Falcon and The Winter Soldier (potential) Hot Toys 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good season finale. Also wasn?t a fan of all the white on Sam?s new suit - I?d be more likely to buy a figure of his initial suit or wait for a revised version down the road.

As I suspected Bucky never used that gun in the show. He?s just a $250 dude with a metal arm.

He did briefly use a machine gun on Madripoor when everyone was after them, but it wasn't that particular model.

I also like the new suit, doofy headsock and all (reminds me of Gambit). Can't wait to see HT's take.

Well, I thought this entire series was a big letdown...so cause I didn't love the show I don't feel tempted to pick up the figs.

The only exception would be a black suit US Agent fig! (As long as HT doesn't use cheap ass vinyl...)

Much like WandaVision, I think the show stumbled on the conclusion. Dropped the show down a few notches when viewed as a whole. Still liked it though. If you've watched, you know what figs I'm eager to get now.

There were some really good moments in the series (mainly when it focused on Sam's and Bucky's personal lives), but I agree that they didn't stick the landing with the finale. It was also (mostly) a giant CGI fest at the end, but given Marvel's track record, I was expecting that going in.

I suspect there will be only two figures made for this line, based on the title characters (maybe three if HT does a Falcon 2-pack), and I'm fine passing on them. I commend the comic accuracy of some of the costume designs, but none of them click enough with me that I need to own a representation of them.

Yeeaaah... I'm not really feeling that new Cap suit either. Just looked way too clunky and over-designed, and didn't have enough of the classic Cap look to it. In fact if it wasn't for the shield I might have just thought it was another Falcon costume.

Here's hoping it gets a major redesign for the movie. Or is at least given a much sleeker look.

Sam’s new suit is very faithful to his comic version so I don’t see any sort of major redesign on the horizon. A major point of the whole show was to pass the mantle properly to him. There might be a minor evolution like the Rogers suits between AoU, CW, and Endgame but it’ll probably stick to this look overall.

Which is fine by me because I think it looked great. And will look even better with the budget of an actual film.

Hope we get a Walker figure at some point. If not for the show - which feels unlikely - then when Russell returns at some point as U.S. Agent.

I like the falcon's new costume. This is the first time I am tempted to get a Falcon figure.

The only costume I'd be tempted to get from this series was Walker's US Agent get up. Then I'd likely stick an Evans headsculpt on it since in the comics it was Steve who originally wore that outfit.

Why doesn't he come with the phone that he used to miraculously capture the Flag Smashers? No preorder now!

Overall I think the costume design on this show was very weak.

Yeah, IMO the director or showrunner's decision to tone down the weaponry was a mistake; at least for the finale - I get what they were trying to do, but for
a comic based/fantasy entry IMO it didn't work.

But the, a lot of this show went over for me like dropping a can of grease on concrete - a big splat. Messy, thick, ruins stuff it hits, and irritating.:pfft:

The mirrored Sam's comic book Captain America costume too literally, and I just don't think it works in live action.

Actually this kind of accuracy that i love, but i would prefer the silver parts on the wings to be red.
I am have high hopes that we finally have a Thor with helmet in Thor 4.

The mirrored Sam's comic book Captain America costume too literally, and I just don't think it works in live action.

I thought the suit was fine...my biggest problem with the show was the messy, incompetent writing. Yeesh, such wasted potential! :slap

The shots where the suit had CG touch ups looked stronger than the practical suit...which to be fair is how most of them appear. I was more surprised they used as many takes as they did with the practical suit. I'm still here for it, but I'd be more tempted by his standard getup; we'll get more FalCaps, but this might be out last shot at a true Falcon outfit.

I’m anxious to see whether Sam’s new suit looks better in Hot Toys sixth scale form, or worse. I imagine we will find out this coming week.

I thought the suit was fine...my biggest problem with the show was the messy, incompetent writing. Yeesh, such wasted potential! :slap

Yeah, and IMO it started off pretty well - I was such an innocent victim. I guess the awoken can be happy that they rolled over another one. Looking back, the whole bank thing/white people/Sam-didn't-have-a-401K etc. made me uneasy, as well as nerfing Bucky fairly early on; but it never crossed my mind that Disney's original flagship for D+ would botch two classic Marvel characters :slap and treat a good part of the fan audience as tho they were stupid and needed lecturing. Repeatedly.

Hilarously I was SURE the finale would redemptive, so good I'd be smashing that SSC buy button; instead the Falcon suit didn't translate well to live action and Bucky's look is dull. Plus one of the worst speeches I ever sat through. Where is President Whitmore when u need him:lol

The new suit was nice to see, but I think this was a case of being too "comicbooky" Marvel probably wanted to have the character make a splash in all his red, white & blue glory. Going forward, however, I would reduce some of the white sections, tone down the blue, and go with a more tactical look. I also think the tech can be upgraded with more cool features and hidden surprises. There are already some decent fan designs out there, which I'm not suggesting are necessarily better. It's just a matter of polishing the look, feel and functionality of Sam's suit similar to how Steve's CA suit evolved following the first Avengers movie. I'd rate the suit 6.5/10 for practical aesthetic design (but a 9/10 for optimism). You're never going to please everyone, and some people were going to tear it down regardless, but given how well the series has performed and the generally positive response a lot of folks were happy with it. I'll be adding it to the collection.

SWCap_SuitConcepts.jpg

The red/white/blue is just so obnoxious now. It made sense for Steve and where his character came from but this was a missed opportunity to make the outfit a little more subtle.

This is pretty much the only site I'm seeing anyone dislike the new Cap suit.

The show was fantastic imo and the suit looks great. Right amount of cheese and practically and iconography to work.

Back