EXO-6 Star Trek "The Wrath of Khan" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I preordered Saavik with and without the jacket, very happy it's turning out so good!

Last edited:
IMG_4801.jpeg

Just the one for me. Went for the Regula One version to get the jacket. Even though I might not even use it much it’s a good option to have. She’s not a character I need two of.

I am also buying 2. I am thinking of have two displays, Kirk, Spock, McCoy and Savik with jacket and another display without. Spock is not coming with a jacket so guess will have to get 2x Kirk or McCoy with jacket etc to use the spare for Spock.

Apparently, they'll be changing the color choices for the Landing Party jackets based on the recent Greg Jein auction.
I find that mildly worrying, basing colors on a costume that is four decades old. The reds have (seemingly) faded and the whites yellowed.

That seems like a drastic change to make especially after you've already taken a bunch of people's pre-order money. :(

I swear, this obsession he has with “set colours” is maddening.

Directors and especially production designers choose wardrobe materials and colours, lighting conditions, and camera settings in order to achieve the look they want ACCORDING TO HOW THE PARTICULAR MEDIA OF THE PROJECT WILL SHOW ON TV OR SCREEN!

All of our cherished memories of these shows and movies are based on the final appearance of the characters, sets, and uniforms the production team wanted us to see! So why not base the items you wish to sell these same fans on what we actually saw?

The answer to that question is clear and plays directly into NT’s mindset.

Like any fully initiated elitist, he feels that going with the set designs ties him personally to the elite group of actors and producers that were actually walking the set environments on the day of filming and makes him feel like he is connected to the rarified air those elite few breathed back in the day when these incredible properties were first brought to life.

So, often those set choices don’t meet with the desires of folks paying their hard earned cash to by his products? WHO CARES!

Make no mistake, lowly customers are at the lowest possible rung of the EXO ladder in terms of how important they are to the company. NT is making these figures for himself first and foremost. If a handful of folks also want to own some of them, that can be a bit of a nuisance, but hey, it lets him make even more figures for himself!

This is the reason anyone seeking to offer an opinion or an idea on how to improve a prototype or (God forbid) offer anything that could be taken as a criticism of choices made is tagged with the Scarlet Letter of “Expert” and unceremoniously RUN OUT OF TOWN!

At the end of the day, this is not a business NT is running. It’s a personal project for him and him alone that he happens to fund by letting us in on the fun as long as we take what we are given and make no noise at all.

I know, I know…. If we want to own a piece of Star Trek and include it in our cherished 1/6 collections, we have absolutely no choice but to shut our worthless mouths and play his game, but that doesn’t mean we have to be very happy about it.

BUT, like most of us, I’ve been by and large pretty happy with my EXO figures so far (I only have TMP Kirk, Spock and Mirror Sulu at the moment because those are the most pleasing to me so far) but TWOK is at the top of my want list like almost everyone else. I have Saavik on preorder so I’m praying the founder’s ego doesn’t screw up that away jacket.

So at the end of the day, will I shut my worthless mouth and take what I’m given and be happy? Yeah I will. It is not my desire to run EXO out of business because of my high strung sensibilities, and I want as much 1/6 Trek as we can get, I just have to sound off ever once in a while for my own sanity. I appreciate your indulgence!

Last edited:
Directors and especially production designers choose wardrobe materials and colours, lighting conditions, and camera settings in order to achieve the look they want ACCORDING TO HOW THE PARTICULAR MEDIA OF THE PROJECT WILL SHOW ON TV OR SCREEN!
This is such an excellent point I felt the need to quote it for that reason only.

Back