Extras and Ancillaries line from Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has got to be a joke. With all the cancellations of the Endor troopers Sideshow must've gotten the hint that background characters cannot be released before more main stream characters.

I don't know what to think. Part of me is going Holy **** another line and the other part is going am I just falling for a joke. Some of the aliens are pretty cool looking but yikes!!

If they ever do an Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen, I think they'd need this new line, though the title is very lackluster, but saying they're heroes of the rebellion because they raised Luke would be a stretch, they're bigger than Tion Medon, but they're similar in that they were characters that just were.

MaulFan said:
...but saying they're heroes of the rebellion because they raised Luke would be a stretch.....

Are you frakkin with me? Dude, they took Luke in knowing full well who he was and who is father was. They were given a mission by the leaders of the rebellion and they carried that mission out and paid with their lives.

TO UNCLE OWEN AND AUNT BERU: HEROES OF THE REPUBLIC!!!!

I don't consider them heroes of the rebllion because they didn't fight the cause, they saught to just lead a simple moisture farming life on tattooine and stay out of it all, it's just my personal definition of what it takes to be part of the rebellion.

MaulFan said:
I don't consider them heroes of the rebllion because they didn't fight the cause, they saught to just lead a simple moisture farming life on tattooine and stay out of it all, it's just my personal definition of what it takes to be part of the rebellion.

It was their mission to "stay out of it all". Thats the whole point of their existence in the Star Wars universe. :monkey4

;)

I don't perceive it as their mission, I can't imagine they were asked to live that life style, but hey, Star Wars is open to every fan's interpretations.

If you were given a baby by Obi-Wan Kenobi knowing that this baby is the son of the biggest villain in the galaxy, don't you think its heroic that they took him in and hid him from the empire?

May I remind you of what Beru and Own, true HEROES OF THE REPUBLIC, said?

Beru: Luke's just not a farmer, Owen. He has too much of his father in him.

Owen: Thats what I'm afraid of.

HEROES OF THE REPUBLIC!!!

Ah, I think this is a joke. I believed it at first, which I think says something about their character choices lately.

Although, the chicken may be a joke. The new line may be real. Who knows. They can sell lots more chess tables that way.

I personally think they didn't necessarily know that his father was the supervillain of the galaxy, and after AOTC, I think Owen's concern's are about how Anakin was rash and emotional and everything. Their deaths weren't related to Luke, so they didn't die protecting anything. Again, it's just my view of it. To me, Heroes of the Rebellion are people like Han, Chewie, Wedge, Lando, Captain Antilles, people that physically fought for the cause.

pixletwin said:
Are you frakkin with me? Dude, they took Luke in knowing full well who he was and who is father was. They were given a mission by the leaders of the rebellion and they carried that mission out and paid with their lives.

TO UNCLE OWEN AND AUNT BERU: HEROES OF THE REPUBLIC!!!!

100% agree. They, more than virtually anyone, really put themselves in a position inorder to save the galaxy.

i'd be disapointed if they were in any other line.

MaulFan said:
I personally think they didn't necessarily know that his father was the supervillain of the galaxy, and after AOTC, I think Owen's concern's are about how Anakin was rash and emotional and everything. Their deaths weren't related to Luke, so they didn't die protecting anything. Again, it's just my view of it. To me, Heroes of the Rebellion are people like Han, Chewie, Wedge, Lando, Captain Antilles, people that physically fought for the cause.

Check out the second issue of Jawa Force for my take on all that...

JF2

jf2-8.jpg

I'm not trying to say they weren't in any way heroes to the cause, I was just saying that as far as the 1/6 lines go, I consider Heroes of the Rebellion to be made up of people that were directly a part of the Rebel Alliance as an organization, not the rebellion as a cause.

I have to agree, I think that Owen and Beru knew what they were getting into. They protected Luke and they're sacrifice allowed for Luke to do what he had to do.

Heroes of the Rebellion... although I still don't think we'll be seeing them anytime soon. And I can't imagine dropping $100+ for the set of them, blue milk or not :rotfl

But there are a lot of other characters they can drop into this line because Beru and Owen (and it would be a 4 pack - we need the old and young versions, right?).

Cantina musicians, pod race attendees, heck, even the fan favorite Ice Cream Maker Man would all fit into this new category.

:lol The last two years April Fools Jokes I got immediately because they were so obvious. I belived the whole new line thing up until I looked up who the first figure was supposed to be! :lol This would have gotten the completist bug of out me for sure. Well, maybe not. That giant chicken would definately be a interesting piece, but seriously, I didn't even recoginze a single name on the poll! Sideshow really did their homework!

Now the real question, is this really going to be a new line though? It would make enough sense (title would likely need to be changed though). I want to see the military's packaging now!

Bravo Sideshow! First time you had me going. :D

It seems like a pretty obvious April Fools joke to me. A better one would have been if they had announced a new LOTR PF. No one would have known if that was real or not!

Back