EXO-6 Star Trek "First Contact" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I know Nanjin views these figures as being specific to FC and that storyline, but for me it's more just a representation of how the TNG crew looked during their final adventures on the Enterprise-E. So yeah I'd be totally down for getting the entire crew in those uniforms, because I thought they looked great in theim.
That's how I am looking at these FC figures, as well. They can represent not just FC but the subsequent films.

I also agree with Llarian that a Cochran figure would be fantastic. I'll pose him holding a bottle of booze and pointing towards the stars... (a slight alteration to the classic statue pose...) :wink1:

Let's check out one of the First Contact display possibilities

(In picture: FC Picard proto V1.0, Composite picture background from Denny)
Picard (1 of 1)-2.png

Captain's chair looks really good there. Picard didn't really do the "manspreading" thing when he sat, but I realize there may be limitations on the kind of sitting poses you can pull off with these figures.

Really nice @nanjin. Can you show us how he looks with crossed legs as well?

Attachments

• 7F1A729F-1AAD-4FFD-875C-BCEEB6F56D8F.jpeg
    7F1A729F-1AAD-4FFD-875C-BCEEB6F56D8F.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 25E4AA06-FE38-4767-90F3-E9A174D097A3.jpeg
    25E4AA06-FE38-4767-90F3-E9A174D097A3.jpeg
    482.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 3E313FCD-4B07-4964-BE56-23FF1D6A46EC.jpeg
    3E313FCD-4B07-4964-BE56-23FF1D6A46EC.jpeg
    854.8 KB · Views: 41
Our current body can't do cross legs like that. Know anyone can do that? What method did they utilized? Soft materials or extended hip joint like SHF?
While I do understand that this is a challenge given what you can do with a body, I also realize that every single captain is sitting mainly crossed legs.

Attachments

• 9D7DF810-B73B-4B9E-8433-51A77EA9A19B.jpeg
    9D7DF810-B73B-4B9E-8433-51A77EA9A19B.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 87C2FA94-79DB-4AE6-B1EA-AF05483DE6BA.jpeg
    87C2FA94-79DB-4AE6-B1EA-AF05483DE6BA.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 40
I examined this since 2017 when I produced the TOS Ent Chair.

Not going to explain the detail, just sit down on your chair and cross your leg and look at the following picture.

Examine your own body and you will see all the circled areas need to give way or change shapes inorder to do a cross leg posture. (I am talking about the thigh against thigh cross leg. Angle on knee cross leg is not difficult)

Therefore, it is NOT possible for action figures to have this posture even extending the hip joint wouldn't work (Simple and Easy body has hip joint extensions just like SHF and Mafex).

This is why there are statues.

Either you do it right or don't do it at all. The only way to have a non Toyish and natural looking cross leg posture is statue.

We can make the lower part of the body as One piece to make this natural.

Then we are doing hybrid like HT super posing figures that they had years ago.

Action figures have limitation. Expecting anything beyond the limitation is unrealistic. Only statue can satisfy your expectation.

I don't think I missed anything but the Nemesis Uniform suggestion mentioned else where in the thread.

Screenshot_20210911-074201_Gallery.jpg

While I do understand that this is a challenge given what you can do with a body, I also realize that every single captain is sitting mainly crossed legs.
That would require a body with hip flexors that I’ve never seen in 1/6. You can approximate but to have that close-legged leg cross...I don’t see how that’s possible.

Don't you think we are doing exceptionally well in shipping comparing to other direct sales companies? I think so.
As far as what you can control absolutely. Mine is still on the water according to tracking but it was shipped out on the 30th which was very prompt.

Starting to think I’ll get Janeway before I even get Data from BBTS. Def ordering direct from now on!

I'm sure Worf will be made to match these in the DS9 line. I don't see how Nanjin wouldn't make him.

As far as making some in a Nemesis line: The only issue is that all the remaining characters - Riker, Geordi, Troi, Crusher - look pretty different between FC and Nemesis. Riker and Crusher aged - a LOT. Troi's hair (wig ;) ) is completely different, as is Crusher's - short blonde back to long redhead. Geordi grew a goatee after FC. Maybe if they come with two headsculpts it could work?

Of all the Star Trek spacesuits, the FC version was my favorite. Worf could come with a mek'leth, that funky zero-g rifle, and a borg arm to wrap around his leg!

Funny, my Picard took a different path - I wonder if it's based on location? Mine is still in Shenzhen, waiting "on a space on airline #3". Also shipped on the 30th.

Yeah I never expected that to be possible (just like you unfortunately still can't get figures to pull off a crossed arms pose).

But hopefully we'll at least be able to sit him with the legs a bit closer together like in the shot below. Or would be able to make some mods ourselves to allow it.

firstcontacthd2191.jpg

Will EXO-6 do a second batch of Data and/or Picard? These are probably the two most important main characters in the TNG series and I think a lot of people might not bother getting new figures without these two in their collection.

Anyone have info on this?

Got Picard in the mail. Overall very pleased. Package arrived in great shape. Like the corner protectors being added, and also the backing to the tray to make it less flimsy.

Picard himself looks fantastic. Swapped out the jacket for the vest right away.

One small problem though- my tricorder pouch is missing the magnet. Nanjin, is there any way I can get a replacement? I guess I could probably just use the one from my other Picard figure.

E3C2546F-1F71-448D-A34D-2613F57E5028.jpeg

Last edited:
Back