EU Wharehouse closing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:horror is this for real? :horror if it is then OMG!!!

God damn ££££ grabbing government... :cuss

Sadly it looks like it's true as more papers are reporting it, it's to raise money to pay off the billions labour borrowed.

Sadly it looks like it's true as more papers are reporting it, it's to raise money to pay off the billions labour borrowed.

Thanks DZ.

Thats it I've had enough of the UK and the money grabbing labour government and there rip off fuel prices and increased tax rates etc etc etc.... :cuss :tap :banghead

.now I'm grumpy :rolleyes: :D

(time to start searching for a job/career in USA I think...)

Forbidden Planet have put Venom up £40 and Iron Man has gone up nearly £100 in the last week [I was going to get the IronMan battle damaged but not at the new price], I think their preparing for the increases that will around when they get certain pieces, if your not afteer EX's i'd hurry and pre-order now.

The situation with customs in Spain is becoming annoying

SSC items are labeled as TARIC CODE 9703.00.00.00 by SSC itself, that´s Imported works of art, antiques and collectors’ pieces; but Spanish customs say SSC statues are not collector pieces and they consider them as toys so they apply another taric, even when SS labels it as collector piece. Even worse when a toy is made in China you must write a letter to avoid the SOIVRE inspection, I don´t know the meaning of this acronym but if they consider they have to check the package and open it, through SOIVRE, they are going to fee you again.

I´m considering again canceling all my pending orders.

SSC items are labeled as TARIC CODE 9703.00.00.00 by SSC itself, that´s Imported works of art, antiques and collectors’ pieces; but Spanish customs say SSC statues are not collector pieces and they consider them as toys so they apply another taric, even when SS labels it as collector piece. Even worse when a toy is made in China you must write a letter to avoid the SOIVRE inspection, I don´t know the meaning of this acronym but if they consider they have to check the package and open it, through SOIVRE, they are going to fee you again.

did they open a package of you??how much is this fee??

Tell SSC about this. Maybe they can arrange something to avoid this for every Spanish customer in the future?

Tell SSC about this. Maybe they can arrange something to avoid this for every Spanish customer in the future?

It´s not my case right now, maybe my case soon because I´ve got the Legolas PF order pending; it´s the case of another person in a spanish board. I just posted it here because I know Chicky wanted to be aware of all the FEDex "problems", I just wanted to keep her informed.

It´s not my case right now, maybe my case soon because I´ve got the Legolas PF order pending; it´s the case of another person in a spanish board. I just posted it here because I know Chicky wanted to be aware of all the FEDex "problems", I just wanted to keep her informed.

Please have them email the EU dept with the exact info, as the boards are definitely not the best place to have anyone 'in power' see it. I do my best to pass things along, but it's ALWAYS best to contact someone at headquarters with the info! :duff

This is the same in in france, collector have a 5.5% VAT normally, but you can't do anything as antiques and collector is for 100 years old piece here.
Sideshow can't do anything too.

But sometimes they make a mistake and apply 5.5% VAT for few lucky guys.
All sideshow items are 19.6% VAT here, but only few have duty (for example all toys and dolls are 4.7% but only if package is more than 150€ value).
And all have 11€96 fedex fees at least.
Sideshow have good price shipping but with VAT and fedex fees it cost more than before and more than local retailer (but the difference between sideshow and local retailer depend on each item and you can simulate final price as sideshow send you a notice before charge your card).
(that's why I suggested to sideshow to do something with reward point).

I started a thread for French collector to explain all (like fedex fees and items which have duty or not) but not finished:
https://fana-collec.forumactif.com/sideshow-et-weta-f7/commande-sideshow-facturation-et-frais-fedex-t11651.htm

I think this is the same for spain (perhaps not but this is just to explain)

Last edited:
Dusty on helpdesk page, is it possible for Sideshow team to add all TARIC code and TARIC designation with product type.

It will help to know duty rates before and not wait a customer receive a product to see each TARIC code by product.
I think this is easy to do and will help a lot.
Thanks ;)

Last edited:
Please have them email the EU dept with the exact info, as the boards are definitely not the best place to have anyone 'in power' see it. I do my best to pass things along, but it's ALWAYS best to contact someone at headquarters with the info! :duff

Thanks Dusty, it seems spanish customs are morons, they insist sideshow products are toys, ignoring taric code, and they'll open the box, take the foam out, inspect the product and then close it, so probably when it arrives to my house it will be broken in most cases. Customs broke the Iron Man bust of one collector´s friend because they didn´t put the foam back after inspection.

My legolas is on transit to destiny so I will mail all the info when it arrives.

SOIVRE inspection is another 15-20€ = $22 $35, so with the EU Warehouse closing, Legolas PF is going to be $35 more expensive than before, i guess.

Akanmorg, the real problem is not the vat, 7% vs 16%, the real problem is the Soivre inspection, more fees and product damaged

Last edited:
Back