Fake Wolverine or real?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recognize the pic from the seller's FS thread (unless he stole the pic from someone else). You need to drop his name, so the community here knows what's going on. We need to deal with this guy.

Definitely looks like a fake to me.

I commend you for the way you are handling all this BTW!

Sallah

Looks like a fake. Why is he even asking you to try to re-sell it? He needs to refund you and he can deal with his own mess. I'm thinking he knows it's a fake. I don't know anyone willing to let go of a real Wolvie for only $250.

I would appreciate if anyone knows the individual by the photos I posted or anything to please keep to themselves, he may be willing to make it right.

Seller has a pretty clear obligation to give you a refund based on what you are saying. And it looks fake to me based on the cheap looking paintwork on the head. There were comparison shots HT put together once, that someone may have access to.

edit:

https://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2011/08/beware-fake-hot-toys-wolverine-in.html

8j5XV.jpg

I knew about the eyeliner and sweaty face/hair... but I didn't realize he was also a different race too :lol

The original version had a bit of a tan to it, which was pretty unusual for HT releases at the time, and the best the Vietnamese bootleggers could do was an orange spray tan approximation I guess.

The original version had a bit of a tan to it, which was pretty unusual for HT releases at the time, and the best the Vietnamese bootleggers could do was an orange spray tan approximation I guess.

It's the main reason I've not even looked into getting one, most listings are stock photos anyway. I just didn't realize how damn orange he is, Hot Toys definitely eclipses everyone else for the most part.

Besides, the Jack Torrance looking Wolverine is coming out soon :D

The eyeliner is a dead giveaway seeing the comparison pics.

I hope this gets resolved.

I think Ryno has done all that can be done, I would assume the seller has become aware of this at this point. Give him his money back.

Although I still would of thought 250$ would be too good to be true from the beginning, and it was too good. Most real Wolvies go for upwards of 500$ or more last time I checked.

I am not 100% that he knew it was fake. He wants to make it right, but the money is spent. He is willing to sell it again, noted as a replica, in which case I would ship it out.

What do you guys think, is this a fair resolution?

Ryan

I am not 100% that he knew it was fake. He wants to make it right, but the money is spent. He is willing to sell it again, noted as a replica, in which case I would ship it out.

What do you guys think, is this a fair resolution?

Ryan

Full refund but you pay shipping? I would do it.

Basically, yeah. Ultimately that's what it'd end up being.. Plus a buyer who knows what they are getting.

Not the worst outcome but not the best either though. I would be nice if the dude paid for the shipping. I feel it's his responsibility and the least he can do for causing you trouble.

Not the worst outcome but not the best either though. I would be nice if the dude paid for the shipping. I feel it's his responsibility and the least he can do for causing you trouble.

100% agreed. You shouldn't be out anything. He sold it as a real-deal, he obviously can spot a fake (as evidenced by him calling it that on facebook), so it is hard to believe he didn't know it was.

I would be a little wary about the way he is "refunding" you too. How are you to know if the next buyer is being told if it is a fake or not? And if they aren't told, it is your address that they will have if you send it and not his. Plus, depending on how he sends you the money, paypal may want you to send it to the confirmed address attached to that account. If you don't do that, you put yourself at risk of claiming it wasn't sent.

I ordinarily wouldn't be this paranoid on a deal... But everything you have said so far points to this guy being a little on the shadey side.

Sallah

Thanks for the concern Sallah. I feel OK with it because it isn't a new member or anything. I think the Facebook thing was a mixup.

The figure will be listed as the replica, and I will be paid directly.

100% agreed. You shouldn't be out anything. He sold it as a real-deal, he obviously can spot a fake (as evidenced by him calling it that on facebook), so it is hard to believe he didn't know it was.

I would be a little wary about the way he is "refunding" you too. How are you to know if the next buyer is being told if it is a fake or not? And if they aren't told, it is your address that they will have if you send it and not his. Plus, depending on how he sends you the money, paypal may want you to send it to the confirmed address attached to that account. If you don't do that, you put yourself at risk of claiming it wasn't sent.

I ordinarily wouldn't be this paranoid on a deal... But everything you have said so far points to this guy being a little on the shadey side.

Sallah

:exactly::goodpost:

Thanks for the concern Sallah. I feel OK with it because it isn't a new member or anything. I think the Facebook thing was a mixup.

The figure will be listed as the replica, and I will be paid directly.

No problem man! :1-1: Just want to make sure you're playing it safe...

Sallah

Back