EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: EXO-6 "Star Trek" 1/6 Line

Lots of experiences had been gained in those few years, and spent time to investigate the previous Picard issue. More importantly, I have THE amazing Janitor Tailor now. My new version will take some steps forward, and which is a natural progression (if not, I am beyond Stupidity)

I did proposed to the licensor for a product line which allows previously released Picard to be modified to EXO-6 version at a minimum cost. But the proposal was turned down. Therefore, I have no choice but to make my Trek as Head Turners. My new trek MUST out perform ALL previously releases.

The situation dictates the above tactics. But the end results are still ?the best Trek in Sector Zero One.?

Sounds like I'll be replacing my QMX TNG Picard with a new and amazing version. :lecture

Re-watching the series has put me well into the mood for TNG figures.

I remember now why it was so watchable. It's hard to describe in a way that makes sense, but TNG somehow feels cosy. Maybe it's because Enterprise-D looks so comfortable, coupled with how well the actors/characters work together?

Best crew, best ship, best villains, best writing.

TNG is amazing.

I think the first season of TNG has a reputation for being bad, but I'm still liking it well enough. It also introduced Q right from the start, and he's always a fun character and great foil for Picard.

There's something quite risque running through a number of the episodes that still comes across as daring, which may have been due to Roddenberry's hands on involvement. Such as Data proving how fully functional he is with Tasha; the recreational sex planet with the skimpy costumes - according to IMDB Roddenberry wanted the costumes to be even smaller! Then there are at least two men in dresses among the crew.

In the UK I think TNG aired in the early evening (DS9 certainly did), but the US air time was apparently 10.30 pm, which would explain the racy writing.

The first 3 seasons are ropey. Once Roddenberry stepped down, Ron Moore, Michael Piller, Jeri Taylor and Brannon Braga stepped up. From season 4 onwards it's amazing to see the leap in character and story depth.

The truth is, once they committed to the Borg storyline with Best of Both Worlds and came back after that cliffhanger, they were the definitive iteration of Star Trek. Something that still hasn't been equalled.

Yeah the show definitely matured up quite a bit after those first two seasons, which seem more dated than ever now. Although I still get a kick out of watching those episodes, especially with the amazing scores they had

I believe that in the first season, they obvious were trying to figure out the characters and what direction to take them. I'm certainly not a fan of the uniforms, though. Season 3 onwards is how I view the TNG uniforms.

Season two had the stories start to improve and the actors becoming more comfortable with their characters. We were introduced to the Borg and we got some fantastic episodes such as "Elementary, Dear Data", "Loud as a Whisper" and "The Royale".

Season three was great. We had the characters really come into their own. Uniforms were finally updated. Stories began having deeper connections to the characters and new characters were introduced, as well. Plus, Dr. Crusher's return was also welcomed. "Yesterday's Enterprise" still is one of my favorite episodes. "Best of Both Worlds- Part 1" left us with an amazing cliff-hanger.

Subsequent seasons continued with great episodes (maybe a meh one, here or there) but mostly fantastic. As much as I love TOS, TNG is what I would consider "My Star Trek".

While some of you are binging TNG, I am doing DS9 and I'm having a similar experience. Once they introduce the Dominion and Jem Haddar, it really takes off and Worf is a wonderful edition to the show. He's even better here than in TNG as he gets more screen Time and even some romance.

I like the comfortable, friendly vibe the characters have with even the non Starfleet like Quark, Rom, Garak, etc. Adding flavor to the story stew. I really can't believe how much I want a Quark figure now. He will pair so nicely with Odo.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

While some of you are binging TNG, I am doing DS9 and I'm having a similar experience. Once they introduce the Dominion and Jem Haddar, it really takes off and Worf is a wonderful edition to the show. He's even better here than in TNG as he gets more screen Time and even some romance.

I like the comfortable, friendly vibe the characters have with even the non Starfleet like Quark, Rom, Garak, etc. Adding flavor to the story stew. I really can't believe how much I want a Quark figure now. He will pair so nicely with Odo.

Starfleet in a losing war.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

The first two seasons of TNG have a high amount of cringe IMO. But thence onward, it's a really fantastic series, and I agree, it is the most "cozy" feeling of the series. Like curl up with a cuppa hot chocolate on a rainy day and watch and episode kinda great.

If the Picard TNG is remade, please please lengthen the tunic, it rides up whenever his arms are posed, and another body style would probably be a plus as well. I know *he* likes to pull it down but it makes posing so difficult.

And re Quark -- he's such a fantastic character, I'm waiting on pins and needles for that release.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Seconded. I'm also really looking forward to Voyager figures, actually. Mainly because there just isn't much out there for VOY, comaratively. DST/AAs 7 inch line never did them, not that it really compares to 1/6 except that it feels like so long ago that there were any VOY figs in any scale at all.

Seconded. I'm also really looking forward to Voyager figures, actually. Mainly because there just isn't much out there for VOY, comaratively. DST/AAs 7 inch line never did them, not that it really compares to 1/6 except that it feels like so long ago that there were any VOY figs in any scale at all.
Yes yes yes! While I did have some fun with my 4,5" and 9" Voyager Playmates during the past year, I am always getting so frustrated about the lack of articulation and the poses I can't do as I am used to so much better from other figure lines.

Third! I hope we get at least two Voyager figures before the year is over. They are woefully underrepresented. I don't have a single piece of Voyager merch which I can't say about any of the other shows(except Discovery but that show hasn't been out that long yet).

Third! I hope we get at least two Voyager figures before the year is over. They are woefully underrepresented. I don't have a single piece of Voyager merch which I can't say about any of the other shows(except Discovery but that show hasn't been out that long yet).

Each Captain will be followed by more than one crew member.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

In defense of Seasons 1 & 2 of TNG; here are the ones I really like:

The Naked Now
The Last Outpost
The Battle
Hide and Q
The Big Goodbye
Datalore (cheesy, but fun)
The Aresenal of Freedom
Conspiracy
The Child
Elementary, Dear Data