EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Problem if the trousers he wore with that uniform were similar to the TOS movie one’s minus the coloured stripe - very different to those worn with the regular TNG duty uniform - he’d need a complete wardrobe change!

Everything looks really good! I'm iffy on Khan's hair, but I don't like rooted hair in general.

My big question is if we'll be able to get Picard in the regular uniform too. Much as I love Darmok, I'm not much into the jacket look. Maybe that figure could include a swappable top, like the First Contact jacket?
EXO-6 is making all TNG main cast in their standard uniforms.

Nanjin has admitted that the prototype head sculpts are somewhat inferior on purpose in order for people to be wowed by the better production versions, not to mention they ALWAYS look better in-hand. These TNG figures here are early prototypes, so there ya go. The production versions will be amazing.
No. I don't think I said I intended to show bad looking prototype so I can do whatever.

Speed, I need speed and momentum, and maximizing profit was not our objective.

Doing beautiful prototype are NOT our specialty.

Remember, we are production base. We manufacture good looking Star Trek figures, and absolutely NOT a good Star Trek figures seller, and we ARE NOT a prototype company.

I won't show Jacob's paintup and mislead you guys we can produce his quality, because we NEVER can.

Not going to spend USD300-500 to paint a beautiful Spock, so more people will buy him while our USD15 paintup shop try to imitate an artist paintapp who charges $300 each. That's asking them to do impossible, and I am ripping you off.

BTW, lighting were terrible.

Beside Riker, TOS McCoy, Khan, the rest I like and I don't mind keeping them as is.

No. I don't think I said I intended to show bad looking prototype so I can do whatever.

Speed, I need speed and momentum, and maximizing profit was not our objective.

Doing beautiful prototype are NOT our specialty.

Remember, we are production base. We manufacture good looking Star Trek figures, and absolutely NOT a good Star Trek figures seller, and we ARE NOT a prototype company.

I won't show Jacob's paintup and mislead you guys we can produce his quality, because we NEVER can.

Not going to spend USD300-500 to paint a beautiful Spock, so more people will buy him while our USD15 paintup shop try to imitate an artist paintapp who charges $300 each. That's asking them to do impossible, and I am ripping you off.

BTW, lighting were terrible.

Beside Riker, TOS McCoy, Khan, the rest I like and I don't mind keeping them as is.
What's wrong with TOS McCoy?

Attachments

• A68496C1-CE24-4FD5-A38A-B84F7FEB7EC7.jpeg
    A68496C1-CE24-4FD5-A38A-B84F7FEB7EC7.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 59
Nanjin, the placeholder TOS Kirk sculpt was just to fill the body right?

It looks like an unpainted QmX sculpt. That green wrap sculpt you showed a long time ago looked amazing.
received_714821888864550.jpeg

Highly recommend watching the Tested interview. Wonderful to see the passion, knowledge and dedication Nanjin displayed when talking to Norm. And kudos to Norm as well for the thoughtful questions. No matter what age you are or what era of Trek you’re into, we should be grateful for these figures on offer to us.

1. Thank you Nanjin for this. A dream come true.

2. Instant Pre-Orders for me, no questions:
a) TMP Kirk and Spock (bring on Bones!)
b) Picard in the Darmok jacket
c) TWOK Spock

3. Dress Uniform Kirk, Spock, McCoy and Pike in the chair - AMAZING. I wanted to stick with regular uniform TOS, but this set is a complete scene from the show, it's growing on me...

4. Riker and LaForge: I need to see the heads from more angles. I desperately want to instantly pre-order them and complete a TNG crew set, but as it stands, I might just be going with a select few from that crew instead.

The Riker comments today speak for themselves. I think his face needs to be sculpted to look less gaunt, more rounded (puffier?) in the cheeks and jowls and a less aquiline nose.
View attachment 571102

With La Forge, I think his chin needs to be increased in size, needs to be fleshier, not flattened off.
View attachment 571103

In addition:

Riker - Jonathan Frakes naturally has slightly hooded eyes on the outer corners, which look like they are completely missing in this sculpt and make his eyes unrecognisable without. The nose thing is interesting, as it's reminding me of FC Picard in that I reckon the natural facial asymmetry of the actor is throwing things off a bit because the sculpts seem to be applying total symmetry. Perhaps it's a bad photo angle and lighting but the nose bridge really looks wrong.

Geordi - agree the chin looks flat. But also, his eyebrows seem painted too low. Compare the different angles in these photos: the sculpt is positioned low in the photo with the camera facing downwards, and the eyebrows are just above the visor; on the right the camera is looking up, yet Geordi's eyebrows are comfortably above and visible above the visor.

I really think that if EXO-6 can give some these sculpts another look, they could look incredible. Just look at the attention to detail in getting the ear shapes done correctly.

On a more general note:

Uniforms look amazing though! All costumes/implant outfits across the board, actually.

More generally: absolutely blown away by many the figures from yesterday - DSC Pike is eerily real (truly, a tiny Anson Mount), the new Spock figures look incredible, and damn, how good is that Locutus? The Picard sculpts are taking a huge leap forward IMO.

I am not collecting VOY, TOS, TWOK or DSC (although now I'm tempted...): TOS was before my time but it was still fascinating to see the Cage figures, and the TOS figures just generally look awesome. +1 to Seven looking fantastic. Saru is a feat given his height and natural gait...I wonder how heavily his legs must be weighted?

This is the difference between a company that merely holds a licence, and a company that LOVES a licence.

Back