EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would, I guess I am a completionist. I'd rather have a whole crew from one line than a bunch of random captains.
Captains take the lead in each series, then each series will have their own production schedules. I am taking care of ALL Trek.

Buy the Captain that you want and follow the releases that follow this particular Captain.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

I?m holding out for Janeway and Sisko.
I have my fingers crossed.
You will love them.
I think we might even edge out everyone's female heads production paintup.

Sisko is going to the most bad-ass 1/6 Trek Captain. FC Picard won't even come close in this respect in terms of the ?Theme.?

You will love them.

Sisko is going to the most bad-ass 1/6 Trek Captain. FC Picard won't even come close in this respect in terms of the ?Theme.?

I love DS9, Sisko will be great. I wonder if he will have a beard and non-beard headsculpt. :) I hope you do Kira too!

Sisko is who I'm anxiously awaiting. I would love his command chair on the the Defiant with the two control consoles on either side.

The boots don't look good.

I presume that's Velcro in the tunic standing in for a working zip, and it looks like it extends too high.

The grey part is a bit like a shawl rather than more flush with the black as on the real costume.

The material itself, and the way it hangs just doesn't scream high end. For all the hype I'm just not seeing the pay off yet.

And yes, a fondness for the source does play a lot into how we perceive the figures. If it's something you want it's possible to feel less critical towards it.

Sometimes, however, a good figure will draw me to actually re-evaluate and appreciate the source, but Picard and Data just don't look very enticing at all.

I'm not seeing that myself. The gray portions actually were thicker on those uniforms, and nowhere as flush as on the TNG ones. And the fit and hang of the uniform looks pretty darn accurate to me.

The only complaint I have is that I wish the gray portions were actually ribbed like they should be, instead of just using stitches to signify the ribs. But I know in 1/6 scale that's probably not an easy thing to replicate. But hopefully those stitches will at least be as evenly spaced on the final figure as they are on the proto, as I tend to get a bit OCD about details like that being off. Lol

I'm not seeing that myself. The gray portions actually were thicker on those uniforms, and nowhere as flush as on the TNG ones. And the fit and hang of the uniform looks pretty darn accurate to me.

I was looking at this purportedly FC photo, where the grey is quite flush and soft:

Patrick_Steward_as_Jean-Luc_Picard_in_1996%27s_Star_Trek_First_Contact.jpg

Or this:

picard_and_data_in_star_trek_first_contact.jpg

And comparing it to this:

EXO6_FCPicard_blk_07_sml_2048x2048.jpg

Or this:

EXO6_FCPicard_blk_05_sml_2048x2048.jpg

The grey section seems too much like a separate, stiff shawl.

I am curious to see how Nanjin ? s TOS Klingons will look like,
and the female TOS tunic skirts... The proto he once showed us was quite stiff and the collar too broad and large.

Here for a couple of comments since Nanjin and Exo-6 read this:

-That new Picard looks great. I wasn't sure I needed a second one until I saw the proto pics. So realistic! And I love the different vest options.

-I want to add another vote for 2 H eadsculpts for Sisko. I want bald and hair version sculpts. Data got 2 heads. Why not the Defiant's captain?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Here for a couple of comments since Nanjin and Exo-6 read this:

-That new Picard looks great. I wasn't sure I needed a second one until I saw the proto pics. So realistic! And I love the different vest options.

-I want to add another vote for 2 H eadsculpts for Sisko. I want bald and hair version sculpts. Data got 2 heads. Why not the Defiant's captain?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Well we already know Sisko is going to be wearing the FC-style uniform, so a haired sculpt wouldn't really fit with that since he was sporting the shaved head by that point.

Although I suppose if Nanjin ever releases Chakotay in his VOY uniform we could switch out that head with Sisko's for a S1-S2 look...

Well we already know Sisko is going to be wearing the FC-style uniform, so a haired sculpt wouldn't really fit with that since he was sporting the shaved head by that point.

Although I suppose if Nanjin ever releases Chakotay in his VOY uniform we could switch out that head with Sisko's for a S1-S2 look...

Sorry to tell you, Chakotay is at least one size smaller than Sisko.

You will love them.

And here I was going resist those series. It sounds like I might be caving in once they are revealed.

Nanjin if my wallet could speak I think by 2022 it would be doing its best impression of Kirk?s TWOK yell (substituting ?Nanjin? for ?Kahn?) every time a figure is announced.

Can?t wait to have Data in hand to see how good the quality of the production figures are. I am really hoping for a sturdy base figure that does not require a stand if I choose not to use it. That is one of the things I really liked about the QMX figures. It actually surprised me how well they displayed right out of the gate.

Back