Falcon and The Winter Soldier (potential) Hot Toys 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as Zemo goes, he's been in prison--and a tiny one at that--for what, seven years? (Remember, in the MCU it's 2023 and Civil War happened in 2016.) After seven years in prison to mourn his family, reflect upon his experiences and to miss his freedom I can see him being willing to embrace his wealth and his status and move on with his life. While at the same time wanting to continue his mission to rid the world of superheroes, which he furthered in a big way with his actions in episode 3.

Plus, he does mention the Sokovia memorial; what happened is still with him. He's an interesting villain - one of my favs since Civil War. I've got a few issues but overall think the series is stellar; hate when an episode ends.

Really appreciate all the characters and plot threads being picked up from The Winter Soldier and Civil War. Feels like a true spiritual successor to those movies.

To be able to continue exploring the themes and characters from those movies (as well as the end of Phase 3) in a series is great. With so much time available, everyone gets a lot of development including the new characters.

I?m really impressed by most everyone. But I like Wyatt Russel?s portrayal of John Walker enough that I hope Hot Toys makes a figure of him. I would strongly consider getting it.

I don?t appreciate that he?s getting threats from people who don?t seem to understand what they?re doing with the character, but that?s further evidence of just how well he?s playing the role.

It also has the same composer as TWS and CW, so musically, it sounds similar too. I might be one of the few who gets a kick out of hearing music cues from TWS or CW, and it helps the show feel like a continuation of the previous entries (other than the Avengers movies, MCU movies have typically struggled with musical consistency).

Are you serious about him getting threats???!

If so that is insane, what the hell is wrong with people???

This is why we can?t have nice things.

Yes, he is unfortunately getting death threats and people are being hostile by calling him ugly and a terrible Captain America.

He’s taking it in stride but it’s still a ****** thing to do. Unfortunately whatever fan base you’re a part of, there’s a segment of it that’s full of toxic people.

They absolutely have no clue that while you’re supposed to understand his motivations and be sympathetic to a point, he’s supposed to be a bit unlikable and more abrasive as a counterpoint to the altruistic Steve Rogers. A soldier first and foremost, versus Steve being a good man first and a soldier second.

It also has the same composer as TWS and CW, so musically, it sounds similar too. I might be one of the few who gets a kick out of hearing music cues from TWS or CW, and it helps the show feel like a continuation of the previous entries (other than the Avengers movies, MCU movies have typically struggled with musical consistency).

Yep, another great point. Having that continuity there is also a great feeling. I love the end credits, both the theme and visuals.

I get SUCH a kick out of that every time I hear music cues from TWS and CW, it genuinely makes each episode so much better for me. The obvious one being the Winter Solider theme, but when Bucky talks about Steve in episodes 2 and 3 we hear cues from "End of the Line" from TWS, and then with Zemo we hear "Siberian Overture" from CW and it's just CHEFS KISS fantastic. Love love Henry Jackman's work, I'm so glad they brought him back for TFATWS.

I get SUCH a kick out of that every time I hear music cues from TWS and CW, it genuinely makes each episode so much better for me. The obvious one being the Winter Solider theme, but when Bucky talks about Steve in episodes 2 and 3 we hear cues from "End of the Line" from TWS, and then with Zemo we hear "Siberian Overture" from CW and it's just CHEFS KISS fantastic. Love love Henry Jackman's work, I'm so glad they brought him back for TFATWS.

Ditto. The callbacks in this show tell ME that the writer/writers/director/producer paid careful attention to continuity.

I'm one of those who gets bothered when I'm watching a film, and something doesn't mesh with the movie that happened before. Like in EG, the Ancient One talks about how DS was "meant to be the best of us" etc. but in the DS movie, she had to be persuaded to teach him.

So that makes no sense - but then again, End Game. Time travel. Probably better not to think about it too much anyway.:cool:

Yes, he is unfortunately getting death threats and people are being hostile by calling him ugly and a terrible Captain America.

He’s taking it in stride but it’s still a ****** thing to do. Unfortunately whatever fan base you’re a part of, there’s a segment of it that’s full of toxic people.

