Exclusive Doom is now 500 edition size

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re:

Guess I'm in the minority here, but I think SS did the right thing by uping the ES to accomodate SDCC fans. I mean it's only 200 more. And I think it's more about screwing up and underestimating demand for this product. They should have known...it's DOOM. Of couse, if there is a non-Exclusive version eventually for sale, then, yeah, SS should have let them order that version only, IMHO. Remeber, SS didn't have to put DOOM up for pre order before SDCC. In previous years, I think they took orders from ComicCon first and then put their new products up for sale after the Con.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry Gorthaur but SS has always taken orders during the SDCC. They have never taken orders at the Con "first."

Bonehead,

I know they've always taken orders at Cons. My point was that usually they didn't put those same items up for pre order on their web site until After the Con. Kinda like giving Con participants first chance at the new products.

At least this is what I was told a few years ago when I tried to order something and was told it was already pre sold out. I asked how it could be if it was just posted to their web site and was told it was sold out during SDCC, much to my disappointment.

So, I think it's great that they let their NL subscribers pre order items Before the Con. Hence, if they make a mistake on estimating the demand and want to up the ES so their Con fans can get it, I say "way to take care of your Con fans, SS".

Cheers!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To me its seems SS has "Soldout", with this news and the news that Faramir wasn't made because he wouldn't sell well just means SS is more interested in the dollar then the "fans".

And the prices keep rising. I'm glad LOTR is over because I'm done. Who can afford any of the new Predator, Legend or Star wars bust, its crazy and over-priced.

They totally messed this one up, I guess they can't count.

I really dont understand how this could happen. EVERYTHING is connected through the computer. So Sideshow should have had either orders done on laptops. Or had a set amount set aside at SDCC. I preordered Doom with a set ES 350. I figured with the low number it was worth my $325. But now Im not so sure....

Still think its MEGA sweet. But I feel kinda jipped into preordering for no good reason. Fantastic job all around once again.

Shawn

Im mixed on this one myself (it's still a awesome piece!) but yea if you add more to the edition size the price should go down.

As for pre ordering before the Con, that didnt happen the link was given out during the SDCC chat. So we were all given a chance at the same time. Are you talking about the Con exclusives being sold out at the con? That makese sense but a regular release sold out totally before being placed on the website I havent seen or heard of.

The Doom manoeuvre

The more I think about this the more angry I get, no this is not the Hulk talking. SS where going to release a regular edition of this anyway. Why the increase in the exclusive run? Was the exclusive piece displayed at SDCC? I am reluctant to cancel the piece because I love it but I could cancel a whole lot of other pieces from SS that I could live without.

The very least SS can do is give the first three hundred people who ordered a discount.

Re: The Doom manoeuvre

Its not the end of the world people. This happened to the Ringwraith on Steed aswell. And I didnt see anyone complaining when they got the thing in their house at all. They oversold. They just upped it a tad not to disappoint those 150 other people they sold it to. Or would you rather have them sending you a note saying, sorry we cant sell you one because we oversold a couple and we just so happened to pick you out not to get one? Stop complaining already. And a discount?? Seriously??

It is the end of the world!!! But anyway I wouldnt cancel this piece for a second, this is going to be amazing. From what every one was saying this is so far the best Marvel 1/4 yet and I do believe it was a honest mistake. It would be nice if the price was lowered a little to make up for it but either way Im keeping this bad boy. This is going to be a display center for me because it ROCKS!!!:rock

I also think it is total BS, I would have understood it if there was a major diffrence between the Exclusice and the regular edtion, but there isn't. All you get with the exclusive is a small colum with a chalice on it, wooptee-do. So sideshow is saying that everyone just has to have this colum and chalice? I don't think so.

Considering that Sideshow oversold by 150 pieces, how do the people that are complaining know if they weren't in that oversold group? You may have been in that group of people that lost out on the exclusive.

If it bothers you so much about the exclusive and you still want the piece then pay $25 less and get the regular edition.

Or cancel the piece entirely.

I still don't think it's a big deal. If they had done this 6 months from now just when the piece came out, that's a different story. Sideshow didn't take your money, so it's up to you to make a decision.

In the 70s and 80's, I collected limited edition signed and numbered comic book art portfolios and books. When these items went up for order, the edition size was set and that was that. I've never understood Sideshow's ES TBD marketing. Well, actually I do but, I've never agreed with it.

As B Electronic mentioned, it has happened before. Another example: The original color Vampyre started out at 350 pieces and the ES was later adjusted to 700.

Personally, I don't care what the ES is. I buy for fun, not for investment. But, upping the ES because demand is outweighing the supply is just plain wrong. And as others have opined, not too far from bait and switch tactics.

As lcummins pointed out in another thread, once the exclusive sold out, customers on the con floor should have been directed to the non-exclusive version.

But hey, we can always cancel if we're that disgruntled. ;)

bof2.jpg

Frankenfan, I agree with what you're saying. I just think that if Sideshow isn't taking your money they have every right to up edition sizes if demand is there. Like you said, you can always cancel.

Who knows when you or I could be the lucky one that gets in on an item they wanted after it had sold out.

Chris has just confirmed in chat that they did accidently oversell.............& that he is gonna try a suggest that the first 300 get something extra :clap :clap :clap

Re

Chris has just confirmed in chat that they did accidently oversell.............& that he is gonna try a suggest that the first 300 get something extra :clap :clap :clap

I'm sure SS will throw in a keychain for your trouble.

:lol

Re: Re

Well just making the effort says alot.

I have to admit after hearing Chris explain the circumstances, I can undertand. I like most others I believe figured SS did on site orders through a computer, but that turns out not to be the case. All on-site orders were paper orders, so it is very easy for me to see how the piece could get oversold very quickly. At least they caught the mistake and fixed it before it got way over the top.

I figure this should show us too why the TBD ES can be so much better on preorders.

But then again, I'm one of those strange people that think you should order a product because you like it, not for a low ES or resale value. Go figure :p

Re: Re

Frankenfan, I agree with what you're saying. I just think that if Sideshow isn't taking your money they have every right to up edition sizes if demand is there.
Morgan: I don't mean to be argumentative but, they are taking my money for an item advertised at a specific ES, and then upping the piece count.

That's just not right. :)

tol.jpg

Back