EU Wharehouse closing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guys you are complaining about 27 euros differnce...in the case of legolas pf i have to pay 76 euros vat+taxes plus 100 euros to fedex for the assistance..

Is FedEx really crap for handling things? I've had two deliveries recently that take ridiculously long granted it's not related to this but it was for hard drives. The packages have been kicked about like something rotten the box nearly falls apart as soon as you touch it. Twice the hard drives were faulty because the amount of knocks bumps it's had on it's journey.

FedEx has been a huge disappointment to me. I hope to god none of my figures arrive like this or I'll be all pissy.

Sadly this sums up the quality of service one should expect the majority of time.

guys you are complaining about 27 euros differnce...in the case of legolas pf i have to pay 76 euros vat+taxes plus 100 euros to fedex for the assistance..

That's relevant you know. 26 euro extra for a 12" figure for instance IS a big deal, especially if you buy a vast number of 12" figures over the year. But let's focus on the principal thing: SSC's recent changes are a set back to most of us. Let this thread be the place where people can share the way they deal with it. Although I (and others) have already drawn conclusions, I still think this is a great way to pass on valuable information.

That's relevant you know. 26 euro extra for a 12" figure for instance IS a big deal, especially if you buy a vast number of 12" figures over the year. But let's focus on the principal thing: SSC's recent changes are a set back to most of us. Let this thread be the place where people can share the way they deal with it. Although I (and others) have already drawn conclusions, I still think this is a great way to pass on valuable information.

exactly- 22£ - which is what fedex billed me for the AOTC clone is nearly a third of its cost- and as for you PF collectors that percentage is gotta hurt you!!

FP and FPI and play must be kissing the ground cos sodeshow have seriously shot themselves in the foot with this... i would much rather buy direct but i cant accept paying lots extra for no good reason.

Actually, i don't quite understand how Fedex calculate the TVA :

Last week, i received Venom Comiquette : 303.48 USD (total with shipping), i only have to pay 29,6 Euros (i don't remember the details, but 10 euros of Fedex Fee for sure)

Mystique Comiquette : 210.23 USD (total with shipping), i have to pay 40,96 Euros (29 Euros Import tax, 10 Euros Fedex Fee and and another VAT things)

Do you guys think, depends on what Sideshow marked on the shipping notice, it will change the import taxes ?

Or did i just get lucky they miscalculated the Venom Import Tax (which i found nearly impossible since it was machine calculated) ?

Nope, I think it depends on customs. Customs are bypassing the SS marked taric code and applying a new code. Some custom officers apply one, others apply another one, I´ve seen fees+vat for legolas ranging from 33 EUR to 79EUR, depending on the taric code applied (toy, piece of art, etc).

In EU SS statues are not pieces of art or collectables, SS should change this because SS pieces are not 9703.0000. To be considered as collectable pieces they shouldn´t be mass-produced. So please SS apply another taric code to our statues so customs don´t consider them as toys, avoiding box-opening for inspection. Toys are checked to prove they are not hazardous for kids, and they apply another fee for that service

FP for the regulars ? Cant say Forbidden Planet and the words regular, reliable or consistent actually go together, only if it was my last resort would I return to buying from FP

Play.com are slightly better but only slightly

They charge you VAT on the shipping also

They charge you VAT even on the customs fee

Just got an out-of-the-blue processing mail for Donatello Excl. and shipping is $63.36 :mad: Cheaper shipping, my ass! That's more then had it been from the EU warehouse.

I want to keep collecting but with these higher shipping costs and customs and all that ____, i'm less excited about collecting.

Just got an out-of-the-blue processing mail for Donatello Excl. and shipping is $63.36 :mad: Cheaper shipping, my ass! That's more then had it been from the EU warehouse.

I want to keep collecting but with these higher shipping costs and customs and all that ____, i'm less excited about collecting.
Understandable. There are other sources to buy from. I'm sure the regular is equally nice.

Nope, I think it depends on customs. Customs are bypassing the SS marked taric code and applying a new code. Some custom officers apply one, others apply another one, I´ve seen fees+vat for legolas ranging from 33 EUR to 79EUR, depending on the taric code applied (toy, piece of art, etc).

In EU SS statues are not pieces of art or collectables, SS should change this because SS pieces are not 9703.0000. To be considered as collectable pieces they shouldn´t be mass-produced. So please SS apply another taric code to our statues so customs don´t consider them as toys, avoiding box-opening for inspection. Toys are checked to prove they are not hazardous for kids, and they apply another fee for that service

i agree.we should at least prevent not to be inspected.

I just got the same processing mail for the Donatello Excl.

So for anyone in the UK that hasn't received the notice yet, this is the set up:

Item arrival: 20 days
Order #: XXXXXX
Item name: Donatello - excl switch out he...
Quantity: 1
Item total: US$ 199.99
Ship cost: US$ 40.62*
Total: US$ 240.61*

Shell
x :peace

Just had an email saying they are going to be processing Maestro Hulk on the 15th but no shipping costs on this email, i thought they were going to be sending shipping quotes with these emails so we had time to cancel?

Jay if you are in the UK and don't want it I'll take it off your hands

Oh i want it i'm getting them all, but it would be nice to know shipping before it's too late. I'm thinking it won't be more that $45 for this so not too bad.

Planet Hulk should be about to ship as well seeing as people have already got them from Bowen! :rock

Back