EXO-6 Star Trek "The Next Generation" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
already thinking about the potential for getting a second body and using the meaner headsculpt for Lore

They missed a trick by painting both Spots the same way :p

Spot was notoriously played by both a long-haired Somali cat at first and then several short-haired tabbys in later appearances.
Species was not the only point of confusion though as Spot was also referenced as both male and female across different appearances with no rhyme or reason. Eventually everybody pretty much settled on Spot being female when she gave birth to kittens, but then Picard:S3 decided to keep the tradition going and called Spot a 'he' again :LOL: (I swear to god this is not an invitation for nuisances to air their political grievances, move along)

Like Data himself, Spot here seems to be based on his early appearance and not the later appearances that most people remember her by (including Picard).
Only in two earlier episodes did Spot have this strong coloration, while all future appearances were much lighter tabbys.

To me it looks like the narrowness of the head is based partially on Data's earlier appearances, which is not actually how most people remember him.
Brent Spiner was very skinny/lanky for the first couple seasons, while he settled into a more average weight for the remainder of the series (and slightly more full in the movies) which is how most people remember Data.

I do still think the sculpt needs a little more work. Especially around the eyes. I think it's mostly the eyebrows. They look...oddly aggressive. The preview of the second sculpt looks a little more neutral.
Maybe one of them is Lore ;)

I think it's a couple things. For one, like I mentioned above, people generally remember Data looking a little fuller than his early skinny appearance. While people do remember Lore more as that early skinny look because that was that character's most prominent appearance in the show.
Second, there is a slight aggressiveness to the main sculpt. The preview of the second sculpt softens this expression.

I honestly think they should make the sculpt with the softer expression the primary sculpt, and make the second head explicitly into a Lore head with a unique expression.
As it stands, they're both so similar to each other, there's hardly any difference and it's almost not worth the inclusion. Make the nice/kind face the normal head, and make the second head even meaner so that it can be Lore! Then it would be worth it.

kw9GlZS.gif
Yeah I realize Spiner was a whole lot thinner in those early seasons, but I was referring more to how the sculpt looks slightly squished in compared to the CG renders. Which is something you sometimes see happen with custom sculpts where it gets compressed in the mold.

Last edited:
Equal parts happy and sad I drew the line at TOS only today. :ROFLMAO:
I'm sure your bank account is happy about it. Data is my favorite Trek character so there are no lines being drawn here!
From TOS I got Kirk and Spock but that's pretty much where I'm calling it quits, any more I get will be from TNG and possibly Picard S3.
If they make a PICs3 Data I'll probably be getting that too.

Collectorzown has the best price on this again. $233 shipped after discount code is applied. Only catch is you pay in full but I order a bunch from there and never have issues.

I'll continue to order directly from EXO-6, as I'll be sure to get quick shipping and less chance of drama.

SO glad to see the TNG line finally take off. Data looks good and as mentioned by Blackout, that second sculpt could be used for a Lore custom.

I'll continue to order directly from EXO-6, as I'll be sure to get quick shipping and less chance of drama.

SO glad to see the TNG line finally take off. Data looks good and as mentioned by Blackout, that second sculpt could be used for a Lore custom.
I mean do what you want. I’ve ordered a good chunk of mine from Collectorzown and literally have never had an issue and get them pretty close to as fast as ordering directly from EXO-6. They also tend to be less compared to Sideshow for Hot Toys.

I just think that if you’re going to do 2 head sculpts, maybe at least offer a slightly more curious looking expression. Just a little upturn in the mouth would have been great. They do two heads, just to have one with an exposed plate that they could have just added anyway, like the old Art Asylum figure. Seems a bit of a waste but still a good looking figure.

Placed my order for the standard version direct with EXO-6 instead of BBTS this time around. Exciting time for TNG fans, I wonder who will be next?

I got my order in pretty quick. The figure looks good, mostly the outfit tailoring, and I want to fill out a decent TNG collection. Like many, I'm just a little weirded out by that head sculpt. It's a fine sculpt that feels accurate, but it's just a very specific expression that doesn't seem quite iconic to the character. I think we recognize the expression from some moment in Data's appearance, but can't place it to a desirable memory of his overall history. There are moments when I look at the sculpt and it feels like John Cusack about to say something from... "Say Anything". It really does look like John Cusack playing Data!

I mean do what you want. I’ve ordered a good chunk of mine from Collectorzown and literally have never had an issue and get them pretty close to as fast as ordering directly from EXO-6. They also tend to be less compared to Sideshow for Hot Toys.

I wasn't trying to question your ordering through CollectorzOwn, Mike86. I was only saying that so far, so good with ordering directly from EXO-6, even if I'm paying a little bit more. The peace of mind is worth it to me.

I don't want to risk missing out on a figure or going through the hassles that some folks went through with 7of9, for example.

With the exception of "First Contact" Picard, I've ordered all of my Star Trek figures through EXO-6 with no issues. FC Picard was through BBTS, which went fine but took an additional few months to ship, through no fault of their own.

I'm stoked for the TNG peeps who've been waiting for this crew to launch. "The entire Bridge crew from Star Trek: The Next Generation will be joining the 1:6 collection in the next few months" is ambitious to put it mildly (assuming startrek.com didn't mess up that press release bigtime), but Data is always a good place to start.
Hopefully the line releases at an interval similar to VOY, that would be welcomed surprise. Looking forward to seeing the other crew members teased.

To be honest, I love TOS but TNG is my favorite (by a Klingon whisker...) Can't wait to see more of the crew becoming available.

(My favorite ship is the TMP refit, though. No other comes close, with the exception of the original.)

Oh My…

Just realizing now from one of the promo shots that it’s not fully clear whether that alternate head sculpt with the positronic mechanism showing comes with a hair component to cover that up if you just want the slightly different expression and not the brain surgery option.

If it’s really just the angry face with full hair or the skull showing subtle smile head I’m going to be disappointed.

IMG_0864.jpeg

Back