Falcon and The Winter Soldier (potential) Hot Toys 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my want list beyond Bucky:
Falcon--Sam finally got an official Falcon superhero suit.
Sam Wilson Captain America--The FalconCap suit doesn't translate quite as well as from the comics as hoped, but I understand why they did it. It might look better if they make the cowl dark blue. I also thought the shoulder pads were too square. The main disappointment is that there weren't any major tech upgrades. That said, some of it might have been rushed plus they were also hampered by Covid delays. I'm sure Marvel will make tweaks for the next movie or S2. I wouldn't be surprised to see HT put this one up today.
U.S. Agent--the suit fans were waiting for.
Zemo--holding out hope, but may not happen until Thunderbolts.

I'm probably not getting any figures from this series to hold to my Infinity War/Endgame only Marvel rule (ok, it's a guideline that I've broken about a dozen times). Nonetheless, that Sam as Captain America Falcon suit will make an amazing figure on the shelf. That's the only one that I'm tempted by, even though I have the Civil War Falcon (it's the same as the Infinity War and Endgame, so no rule violation :) ). Would people really pay $250 for Zemo? I know it's a fun character, but it's a middle aged guy with a purple stocking mask. I honestly think when push came to shove, most on here would opt out of that figure. If a 3rd party makes it for $130ish, then I think a lot would buy it. Decent series, enjoyed it, but not enough to dedicate shelf space to the group.

Sam Wilson Captain America--The FalconCap suit doesn't translate quite as well as from the comics as hoped, but I understand why they did it. It might look better if they make the cowl dark blue. I also thought the shoulder pads were too square. The main disappointment is that there weren't any major tech upgrades. That said, some of it might have been rushed plus they were also hampered by Covid delays. I'm sure Marvel will make tweaks for the next movie or S2. I wouldn't be surprised to see HT put this one up today.

I LOVED THE NEW SUIT
About Sam Wilson Captain America tech, this new suit seems like an upgraded version from his old gear, like now he controls red wing by voice or the red wing mini propulsor like the mark 47 in Homecoming.
I would love if the wings were holographic wings(hard light) like the falcon from the comics but i bet his gear will get more upgrades in the future.

Here is some pics of Cap Falcon:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think it is pretty clear that there will be a FWS S2 so you might have to wait til then to get U.S. Agent since it will be prominently shown there.

Never thought I'd say this but IMO Falcon and WS ought to be split up; WS (or White Wolf) handed to a writer who respects the character; and Falcon Cap can do his thing.

Bucky and Zemo; or Bucky and Torres-Falcon could have some energy.

Anyway guess I'm saving myself $$$$$

Would people really pay $250 for Zemo? I know it's a fun character, but it's a middle aged guy with a purple stocking mask. I honestly think when push came to shove, most on here would opt out of that figure

Maybe. It would hurt. On the other hand, Zemo's been a favorite of mine since Civil War and was a breath of fresh air in this series. At 220$ for me it wouldn't be a question.

Same here. My only problem with the Cap suit is that the cowl part looks kind of weird. It would probably look better with just goggles. Overall, I like it a lot. USAgent was spot on.

Here is some pics of Cap Falcon:

Spoiler Spoiler:

That white headwrap makes it look ridiculously silly but I'd still get this figure to add to my Cap's. I know it's comic accuarate but whatever.

It's a bit garish with the red, white & blue but faithful to the comics so I guess they decided to lean into it. I could see them flipping the white on his shoulders & head to blue for subsequent outings. I think if they ditched the red & white altogether and went blue & silver (kind of a Strike Suit call back) it could look pretty sweet. Not to mention a bit stealthier lol.

I hope the HT release will look more like the CGI version (top photo) vs. how Mackie appears in the costume. He's a bit thicker than he was in TWS, so hopefully they model the figure's physique on past versions.

Loved the Falcon/Cap suit, will be picking that one up for sure,
I just hope they do an Endgame or Infinity War version at some point, The Civil War suit is one of my biggest regrets not getting when it came out

thoroughly enjoyed the series though

That white headwrap makes it look ridiculously silly but I'd still get this figure to add to my Cap's. I know it's comic accuarate but whatever.
I think that's always been my issue with the comic suit. The cowl/headwrap is silly and unnecessary. There's also too much white in the suit; just like Walker's Cap suit didn't look right because there was no white, Sam's has too much.

The goggles though are a massive improvement over the opaque lenses of the comic suit.

I think that's always been my issue with the comic suit. The cowl/headwrap is silly and unnecessary. There's also too much white in the suit; just like Walker's Cap suit didn't look right because there was no white, Sam's has too much.

The goggles though are a massive improvement over the opaque lenses of the comic suit.

TBH seeing this live action made me want to laugh; maybe it would look good on some people but it's not working.

I didn't think the 'cowl' looked too bad visually, but it did look terribly uncomfortable to wear given the way it was pushing down on his ears. I have to imagine that will get a bit of a re-design.

Also, I had no idea this was only 6 episodes. Wasn't expecting it to wrap up so quickly.

The improved it somewhat from the comics by adding the collar at the neck line. Hopefully with the next iteration they'll just ditch the headpiece altogether. The goggles are enough.

agreed. hopefully it's gone by Cap 4.

I could also see a third party company doing Us Agent, Zemo (Man in a Mask) and Sharon Carter.

Good season finale. Also wasn’t a fan of all the white on Sam’s new suit - I’d be more likely to buy a figure of his initial suit or wait for a revised version down the road.

As I suspected Bucky never used that gun in the show. He’s just a $250 dude with a metal arm.

I think a big factor of what makes it look clumsy is the fit and Anthony's proportions compared to Chris Evan's. Evan has a very superhero body and proportions overall. He's like an action figure come to life.

Mackie is a bit shorter and is wider as well. This + the costume not being as form fitting as it can be, leads it to look a little awkward and stubby.

I always thought that he looks a little awkward when he was walking around in his Falcon costume as well. The square and wide shoulder pads they keep giving him doesn't help either.

d7f689ae19480fc35ae1506e2ccbb69a.jpg

d6d637de051a073cf731310d5be6f678.jpg

I loved the suit so much im stronger considering it being my first HT ever.

Thought I'm gonna get a 6 in one too, so maybe just regular falcon will be better if they make that suit(which was also great)

Back