FAKE STATUES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a major problem, my retailer in town is suppose to get some IM stealth the problem is they dont come with oringal boxes. because sideshow just got 150 boxes empty boxes JACKED... and there limited printed. So with your staute you get a shiny white plain box!.. SUCKS!.... I imagine the stolen boxes are use to move the fakes.

interesting.....

ebay is already constantly having listings of fake hulk vs spiderman dioramas and iron man comiquettes. if you guys see this auction, EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU MUST REPORT IT TO EBAY, using the link on the bottom of the page.
it only takes 2 minutes or less people. if you see it and let the auction go, you are enabling.

pretty soon the x men vs sentinel diorama will be next cause it fetches a pretty penny on ebay and it makes it a worth it investment for the people producing fakes.

so start today by reporting this link-
https://cgi.ebay.com/Stealth-Ironma...ryZ48971QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
or copy this auction on ebay and report it-

Fake is fake and can not compare to the real one. everything has its own value. but for me I wont be enjoying as much as with the people owing the real one bcoz i know it is fake and I simply cheat on myself.
And for x-men vs sentinel 1 the fake one is already in the market.
surely it would make SIM and x-men more collectible in the mkt imho.

Thks
Rgds
Amin Ko

I love how everybody hates these fake statues but when an ebay seller was selling a fake Patient Zero nobody cared. :rolleyes:

I love how everybody hates these fake statues but when an ebay seller was selling a fake Patient Zero nobody cared. :rolleyes:

You must have not read the threads about that or they were deleted. That argument really got heated. LOL! Such a ryhm! For real that was a real hot topic. You missed it? :dunno

This is a major problem, my retailer in town is suppose to get some IM stealth the problem is they dont come with oringal boxes. because sideshow just got 150 boxes empty boxes JACKED... and there limited printed. So with your staute you get a shiny white plain box!.. SUCKS!.... I imagine the stolen boxes are use to move the fakes.

Sounds like Sideshow needs better security.

Sideshow is aware of these and they do take action. Doesn't mean ebay or the sellers will do anything about that though.

Sideshow is aware of these and they do take action. Doesn't mean ebay or the sellers will do anything about that though.

Dave, since most of us are on ebay probably a lot more than the good folks at Sideshow are, is there a "fraud control" (or something like that) number or e-mail we can send to someone over at Sideshow?

I doubt that even Sideshow can stop an auction like that, considering nobody's gonna fess up making these fakes... and the seller is "just selling it" but who knows...

I guess I just don't understand some of you guys. I think it is wrong to profit off of this. I get that part. However, people are selling fake sunglasses, Coach purses, Tommy T shirts, and everything else. Why is this so taboo? If you know you have the real thing than who cares. Why waste your own time trying to police something that will never go away? They know it is a problem. Let them take care of it. Otherwise please report your local street dealers on their fakes Batmen of America.

I guess I just don't understand some of you guys. I think it is wrong to profit off of this. I get that part. However, people are selling fake sunglasses, Coach purses, Tommy T shirts, and everything else. Why is this so taboo? If you know you have the real thing than who cares. Why waste your own time trying to police something that will never go away? They know it is a problem. Let them take care of it. Otherwise please report your local street dealers on their fakes Batmen of America.

That's a good point. Nothing really can be done unless SSC decides to squash these buggers legally....if the damages are high it may make others think twice about doing it....but it still won't stop it. There will sadly always be fraud in everything. I mean heck...there were those gas stations that were watering down their gasoline! :horror

I think if someone were to sell a statue on ebay and claim that it's an actual Sideshow piece when it's really not - THAT'S a problem.

Fake statues that look like Sideshow statues that are advertised as fake - and that morons are buying for $800 or $900, well, that's their problem. If they wanna get hosed - KNOWINGLY get hosed... fine. Let stupid reign.

That's a good point. Nothing really can be done unless SSC decides to squash these buggers legally....if the damages are high it may make others think twice about doing it....but it still won't stop it. There will sadly always be fraud in everything. I mean heck...there were those gas stations that were watering down their gasoline! :horror

Not to mention the flouridated water that government is making us drink. :lecture My point is I just don't get the I'm telling mentality. I mean grow up. Sideshow knows it is a problem. They have been told. It is up to them. However, I actually side in a way with the sellars. They are probably very poor people trying to make a living in a country that profits from making goods cheap so we will then turn around and pay top dollar for them. If you want to change the world fine by me. But damn. LOL! This is just crazy.

I think if someone were to sell a statue on ebay and claim that it's an actual Sideshow piece when it's really not - THAT'S a problem.

Fake statues that look like Sideshow statues that are advertised as fake - and that morons are buying for $800 or $900, well, that's their problem. If they wanna get hosed - KNOWINGLY get hosed... fine. Let stupid reign.

I agree with that statement 100%. People who buy this stuff and invest in it are already in the know anyway. That is why I don't understand when people waste their time fighting about it. If you have an OG statue than you and other collectors will know.

My response from other thread:

this is getting bad...these are popping up all over the place...and they sell for mad money...this seller should be shot :gun

https://cgi.ebay.com/Stealth-Ironma...ryZ48971QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this auction will be pulled, no doubt. At least 4 people have reported it, including myself.

Told you.........

This listing (300238547428) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.
If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.

Sadly, it will pop up again...they always do with a different seller name. :(

Sadly, it will pop up again...they always do with a different seller name. :(

Well shoot, here's a BARGAIN. $400 BIN for a fake...

https://cgi.ebay.com/Ironman-comiquette-huge-resin-statue-Not-Sideshow-LOOK_W0QQitemZ300240034927QQihZ020QQcategoryZ48971QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Edit:

His revised description almost makes me feel sorry for the seller
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE BIDDING!!

Iron Man painted red and gold. As seen in the movie, a red and gold ironman. This is NOT but similar to the sideshow statue. This is not made of polystone but of lighter resin, but is not as strong as the sideshow one. The paint job is great though I do not have the original to compare with. This again is NOT the sideshow one so if you want the original one, please do not bid. It needs assembly as shown in the picture and need to glue the arms to the body. I would say the paintjob is smooth and shinny as you can see from the pictures. If you want a perfect sideshow statue, then this is not the one you want. But if you can not afford a sideshow one like me but like to have a similar statue to display, I would recommend it to you. Please do not bid if you are looking for investment. This is for collectors and hobblists. It will not increase in value. I do not mean this is not a great statue, but just do not want to mislead those who would think it is an original or are looking for good money return. Again, this is a great display model statue with excellent quality as you can see in the pictures. The pictures are the exact one you will get. This is the same as the exclusive version with option human head. Comes with base, huge box. 1/4 scale.

Last edited:
Sideshow doesn't care. They made thier money off those pieces already.
So far, I have only seen action against recasters taken by Bowen.

Back