EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nanjin, are you still working on getting the tracking numbers out there? Only reason I am asking is I paid the remaining invoice and have not gotten a tracking number yet. Not worried or anything but just do not know if I need to be on the look out for him arriving yet or not. Thanks.

He was referring specifically to the goal of Star Trek United with this quote (in case anyone was curious about the context).
Ah never mind my questions I googled it and found out what Star Trek United was. From what I found it was just a marathon of already existing Trek.

Last edited:
Nanjin, are you still working on getting the tracking numbers out there? Only reason I am asking is I paid the remaining invoice and have not gotten a tracking number yet. Not worried or anything but just do not know if I need to be on the look out for him arriving yet or not. Thanks.
Nope. Nothing to worry as of now. Trust me, if I lost anything, I will replace it.

I can actually foresee Trek. Most of my assumptions happened.

Alex Kurtzman's strategy is to link up the original Trek (old testament) and the new Trek (new testament)

Borg is the best medium especially for Picard.

We are on the right track by cutting into Trekverse with First Contact then Voyager. My strategies are the same with Alex Kurtzman. It is not difficult to guess my next move.

Not difficult??? I`m breaking my brain here!
Um... Is it Seven? Or... maybe a Spock with a new sculpt?

I got my tracking number for Picard from my postal app. When a package registers with them (upon arriving in the country) and has a phone number matching mine, it is added to my app. Is it not like that in US..?

Data is waiting for Picard’s arrival. Not the best photo but it’s from my phone.
9194B7C2-C552-4D71-AC98-51ED95530E40.jpeg

Not difficult??? I`m breaking my brain here!
Um... Is it Seven? Or... maybe a Spock with a new sculpt?

I got my tracking number for Picard from my postal app. When a package registers with them (upon arriving in the country) and has a phone number matching mine, it is added to my app. Is it not like that in US..?
I get notified when stuff is sent to me through FedEx. I think I also get notices for UPS too. For the regular USPS I don’t get any notices. They might have a notification service but I don’t have it. . . yet. This might push me over the edge to finding out. Lol

I want to like new Star Trek. I just don’t like how it’s being handled under the reigns of Alex Kurtzman.
I have several other Trek fan friends who are more plugged into the new stuff than I am ... you are far from alone with that opinion.

I'm guessing the 55th anniversary figure is either Spock with a new sculpt, Pike or Q. There is even an outside chance that it's Locutus.

When TNG originally aired I watched a few episodes and recall thinking it was like a soap opera (as opposed to Star Wars' "space opera"). DS9 was even worse, because it was static, as a soap (or a sit-com) where most of the interactions occur in a common meeting place like a pub. It was Cheers in space.

I gave TNG a chance much later, due to QMx 1/6, and watched it all from beginning to end. I fell for it. Loved the ship and the interaction between the characters. I also watched all of Enterprise, Voyager and DS9 around that time, but TNG remained the clear favourite out of them.

Then a little while back I got the TNG Blu-ray set and made it to the end of season 6 before giving up. I found the characters had largely become irritating, and apart from the holodeck and Q episodes it was a chore to get through.

Maybe the TNG crew were too chummy? It was too touchy feely, emphasised by having a Counsellor on the bridge. The on-hand therapist was actually at odds with Roddenberry's utopian vision. Some things never made any sense. The crew aren't paid in cash, yet the Federation has to use cash to interact with aliens who don't share the same communist values, especially the capitalist Ferengi.

In Rodenberry's future no one will go without, so things are magically conjured from energy by replicators. But they can't create money or the means to power a starship, because that would break the universe.

The holodeck is fun, but also ridiculous due to the scale, level of detail and realism, and the amount of a starship's power you'd expect it would need just to often act as amusement for the crew. The reality of such a utopian future would more likely end up like the opium dens that lured addicts to lives of drug-addled hedonism!

The ultra idealism of TNG renders it less effective than TOS, which was a more basic, workmanlike SF tale of space exploration and moral dilemmas.
I dipped in and out of TNG, it wasn't appointment to view for me. It was on BBC2 weeknights at 6pm. I was on various courses at the time so I'd be very tired. More often than not, I'd start watching and find I'd fallen asleep! Weirdly, I'd wake up and see the same name on the credits every time, Wendy Neuss! Her name is ingrained on my brain. I later learned that she is now Patrick Stewart's wife, so she's ingrained on his too!

Of the episodes I did stay awake for, I did like them. It was one and done though, I never recorded any of them. I remember odd events, like the death of Tasha Yar and Picard's assimilation. I probably remembered more at the time as I bought a couple of the Geometric vinyl kits, Picard and Troi and enjoyed building them. I saw a bit more of DS9, possibly the first couple of seasons. It was the same situation though, one and done, and I can barely remember any of it now. I saw Generations in the cinema and thoroughly enjoyed it, it was great seeing the interplay between old and new. First Contact was another I saw there too, and that was great. I have all the movies on DVD and have yet to see either Insurrection or Nemesis. I think I'll like them though........

Good. Picard is landing. So in regards to unboxing, we can start looking at Janeway.

Should we start a new post for FC series collectors? Obviously and is an know fact that FC is not just Data and Picard. More to come.

There are OG TOS fans here who have very little interest in TNG and subsequent characters.

Janeway too! She is actually right there with Kirk in popularity within Trekverse. I still can't believe she is more popular than Picard and challenging Kirk position. Yes, Strange but proven on Janeway sale. (TOS fans in my age group need to understand we are becoming history 😆 and we are no longer the driving force behind Trek)

Too many characters to discuss in one thread.

Voyager was the first Star Trek that I watched as an adult. My wife became a Star Trek fan after watching this series with me. I’m 50 but LOVE Janeway. So I can never thank you enough for making her!👍

Back