked. I'll be all over the 1/12 scale iterations, maybe even a HT if they don't make it all out of rubber

Same. Never was much into a previous Sam costume but this one i'm really into

I'd disagree; because of Disney salesmanship tactics, for one thing.

The show was touted as a kind of buddy cop outing; action, and all that. Even playing on the real life relationship between the 2 actors. Also, while the MCU has brought up serious issues before (particularly under the Russos and Ryan Coogler); up to (now with maybe the relentless pablum from Captain Marvel) the showrunners/directors; and Feige; knew it was better to keep some balance. Nobody watches an MCU movie expecting a Spike Lee documentary.

It could be argued on a couple of accounts, well too bad (like the Thor fans who were none too happy with Ragnarok). That it's just great that social issues are put in your face, whether you like it or not.

I'd argue it's insulting for a showrunner to feel that multiple news feeds, Twitter, streaming services aren't delivering serious information 24/7; or that the audience has never read, or watched anything socially relevant, including comics, for that matter.

And, if you are going to unexpectedly barrage an audience with stuff they already know; do it better. Less is more. Some people are applauding the dose of relevancy - for others like myself; the writing was often just plain bad:slap and character derailing; and didn't cause me to think so much about the issues (that had been discussed far more thoughtfully in various essays online) as think - "this showrunner and writers are so clunky and heavy handed, I'll avoid anything from them in the future:horror. It's clear they care more about having a sounding box than anything else, even if the show had some good, even great moments."

E.g., some liked the IW girl power moment; I thought it was OTT cheese. As far as a product put out by Disney; well, now I know. It's like the Fury eye thing:pfft:. For me, nope. And that REALLY sux for me, since Bucky is my favorite MCU character:(. Then Cap, then Falcon and BW and SW. But based on this show alone, I wouldn't have thought much of either of them, as characters.

As far as Falcon's suit - comic accurate maybe; but the MCU has generally known when a comic costume isn't working in real life; and modified it - and for me the cowl just isn't doing it. Plus with the all the white; it's gonna need to be put under glass re dust $$$$.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. Here are some main criticisms off the top of my head:

1. Broke the "Show, don't tell" rule of writing on many occasions. This is pretty amateurish tbh. It's like Day 2 of writing. It's so rampant I'm actually baffled by it.

2. Sam is the main character yet he's extremely passive until episode 5/6. Again, shows a serious misunderstanding of how to tell a story.

3. Show would've been much better off exploring how a "modern" Captain America would operate. For example, what would Cap say or do to fix the aftermath of the blip? See Cap become more of a political figurehead instead of just a "super soldier" considering Falcon isn't even "super." He could've tackled all kinds of race and inequality issues and become his own version of Cap apart from Rogers who was basically just a boy scout/super soldier (not that I'm complaining).

4. Karli is a terrorists who does terrorist things but doesn't agree that she's a terrorist?

5. During Sam's speech, he is asked some legitimate questions by the senator and he just lectures right past it. Clearly doesn't have a clue about how to handle a complex problem. Starts talking about how everyone hates that he's black, etc.

6. Bucky doesn't want to be the Winter Soldier anymore. "Captain America and the Winter Soldier." I mean this is just a tiny example that many of the characters didn't really go through any meaningful changes. Bucky is supremely nerfed and is just okay with being Cap's sidekick I guess. Kinda seemed like he was okay with that in Endgame. Falcon also accepted the shield in Endgame and then inexplicably gives it up to create needless conflict for the show. They could've tackled all of these issues with him just being Cap. Walker? Honestly what's there to even say about him. The same people claiming Daenerys turned too quickly are praising Walker as a character. Karli? Terrorist but hung up on being called a terrorist. Zemo? He really just broke out to help them and then basically let himself be caught? Sharon? Doesn't even remotely resemble her character from previous appearances. Yeah, yeah she might be a Skrull. Doesn't help this show.

Honestly, I think I might be done with Marvel after this and Wandavision. It's not that I hated it. It's that this is the first time I felt like this stuff was for kids. They're not trying to do better. They're just churning out low-quality content. I am just plainly not hyped for anything coming down the pipe anymore.

They're afraid to take risks and push the story forward. Wandavision = Scarlet Witch becoming Scarlet Witch. This show = Captain America becoming Captain America. This stuff is pure filler.

