EU buyers banned from buying merchandise from the US?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A-1188

Super Freak
Reaction score
Is it true a new form of legislation has been introduced by the American government banning EU buyers buying from the US through Ebay, Amazon, etc...?

Is this true? I'm glad to see something is happening to rebuild the economy, but how is this going to help?

We need jobs created in the US...and not outside to Asia or India...

Is it true a new form of legislation has been introduced by the American government banning EU buyers buying from the US through Ebay, Amazon, etc...?

Damn, really?

I tried to buy some stuff at ebay from the states.. they told me "no chance"...
:(

Have bought a few things a few days ago so np, if this is true when did this legislation come into force ?

Im guessing that it hasnt come into force as we'd have heard something on the news

Amazon has always had a crap international policy as far as I can tell for purchasing goods

Which makes me laugh, as I spend quite a bit, you yanks dont want my money lol

Ill give it to the Canadians and the Asians and the rest of the sane world

Last edited:
This is an email I got from my local retailer who also happens to be a wholesaler:

We have just been informed by our shippers Geo-Dis Wilson, that with immediate effect the US government will stop all merchandise bought off Ebay, Amazon and other similar sites that are to be shipped out of the USA unless they are accompanied by an invoice and a registered company can be reached. All merchandise that cannot be traced in this way must be sent via "All Cargo Aircraft" leading to packages being grounded, taking longer to arrive and costing more. Furthermore the TSA reserve the right to open all packages for security measures.

Have bought a few things a few days ago what dat if this is true did this legislation come into force ?

Im guessing that it hasnt come into force as we'd have heard something on the news

They said something like end of February. Anyways this is all ridiculous. The US government is nuts.

I hope the realise Australia isn't part of the EU. I bet they don't. I'm throwing my support behind teemu. I hope I get my list of allowable purchases from the government in the mail this week. I'm really hanging out for some potatoes.

Next it will be banning buying stuff from the EU or them other parts of the world outside of America.

I heard on the radio that the "buy US" clause will be soften a little in fear of a trade war so this may change.

I hope so...I mean when I buy something from someone in the US I am giving money to a US business...thats the idea right? to bring in custom and trade?

I'm wondering if maybe this has anything to do when you sell an item on Ebay to someone internationally, and mark it "gift." Is this an attempt to stop that practice.

I only say this because of the previously mentioned "accompanying invoice" requirement.

I'm wondering if maybe this has anything to do when you sell an item on Ebay to someone internationally, and mark it "gift." Is this an attempt to stop that practice.

I only say this because of the previously mentioned "accompanying invoice" requirement.

Funny thing is, even the postal employees will say to mark international stuff as gifts.

And they were marked as Shipping Worldwide?

yes.
BUT know I looked around at ebay and asked some sellers..I asked them how about "EU buyers banned from buying merchandise from the US?" and they wrote...
"shipping to germany/buying from europe? never heared of banned buyers from europe... delivery/selling....sure, no problem...."

:confused:

I'll just write the "accompanying invoice" as a gift.

Funny thing is, even the postal employees will say to mark international stuff as gifts.

Had that happen nearly every time I shipped internationally. I even had a Toybiz Peter Jackson Hobbit figure (LOTR fans will know which one I Mean) that I got for 30.00 shipped from Italy (on an american card) that was marked as a gift coming to me.

Customs still cut the package open to check it and cut the hell out of the bubble on a perfect card in the process.

I was mad...the figure was at 75.00 when I went to get another.

Back