Fable 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oblivion is a great example of what next generation ARPG's COULD be. Bought it, beat it, downloaded the expansion, beat it. I just don't get this drive twords "shorter" games.
I want longer titles for my money damnit.

I think they are going for shorter games at launch but with added content coming therough downloads like oblivion. IMO if a game launches with 12 hours of gameplay and they plan on releasing expansions every 2 or 3 months then the game should initially cost $40 considering the DLC will cost anywhere from $5 to $30 like Oblivion. Oblivion, if you got all the downloads would cost a little over $100 easily. We are getting ripped off paying $60 for a 12 hour game, $70 or $80 for the SE and having to wait a few months to get more content at an added cost, for them to turn around and release a GOTY version a year later will all the content for $60.... like Oblivion.

I think they are going for shorter games at launch but with added content coming therough downloads like oblivion. IMO if a game launches with 12 hours of gameplay and they plan on releasing expansions every 2 or 3 months then the game should initially cost $40 considering the DLC will cost anywhere from $5 to $30 like Oblivion. Oblivion, if you got all the downloads would cost a little over $100 easily. We are getting ripped off paying $60 for a 12 hour game, $70 or $80 for the SE and having to wait a few months to get more content at an added cost, for them to turn around and release a GOTY version a year later will all the content for $60.... like Oblivion.

And this is and has always been my biggest problem with downloadable content.

Some of the add on's for Oblivion were ridiculous like the horse armor (which I didn't get) but the Shivering Ilse's was great and I just wish they would put more out like it.

Last edited:
I pre-ordered it at gamestop on monday and ive called everyday since and they still dont have the codes for the pub games...grrrr

I pre-ordered it at gamestop on monday and ive called everyday since and they still dont have the codes for the pub games...grrrr

Went and pre-ordered it yesterday and got the codes. Will be playing them today. Can't wait :rock

Be careful debt comes quick in this game especially if you had a few before you play it.:lol

Remember you can reset your character to erase debt.
So far Ive got all the items but the Cornerstone prizes.
Fortunes Tower is where you make the dough,Spinnerbox is a tedious button masher and Cornerstone is literally a crap shoot.
The unlockable preproduction art is gorgeous and gets you excited about whats coming.
Kain, saw you playing last night when I was on but you dont show up on the friends leader boards...odd.
There is actually going to be a live tourney coming up against members with real prizes.
Saw master Chief armour "Fable style" that you can buy for your character...pretty funny.

Fortunes Tower is the best pub game I don't like spinner box at all you can lose money way too fast doing it and I cant seem to place above 6th in the tourney for it.

Fortunes Tower is the best pub game I don't like spinner box at all you can lose money way too fast doing it and I cant seem to place above 6th in the tourney for it.

LOVE Fortunes Tower. I've already won almost 1000 and place in almost every tourney I've entered.

Spinner Box is something I'll mindlessly do while I'm on the phone or something. No skill to that game (it's a slot machine)

Getting used to Keystones and placed in the only tourney I've done.

You don't HAVE to merge your character either but it looks like I'm going to since I hope to have a ^^^^ load of gold.

I do have to say that this in one of the most brilliant ideas any game company has ever come out with. My one question is will my winnings only be available to my first character play through or will I be able to pull those winnings for every new Fable 2 game I start?

I know nothing about this stuff but I figured I'd download these and if I like it enough maybe get the game down the road.

Being "too" rich might spoil the game I think. It depends what the price of things are in Albion. Id like to start off with a house for a base of operations.
Must have the unique items from the pub games however.
Wonder what that mysterious ring does?
If a bunch of Dark Riders come after it Im ditching it fast:nazgul:lol

Being "too" rich might spoil the game I think. It depends what the price of things are in Albion. Id like to start off with a house for a base of operations.
Must have the unique items from the pub games however.
Wonder what that mysterious ring does?
If a bunch of Dark Riders come after it Im ditching it fast:nazgul:lol

:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha

I wouldn't mind having a ^^^^ load of money :monkey3

Jesus Christ Rex!!!! How much have you been playing this game??? What have you been doing to rack up that much $$$ already?

Jesus Christ Rex!!!! How much have you been playing this game??? What have you been doing to rack up that much $$$ already?

I'm not close to what I'll need apparently:rolleyes:
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter Molyneux reveals how rich you'll have to be in order to buy everything in the game.

Speaking to VideoGamer.com at E3 Peter Molyneux has revealed that players will need to have amassed about 100 million gold in order to buy everything Fable 2 has to offer.

"To buy absolutely everything in the world you need about 100 million gold - to buy every single building and every single vessel."

Thankfully you'll be able to start earning money six weeks before Fable 2 goes on sale through the pub games that will be released on Xbox LIVE Arcade.

"It's not a demo, but we are releasing these Xbox LIVE Arcade games," stated Molyneux. "Six weeks early, so people can play these really simple things. Six weeks before Fable 2 comes out, you can start playing those and then by the time Fable 2 comes out you could buy three properties and become a landlord."

I can't wait to get to level 5 so I can start using the Towers glitch and make some serious coin.

I've won 8 of the 9 items that I can so far. I think I found the trick to placing in Keystone.

Absolutely despise Spinner Box :emperor

I can't wait to get to level 5 so I can start using the Towers glitch and make some serious coin.

I've won 8 of the 9 items that I can so far. I think I found the trick to placing in Keystone.

Absolutely despise Spinner Box :emperor

So whats the trick. I do agree about spinner box its just there to waste time and money where the other 2 games can be fun and you can make money at them.

Back