Explosion in Boston?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder about how relevant it is to highlight the 'kid next door' angle. A lot of the violence over the past 10 years (Muslim; not the mentally ill like James Holmes and Adam Whateverthe****hisnamewas) has come from seemingly normal people. In every case, people who knew the killer describe them as quiet and friendly. I suppose it's news to some, but anyone who has identified the common denominator early is not going to see this line of inquiry as anything profound. There's even a name for it (Sudden Jihad Syndrome).

The same article could have been written for the Russian revolutionaries in the 19th century. Lenin's older brother was executed for an attempted assassination against Alexander II. The kid was a high school chemistry medal winner. They were all extremely intelligent, and often from affluent families. How did they become bloodthirsty nihilists?

Ideology. Examine what they actually believed in and the answer is clear as day. As surfin4 so aptly pointed out, the media elite in this country have propagated a narcissistic, entitled, intellectually shallow culture based on their own professed agenda. He obviously sees that as some kind of manifestation of capitalist materialism, but any dunce can see what economic system Hollywood, Rolling Stone, higher education, and the major news outlets of this country believe in.

Dzokhar Tsarnaev was a product of his beliefs. His beliefs were evil. Case closed.

I wonder about how relevant it is to highlight the 'kid next door' angle. A lot of the violence over the past 10 years (Muslim; not the mentally ill like James Holmes and Adam Whateverthe****hisnamewas) has come from seemingly normal people. In every case, people who knew the killer describe them as quiet and friendly. I suppose it's news to some, but anyone who has identified the common denominator early is not going to see this line of inquiry as anything profound. There's even a name for it (Sudden Jihad Syndrome).

The same article could have been written for the Russian revolutionaries in the 19th century. Lenin's older brother was executed for an attempted assassination against Alexander II. The kid was a high school chemistry medal winner. They were all extremely intelligent, and often from affluent families. How did they become bloodthirsty nihilists?

Ideology. Examine what they actually believed in and the answer is clear as day. As surfin4 so aptly pointed out, the media elite in this country have propagated a narcissistic, entitled, intellectually shallow culture based on their own professed agenda. He obviously sees that as some kind of manifestation of capitalist materialism, but any dunce can see what economic system Hollywood, Rolling Stone, higher education, and the major news outlets of this country believe in.

Dzokhar Tsarnaev was a product of his beliefs. His beliefs were evil. Case closed.

:exactly: Thank you.

You guys are still chewing this ****?

Nah, I'm done :)

Back