Prop Facebook group for selling and buying Star Wars props and replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This group now allows not just props and studio scales but also Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Attakus, Hot Toys etc. busts, statues, maquettes and figures.

No idea who this guy is that is managing this Facebook group but this guy ..but this guy has some complex issues in his life for sure....

This guy was looking to buy something he can not find anywhere and was hoping group members might help him out ...

Im out of this group.. no time for such idiots and childish behavior ...

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-26%20at%2010.06.33%20AM_zpslbn0tbri.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-26%20at%2010.06.48%20AM_zpsorg3e7hs.png

I read what happened there and though I don't agree with MB it's his own turf. No matter if we like what his rules are or not we should obey them if wanting to be members there. The same with SSF board here, I don't like the idea that you need to pay to be able to sell stuff (though I only sold 2-3 things here anyway), these are the rules and that's it.

I and a couple friends intended to make a Facebook group for more than just replicas - when this group only had props and replicas there - and in an hour we had 100 members, but I have my own problems so I had to let it go for another day.

I'm a member and do feel it's ran with an iron fist, I asked if someone could get me an Art Print from the Star Wars celebration and it was deleted. Is that not a wanted add.

I wouldn't recommend the page tbh.

I'm a member and do feel it's ran with an iron fist, I asked if someone could get me an Art Print from the Star Wars celebration and it was deleted. Is that not a wanted add.

I wouldn't recommend the page tbh.

Did you read the rules of that group - pinned post on top? For now it is only about props, helmets, studio scale, and high end statues and figures. No stickers, no prints, no Hasbro figures, no Burger King figures, no Titanium ships etc. I might not agree with all of that, especially since it was my idea to ask him let people bring statues, busts, and Hot Toys/Sideshow figures too, and thus I'd like a wider audience group, but in the end that is the scope of that particular group and those are its rules.

If you post here on SSF a topic about you selling something that doesn't belong in the proper section, it would be deleted as well. Follow the rules there and you'll be fine. If you don't like it, simply leave.

I posted a book of sith / halocron on there which got deleted without notice.

I guess a courtesy message advising me was too much to ask...

To me this guy is playing little emperor on that group .. what is fine if that keeps his self-confidence up... to me its ridiculous ..And yes..I read the rules as well.. but nothing wrong to help some members out finding or selling things they have a hard time with..

I'll be the devil's advocate once again. He bent the rules before by adding statues, busts and figures to the group, which initially started as a prop only group. But we all have to remember that is HIS group and HIS rules - bad or good as they might be, we have to obey them as long as we want to be a part of that group. If any of us doesn't like those rules we are free to leave (or make our own group). Quite simple.

Looks like he changed the rules to suit himself.
Mine got deleted when I asked if anyone can get me a print from Celebration. Must be something he wants.

Seriously the car thing made me giggle when I see what he wanted. Has he never heard of car wrapping? If I ran the group i would delete it too. Posts like that knock serious sellers and collectors post down. Its a group for collectors. There is props on there not available here or RPF or rebelscum.
Its not difficult to follow rules you do it here or on other forums. And if he gets 1-5 people doing that a week it probably gets annoying.

I'll be the devil's advocate once again. He bent the rules before by adding statues, busts and figures to the group, which initially started as a prop only group. But we all have to remember that is HIS group and HIS rules - bad or good as they might be, we have to obey them as long as we want to be a part of that group. If any of us doesn't like those rules we are free to leave (or make our own group). Quite simple.

Agreed. He made the group for a specific reason and it was that reason that made me join. I'm glad he's strict if it stops the page turning into some car boot sale with people trying to sell junk.

Im the same. You go to it because you know what's there and you don't want to wast your time seeing crap. Its a bit like Facebook now just full of crap and not worth going there.

Back