Evil Incarnate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 3R AH figure has the most accurate costuming of any version I've had. The mustard brown uniform isn't a rehash of Bitman. The only unmodified carryovers from DiD's Bitman are the belt, shirt and tie. The uniform itself and cap are significantly altered and improved, and the boots are officers type riding boots which you'll find on several DiD figures and are acceptable for the figure. I would have liked to have had Bitman's shiny marching boots more, but this is fine.
The gray wartime uniform is also largely new although it shares components with some earlier DiD releases. Mostly well done with some worthwhile and thoughtful additions like the Fuerer's cane and silly little sunglasses. But one item left me scratching my head, the slippers. I accept the shoe style as plausible unlike some reviews I've read, but the hobnail soles are ridiculous. I guess it's not something you'll see very often, but it's silly for this shoe.
As far as the headsculpts, they aren't very good. The faces are very slim, both the shouting and the closed mouth head, and completely ruin the likeness. The sculpt by Eric Nickles for Drastic Plastic as well as the ITPT and "Resin From the Grave" sculpts are infinitely superior. The body is also too tall for the "little sign painter". I'm guessing unlike some of the other manufacturers DiD, err, I mean 3R, only has the one body height right now. I replaced my figures body with DML shorties. Looks much better with my other figures now.
Overall not a bad figure set and a decent value for an unusual subject. If you can get an Eric Nickles or ITPT sculpt you can make it about as good as you'd ever need it to be. For those inclined to have the Chancellor it's the best set so far offered. I collect political and ceremonial subjects as well as combat ones and AH looks pretty good with the rest of my black uniform "bad nazi's". Personally I think they were all bad but the black Algemaine type figures seem to bother people more. Whatever. They all sucked.

Hi Albrecht, how are you doing these days? You need to visit www.sixtharmygroup.com and join some of the rest of the old crowd. I only see you posting here nowadays. It seems like your doing more Sci Fi and less military, but you still get some eye candy posted at SAG that's worth checking out. And we do have a "Halloween Bash" that's definately up your alley. Drop by.
By the way, did you get "The Chancellor"? I know this stuff isn't ordinarilly your thing but it is an interesting figure. Got some good parts for other fantasy type bashes, too. I have plans for a "Lil Nicky" Hitler that should be amusing. Wish I'd gotten one of those Harvey Keitel dolls now.

metaphorge said:
Did this bastard ever wear the grayish green tunic with black riding pants/jackboots, or was that top only with dress slacks and shoes?
During the war Hitler wore pretty much the outfit he comes with, feldgrau jacket and black trousers. He had formal wear, civilian clothing which would never have been worn publicly, and a tropical white version of the double breasted jacket, but that's mostly what I'm aware of.

metaphorge said:
Did this bastard ever wear the grayish green tunic with black riding pants/jackboots, or was that top only with dress slacks and shoes?

You should see the film DOWNFALL.

Hey Charles!
Good to see ya!

Yeah, I'm mostly wasting my hard earned money on Colonial Marines, aliens and Star Wars dollies nowadays...
Haven't bought an honest to god soldier in a long time!
But I'm slowly updating my collection, comisioning repaints and getting newer gear for some of the oldies.
Interestingly enough I went all retro with old Hans and put all of his original gear back on him. He looks fantastic! Not so much a miniature replica as today's offerings have become (especially in the hands of talented customizers), but a toy with delusions of grandeur! I'm very happy that I did keep all of Hans' original gear...
I do drop by the sixth div every now and then, but haven't seen much of the old crowd, I'll look into the SAG.

Back