Poor guy. Russell is doing a great job. Hate to welcome him to the looney end of fandom.

Ditto. The callbacks in this show tell ME that the writer/writers/director/producer paid careful attention to continuity.

I'm one of those who gets bothered when I'm watching a film, and something doesn't mesh with the movie that happened before. Like in EG, the Ancient One talks about how DS was "meant to be the best of us" etc. but in the DS movie, she had to be persuaded to teach him.

So that makes no sense - but then again, End Game. Time travel. Probably better not to think about it too much anyway.:cool:

I'm sure a number of Youtube people can come up with a bunch of 30 min videos about how that was just a "teaching lesson" from The Ancient One:lol

The way Winter Soldier was able to board the first tractor trailer with the second one DIRECTLY BEHIND IT make absolutely no attempts to alert the first truck was so dumb,

The way I see it is, there was no need for them to alert the truck because it was sort of a "trap". The group seems to be quite overconfident in their abilities and what's her face (forgot the character's name already, don't really like her :lol) seemed to expect that someone would board the truck given her lack of surprise.

The person driving the second truck was probably like "Oh yeah, he's in for a treat".

Another Marvel Monday reveal - Hasbro and Funko reveal their Zemo. As expected, sweet ****all from HT.
zemo_0.jpg

Cool, things are looking promising!!

I’m guessing Hot Toys will announce Zemo the Monday after the last episode ...I need a Zemo in my collection
I kind of figure that's when they will announce Falcap in the new suit. The two things I want most from this show- Zemo and Falcon- I don't expect to see from HT. I'd love to be wrong though!

We're half-way through the series. A Zemo drop now would have been a nice tide-over until the inevitable Captain Falcon announcement after the last ep. Bucky was announced late Monday night after the first episode...so there's still time I suppose.

Im confident we will get jhon Walker from them, but Zemo is the wild card. Really hoping we get him :pray:

Bucky

Falcon

Walker

Falcon Cap

Zemo

Thats a decent set and they would all sell. But HT didn't go deep for WandaVision. I thought those Halloween costumes were a sure thing :dunno

I think we’ll only get falcon cap from HT at this point since they didn’t put up falcon with WS. 50:50 on Zemo, although I seriously want one.

Looks like another Marvel project when they haven't a clue what's popular and plays it safe by making the title characters only like Wandavision.

I think we’ll only get falcon cap from HT at this point since they didn’t put up falcon with WS. 50:50 on Zemo, although I seriously want one.

They may not be able to put up Falcon since at the moment it's an open question of will he/won't he end up with the shield. I still have hope for Zemo since the toughest thing is the head sculpt.

They may not be able to put up Falcon since at the moment it's an open question of will he/won't he end up with the shield. I still have hope for Zemo since the toughest thing is the head sculpt.

HT failure to do Zemo - I'm standing by to make me own (head sculpt is relatively easy by the way).

HT failure to do anything other than Falcon CAP - I'm standing by to do a regular version (or comic-hybrid).

In short - KitbashOfficer is ready for duty

Yeah it doesn’t seem that it would be too hard for hot toys to produce a Zemo figure at all. It’s not like his clothing seems tricky or complicated and they have demonstrated their ability to make good (sometimes great) headsculpts. Of course for me the headsculpt doesn’t matter much because I would feel compelled to display him with his mask/head covering.

I am so confident HT will make Zemo that I am currently looking for shoulder holsters for mine :)

The way I see it is, there was no need for them to alert the truck because it was sort of a "trap". The group seems to be quite overconfident in their abilities and what's her face (forgot the character's name already, don't really like her :lol) seemed to expect that someone would board the truck given her lack of surprise.

The person driving the second truck was probably like "Oh yeah, he's in for a treat".

Even if that's the case the fact that they didn't show this just made the scene seem poorly executed. All they needed to do was show one little insert or cut acknowledging what was happening, but I guess in the end it doesn't matter since the MCU sheeple eat all this content up and praise it all as "amazing!"

Back