Evilbay ruined everything

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Previously ebay was pretty neutral with both buyer & sellers.

Now seller can't leave negative to buyers, and most claims are biased towards the buyer.

ebay doesn't understand that sellers are their main customers not buyers.

so they cut down lost by sucking the sellers more, more sellers leave ebay for alternatives, they have to suck even more while biasing the buyers, so what left are scalpers with 5 times profit that doesn't mind.

but still there are other more gullible sellers that sells non-hyped stuffs off ebay, like, erm, baseball cards?

Little competition = monopoly = more profit.

I'd say its the opposite actually. They've got competition from free selling websites (GumTree here in Australia is a good exmaple) and people are using Facebook more and more to sell direct to each other.

As a buyer I have confidence in ebay, as a seller I don't.

Yeah selling thru ebay makes me nervous man, especially selling figures/statues coz you never know if you're gonna get an email from THAT guy. You know the guy who ****ing looks at the fig you just sold him with a ****ing electron microscope, finds several 'nicks' or 'imperfections' that weren't there in your listing (given that you weren't able to use the Hadron Collider to examine this fig) and says he needs a partial refund or he'll be starting a claim with ebay.

**** that guy.

Last time when ebay was just an online marketplace offering small time sellers with affordable fees & commissions, things were pretty great.

You can find people willing to let go of stuffs at below market or retail price.

But every year passby, ebay grows bigger & bigger, now the cost of listing an item up to the point you finally sold the item could sometimes cost more than the items themselves, and 10-20% of the price you sold goes to ebay.

This makes things difficult for part time sellers & people who just want to get rid of their stuffs. As result less seller sell stuff online and those that do will raise the price just to cover the high cost of selling on ebay. This encourage scalpers to list their scalped stuffs even at higher price and they don't care if the item can't sell for 2 years because they are expecting like 500% profit.

This is a really unhealthy situation and things will just get even worse as companies start to realize the popularity of selling limited items to boost profit & publicity.

Even though ebay was one of the first to introduce mass people to online market, it's pretty much sucking both the sellers & buyers now. If only other online marketplace is more international friendly.

Well, there isn't a whole lot you can do about it, Tater. :dunno

I'd say its the opposite actually. They've got competition from free selling websites (GumTree here in Australia is a good exmaple) and people are using Facebook more and more to sell direct to each other.

Yeah selling thru ebay makes me nervous man, especially selling figures/statues coz you never know if you're gonna get an email from THAT guy. You know the guy who ****ing looks at the fig you just sold him with a ****ing electron microscope, finds several 'nicks' or 'imperfections' that weren't there in your listing (given that you weren't able to use the Hadron Collider to examine this fig) and says he needs a partial refund or he'll be starting a claim with ebay.

**** that guy.

I hear ya man. Preach it!!!

As a buyer, I love evilbay and quite honestly I've been having a lot of incentive emails saying sell stuff, with give ya $25 or sell stuff we give ya free listings. BS... But I say I love it because ya know as a buyer the most enjoyable thing I find on there is when I'm bidding and I win by a penny. :lol

I don't sell on ebay much, any more, because of not only the prices Ebay and Paypal charge, but also because Ebay goes too far to protect buyers. And the buyers are far too frequently jerks.

When the time comes, I may list more stuff on Ebay. But I do so knowing that I will get raked over the coals for doing so and that I will have to deal with the entitlist buyers. I will decide at the appropraite time if I am willing to accept that.

Edit - I am happy to buy on Ebay, though, because Ebay goes too far to protect the buyers.

As a buyer, I love evilbay and quite honestly I've been having a lot of incentive emails saying sell stuff, with give ya $25 or sell stuff we give ya free listings. BS... But I say I love it because ya know as a buyer the most enjoyable thing I find on there is when I'm bidding and I win by a penny. :lol

I get those ebay emails all the time too

Just had a buyer complain about the fedex tracking not updating fast enough and said I should use USPS...

ROFL

I have never had a good experience with FedEx. Everytime FedEx was used it was a nightmare to get my items.
I seriously would only deal with FedEx Only If they were the only company available.

I don't sell on ebay much, any more, because of not only the prices Ebay and Paypal charge, but also because Ebay goes too far to protect buyers. And the buyers are far too frequently jerks.

Really, it's that bad now? Probably why fees have gone up, sellers just stop selling due to all the buyer bs?

I get those ebay emails all the time too

Are most of those even legit?

I have never had a good experience with FedEx. Everytime FedEx was used it was a nightmare to get my items.
I seriously would only deal with FedEx Only If they were the only company available.

I ship a few items a week with Fedex and it has been good for the most part... one insurance claim did not go through that pissed me off though but I have had other claims go through.
UPS, USPS and Fedex have all given me problems... I shipped $60k worth of stuff last year when I sold my star wars collection...
so now I just go with the cheapest which is usually fedex... You have to pack the stuff well so it can be kicked around or all bets are off...
If it is somesthing really expensive that can easily break... then I think more about it... for example the Y-wing ($3k item) was shipped USPS express mail next day service.
I figured usps handles smaller packages so less chance of it being crushed by something huge...

I ship a few items a week with Fedex and it has been good for the most part... one insurance claim did not go through that pissed me off though but I have had other claims go through.
UPS, USPS and Fedex have all given me problems... I shipped $60k worth of stuff last year when I sold my star wars collection...
so now I just go with the cheapest which is usually fedex... You have to pack the stuff well so it can be kicked around or all bets are off...
If it is somesthing really expensive that can easily break... then I think more about it... for example the Y-wing ($3k item) was shipped USPS express mail next day service.
I figured usps handles smaller packages so less chance of it being crushed by something huge...

Is FedEx the cheapest way? out of all 3?

Tonight I'm gonna make some chicken and potatoes, ooh child. then I'm gonna smother them in gravy o lawd!
paula-deen-y-all-o.gif

Is FedEx the cheapest way? out of all 3?

yeah Usually I find it to be the cheapest after adding the tracking and insurance and it's the most convenient to me because I can drop of stuff late night at kinkos and the lines aren't as long.

Back