Whatever, at least my wallet will be pleased I'm not buying HT for a while.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. Here are some main criticisms off the top of my head:

1. Broke the "Show, don't tell" rule of writing on many occasions. This is pretty amateurish tbh. It's like Day 2 of writing. It's so rampant I'm actually baffled by it.

2. Sam is the main character yet he's extremely passive until episode 5/6. Again, shows a serious misunderstanding of how to tell a story.

3. Show would've been much better off exploring how a "modern" Captain America would operate. For example, what would Cap say or do to fix the aftermath of the blip? See Cap become more of a political figurehead instead of just a "super soldier" considering Falcon isn't even "super." He could've tackled all kinds of race and inequality issues and become his own version of Cap apart from Rogers who was basically just a boy scout/super soldier (not that I'm complaining).

4. Karli is a terrorists who does terrorist things but doesn't agree that she's a terrorist?

5. During Sam's speech, he is asked some legitimate questions by the senator and he just lectures right past it. Clearly doesn't have a clue about how to handle a complex problem. Starts talking about how everyone hates that he's black, etc.

6. Bucky doesn't want to be the Winter Soldier anymore. "Captain America and the Winter Soldier." I mean this is just a tiny example that many of the characters didn't really go through any meaningful changes. Bucky is supremely nerfed and is just okay with being Cap's sidekick I guess. Kinda seemed like he was okay with that in Endgame. Falcon also accepted the shield in Endgame and then inexplicably gives it up to create needless conflict for the show. They could've tackled all of these issues with him just being Cap. Walker? Honestly what's there to even say about him. The same people claiming Daenerys turned too quickly are praising Walker as a character. Karli? Terrorist but hung up on being called a terrorist. Zemo? He really just broke out to help them and then basically let himself be caught? Sharon? Doesn't even remotely resemble her character from previous appearances. Yeah, yeah she might be a Skrull. Doesn't help this show.

Honestly, I think I might be done with Marvel after this and Wandavision. It's not that I hated it. It's that this is the first time I felt like this stuff was for kids. They're not trying to do better. They're just churning out low-quality content. I am just plainly not hyped for anything coming down the pipe anymore.

They're afraid to take risks and push the story forward. Wandavision = Scarlet Witch becoming Scarlet Witch. This show = Captain America becoming Captain America. This stuff is pure filler.

They're literaly taking risks and pushing the story forward with Wandavision(a whole show about grief) and Falcon and The Winter Soldier(racism and equality).
You seem to forget that Thanos make his first move 5 years after the first Iron Man and his last effort took almost 10 years after the first Marvel movie, there are no fillers in the MCU but with each movie\series we get character growt.

This show was the foundation to what Sam Wilson can be with the role as Captain America and to get a fresh start to Bucky.
The Disney+ series will be the additional and secondary content for the Marvel movies, the b-sides or side stories that in the end will add to the full story to make it even richer.

4. Karly is a misguided kid, she was doing the right thing but ended with the wrong methods, her mistake was killing innocent low level workers not her ideals, she lacked the experience to know how the world of politics actualy works.
She was not a terrorist in the eye of the people she helped, actually half of the world was with her, thats the thing Sam tells the senators, they were doing a bad job handling the situation, all of this happened because the goverment dont work for the people.

And about the question 5, its not Sam's responsability to know the answer but its his responsability to ask the question, the Senator job is to find an answer to the problem because its his ****ing job and if he cant come with an answer then it's time to give up and let someone with better qualifications take over his job.
And yes you may not believe that racism exist in your head, but people hates Sam since his debut as Captain America in the comics just because he is not white.
For me the show biggest problem is the fight choreography but disney+ has this problem in Mandalorian too.

You absolutely nailed it. I was baffled by the "writing team" for this series. It's like they were fish out of water and this was their first writing exercise...just so bad! And yeah, I think you put it into perspective for me as well. These shows are for kids, so they don't attempt to go any deeper than the surface level. I'm definitely a snob when it comes to watching movies/tv shows because I recognize my time is important, but week after week of just seeing piss poor writing...it just annoys me that I waste an hour on these shows when I could be doing something more productive...

For me, I've stated before I think MCU TV is 0 for 2. I had high hopes for Loki cause the trailers were really well made, but let's be real...it's just gonna be more of the same. Filler content that has no real consequences. They are just means of getting from point A to point B, but lack any real substance to it.

