exclusive or regular figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, to put it simply people lose interest as time goes on. With other things coming out or tastes changing people aren't going to clamour over the same things as much as they did around the time it's released. On top of that 3000 is still a fairly large number and so many folks buy things to sell later or save hoping they'll go up in value. In other words these things aren't scarce. It's extremely similar to the comic book fiasco in the early 90's.

good point mando, guess then thats why they are collectibles and not "investibles".Guess i am just trying to justify to myself why i am spending alot of money per month in purchasing one figure!

I think you better take another look my friend. Exclusives are going for alot more than regular editions.

Ok, I haven't looked on ebay in a while but last I saw you could get them all (except Jedi Luke Ex.) for less than retail.

Obviously go for the exclusive when Sideshow puts them up for order, but on the aftermarket only go for it if you can find a good deal and it is a must accessory for the item. It can get too pricey otherwise.

If the exclusive is an interesting item, I try getting the exclusive. Otherwise I get the regular - shipping directly from SS is a pain in the a$$ for the Europeans...

Obviously go for the exclusive when Sideshow puts them up for order, but on the aftermarket only go for it if you can find a good deal and it is a must accessory for the item. It can get too pricey otherwise.

This is what I've been doing. I only started last summer, so I had a lot of catching up to do. I pretty much only got the regulars for all the stuff I missed and I've been getting only the exclusives now as they come up.

I always go for the exclusive. It gives me something not everyone with the figure has. Maybe something very kewl or just something neat to have. It could go up or down in value, but I don't care.

In rare cases, figures with the exlusives garner considerably more cash than the regular versions, but in most, they fetch a modest $10 more than the regular edition and of all the pieces, they seem to hold their value (I have yet to see an Ex go below $50). That said, if you could care less about the financial aspect, I guess it's up to you to determine whether or not the exclusive is worth the extra money buying straight from Sideshow. Personally, I prefer to do so anyway as the extra $10 or so per figure you're gonna pay buying straight from them is worth their unbeatable customer service. So with me, since I'm buying from them anyway, I just pick up the exclusives.

The one exclusive I am glad to have coming to me is Vader. But it's more because of the edition size and not what he comes with.

The question is though, if you have arrived into the collection late like me and cannot buy directly from ss and have to go on ebay etc,at what point do you say NO that exclusive is far too much. They are going for somewhat double the regular edition on some cases, and what is a fair price for exc star wars figures?

I know its a case of how long is a piece of rope but be interested in peoples thoughts!

The question is though, if you have arrived into the collection late like me and cannot buy directly from ss and have to go on ebay etc,at what point do you say NO that exclusive is far too much. They are going for somewhat double the regular edition on some cases, and what is a fair price for exc star wars figures?

I know its a case of how long is a piece of rope but be interested in peoples thoughts!

I got into the game late and found it pretty easy to get all the exclusives (without having to ebay more than 1 or 2) especially with the way quite a few are selling their collections off for unfortunate circumstances.

If I were you, I'd poke around in the commerce section's "Want to Sell" thread. Find something you like, do a price match on ebaY and if it looks better, pricewise than the one on ebaY (which about 80% of the time it will), make the seller an offer via PM.

Back