EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean I liked it enough that I pre-ordered. Part of it is me wanting to support the company. To be completely honest I haven?t been blown away by either release so far. Both are pretty good but seem like they could be a bit better. Hopefully when I get Data in hand I?ll be satisfied.

Also like I mentioned earlier- the fact that Nanjin made it seem like these would be less than they are. I was thinking they would be around $160-$170 and both have been $190. Still less than other sixth scale releases, but a bit more than I initially was expecting.

Yeah I know there were early hints that they might be cheaper, but realistically I always expected they'd be around the same price as the QMX ones. These are licensed figures so Nanjin probably can't get away with the lower prices you see from third party companies.

Combination of a few things looking at the two pictures together. His eyes are too squinty I think is one thing. Agreed about the eyebrows not looking right, and I also agree the chin dimple isn’t high enough.

After studying the two pics, I agree that the squinty eyes are what may be the main issue. I think it makes him look too old for that film.

Good catches regarding the chin dimple and the eyebrows but I think the eyes are the key here.

I still think that it will look great on display with Data.

Yeah I know there were early hints that they might be cheaper, but realistically I always expected they'd be around the same price as the QMX ones. These are licensed figures so Nanjin probably can't get away with the lower prices you see from third party companies.

I thought so too but good point in regards to the license.

I pre-ordered early. I definitely want the Data/Picard FC set to help support this fledgling company. Based on the promo photos -- I think the Data head sculpt is stronger than Picard's, but overall I like it just fine. I'm sure that in-hand, Picard will look amazing. I'm really looking forward to the Decorated Captains line upcoming, especially green wraparound Kirk and Picard in his TNG alternate field jacket. Finishing the regular series TNG bridge crew is a main desire. Even though I stopped watching new Trek series after TNG's 1994 finale -- I am aware of the other spin-offs enough to most-likely pick up this entire Captains lineup. As for movies, gotta have anything from TWoK, and I'd love to see some TMP entries eventually.

Re: EXO-6 "Star Trek" 1/6 Line

Is there a list somewhere which other shops have these for sale? Should I (from Germany) buy directly with lots of shipping costs, or try to find a nearer one? I sure don't want to miss out when my time comes.

There are some retailers in Germany offering the Exo 6 figures at varying prices, most of them with no shipping costs. The prices they are asking are all well above the USD price but you have to consider shipping fees and customs when buying from the US.

I am not an expert of post TOS stuff and I won ' t buy anything else than TOS but IMHO Picard `s head looks better than QMX TOS Kirk ' s, although Picard ' s uniform around the shoulders seems to be of a too heavy fabric.

Anyway if I were a Picard fan I would buy him, not only for supporting Nanjin!

I'm going to wait and see how the FC Picard looks when it starts shipping.
Yes. Best is to judge by those who have them on hand. They are the best objective commentators.

This is the phenomenon that I mentioned. Friends will have lots of decisions to make.

I move fast, and won't over produce, and I believe this is the only way for me to complete my 5 years mission.

Maximizing quantities were one of the reasons that kills high production cost Trek collectibles. I took this variable out from my formula.

I produce according to my production not according to quantities demand potentials.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

I have to give you a hint since your name used, Schubert is same as my given name.

The character should not be what people assume. I am hoping to surprise everyone.

Let me rephrase my question: What will be the next characters, since you want to complete your mission within 5 years there won ' t be just 1 figure every 3 months or so.

BTW my name is SchuBert which makes it slightly different to your given name.

Take care! You're doing a good job so far.

I have to give you a hint since your name used, Schubert is same as my given name.

The character should not be what people assume. I am hoping to surprise everyone.

Let the guessing begin. I think it might be something from new Trek. Personally I would assume TOS or movies so if I am not going with what I assume then I lean towards something from new Trek.

Re: EXO-6 "Star Trek" 1/6 Line

Let me rephrase my question: What will be the next characters, since you want to complete your mission within 5 years there won ' t be just 1 figure every 3 months or so.

BTW my name is SchuBert which makes it slightly different to your given name.

Take care! You're doing a good job so far.

You will see in a few weeks. [emoji16]

If you want to guess, please factor in TOS is 55 this year.

Last edited:
Back