To you sir, I say: :goodpost:

They're literaly taking risks and pushing the story forward with Wandavision(a whole show about grief) and Falcon and The Winter Soldier(racism and equality).
You seem to forget that Thanos make his first move 5 years after the first Iron Man and his last effort took almost 10 years after the first Marvel movie, there are no fillers in the MCU but with each movie\series we get character growt.

This show was the foundation to what Sam Wilson can be with the role as Captain America and to get a fresh start to Bucky.
The Disney+ series will be the additional and secondary content for the Marvel movies, the b-sides or side stories that in the end will add to the full story to make it even richer.

4. Karly is a misguided kid, she was doing the right thing but ended with the wrong methods, her mistake was killing innocent low level workers not her ideals, she lacked the experience to know how the world of politics actualy works.
She was not a terrorist in the eye of the people she helped, actually half of the world was with her, thats the thing Sam tells the senators, they were doing a bad job handling the situation, all of this happened because the goverment dont work for the people.

And about the question 5, its not Sam's responsability to know the answer but its his responsability to ask the question, the Senator job is to find an answer to the problem because its his ****ing job and if he cant come with an answer then it's time to give up and let someone with better qualifications take over his job.
And yes you may not believe that racism exist in your head, but people hates Sam since his debut as Captain America in the comics just because he is not white.
For me the show biggest problem is the fight choreography but disney+ has this problem in Mandalorian too.

I agree with this. It was a good show and I’m glad they grounded it INSTEAD of making it some head in the sand fairytale people want to escape to. I get that might not be everyone’s cup of tea, so maybe THIS story just ain’t for you or you have no capacity to see it from other’s POV. That’s fine, say your peace and move on. There’s no need to trash the entire MCU because they are widening their audience and you’re offended b/c the 80 yrs of content is finally reflecting other view points. For all the things that may not have been up to par or a tad too wordy, it was worth it for the Isaiah Bradly story alone IMO.
All that said, yes, the neck piece didn’t work for Cap in Avengers and it’s not working for Cap in TFWS either. Please Marvel consider a redesign. He looked like Christian Bale in Batman Begins :lol

:goodpost::exactly::goodpost:

As jackollie said: Point 5: Sam is a trained counsellor, his job isn't to provide ANSWERS, his job is to ask the QUESTION and make the person figure out the answers for themselves, to figure out how to move forward themselves. As for claiming that Sam "starts talking about how everyone hates that he's black" he mentioned that once, in relation to a white senator telling him he didn't know what he was talking about.
WandaVision and FATWS were both designed to give these B-characters growth and personality development that the movies didn't have the time to give them, it gave Wanda the time and space to move past life long trauma and grief so she can move forward and take her next steps in her journey. It gave Sam and Bucky the chance to take the next steps in their journey. Was the writing perfect on both of these shows all the time? No, of course not. Was it still nuanced and well done in the areas it had to be? Yes. Just because both shows weren't pew pew bang bang fireworks and gun fights MCU, doesn't mean it was a bad show, and doesn't mean it was for kids, doesn't mean it did a disservice to any of these three.

Fact of the matter is, if you don't like it, turn it off. Don't complain about it, don't have a whine, just ignore it and move on to something that you enjoy, and let the people who are enjoying these shows enjoy them without having you rain on their parade.

Just want Zemo. Where are the 3rd party companies. Imagine it can't be too hard to have a fur lined coat and his purple mask.

You absolutely nailed it. I was baffled by the "writing team" for this series. It's like they were fish out of water and this was their first writing exercise...just so bad! And yeah, I think you put it into perspective for me as well. These shows are for kids, so they don't attempt to go any deeper than the surface level. I'm definitely a snob when it comes to watching movies/tv shows because I recognize my time is important, but week after week of just seeing piss poor writing...it just annoys me that I waste an hour on these shows when I could be doing something more productive...

For me, I've stated before I think MCU TV is 0 for 2. I had high hopes for Loki cause the trailers were really well made, but let's be real...it's just gonna be more of the same. Filler content that has no real consequences. They are just means of getting from point A to point B, but lack any real substance to it.

To you sir, I say: :goodpost:

Yes you and I are definitely on the same page. I'm not going to respond to some of the other posters here because I don't want to get into an argument but I'll say this:

1) There is nothing wrong with criticizing something you care about because you want it to be better. People like bad things all the time. That doesn't make them "good" or above criticism.

2) The biggest argument against my points has been in favor of things that are "coming in the future." It's like you said, my time is too valuable. I just wasted 6 hours on bad TV and Wandavision on top of that. I have no interest in the future.

Back