Estel's 12" Amon-Hen Aragorn (with video!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You customizers are getting ridiculous, in a good way. GREAT JOB !!!! Love the tailoring.

Thanks Estel for your face tutorial and info, as I am repainting several Aragorns right now, and the problems I have had, you have addressed!
I may take minor liberties to correct these flaws and finish those. Owner's permitting of course...

Great stuff!

Thanks Estel for your face tutorial and info, as I am repainting several Aragorns right now, and the problems I have had, you have addressed!
I may take minor liberties to correct these flaws and finish those. Owner's permitting of course...

Great stuff!

:monkey5 I want to see I want to see!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alrighty, all Pm's replied.
Thanks for all the replies! I think I'm up to about 7 people right now.
To be sure, would the people who expressed their interest in this thread, but didn't sent a pm, please send me one. :chew

To answer someone's question about the cloak, it's just the Sideshow one, but with a custom elven brooch.

Very nicely done. Now if SS had just added this outfit along with what has been put out and if someone would start a Sideshow Accessories store to get these goodies out to us en masse. The shirt is ace mate, a real work of art.

Again, very nice weathering, tailoring and detail work.

Last edited:
I didn't read through the entire thread but I'd love two of those shirts! One weathered like you have it and one un-weathered. It looks simply fantastic.

I'm interested in one, too. Ofcoarse I have to know the cost.

Alright people, I think we're up to 10 right now. So I'm closing the requests for the first batch. People who didn't PM me (but expressed their interest in this thread), don't worry, I've included you in the count. But please do drop a PM if you haven't already, so I can make sure everyone's included.

I'll be making a new prototype version today, with some minor improvements so I'll be able to show that as reference. On my figure, the shirt was pretty tight to put on to the body, so I think I'm going with velcro on one side of the shirt to make it a lot easier for you guys to put on and prevent any possible tears. Plus, it'll still look tightely tailored on the body, no need to make it wider.

Someone expressed their interest in two versions of the shirt. It's something I'm interested in too. Right now I'm thinking to offer three versions:

-Heavily weathered version (the one seen in my pictures). This is the one with the piece of cloth wrapped around the right arm and the blood coming from a cut just above this piece of cloth. This shirt works well for a post-battle Aragorn with Boromir's vambraces on. But, you can also take of the piece of cloth and make it a 'mid-battle' Aragorn, think fighting Lurtz.

-Normally weathered version. This one futures a bit less dirt than the previous version, but still looks nice and old. This one works best for scenes just before the battle (Aragorn/Frodo confrontation). This one doesn't have the cut on the arm, nor the piece of cloth.

-Non-weathered version. Name says it all. Slight weathering, no dirt. Just colourized to match the on screen colour.

The first two versions, as of now, will have the same price. The non-weathered version might be just slightely cheaper.

Let me know!:chew

excellent work estel. I'm curious...how did you do the smocking on the shirt sleeves? Its hard to tell from the photographs. Is that piece a different type of material? or did you use a gathering stitch with the same linen?

excellent work estel. I'm curious...how did you do the smocking on the shirt sleeves? Its hard to tell from the photographs. Is that piece a different type of material? or did you use a gathering stitch with the same linen?

Thanks for the compliment. You did some excellent work on the PF Aragorn yourself! As for the smocking, I tried to use a gathering stitch at first, but it just came out looking to big and unnatural in this scale. So for this figure I went with a very nice looking synthetic, almost wool-like, material which has a small cross-pattern to it.

I knew that the original smocking was inlayed with a sort of golden 'knobs', about 8 a row (and there are a lot of these rows!). That would be hard in this scale, but I did add a few to the material, creating the smocking illusion (especially when viewed from a distance).

I also didn't forget about the crossed yoke pattern near the shoulder. It doesn't show in these pictures, but it's nice little detail I heard you also included on the PF.

I'll probably be finishing up the improved version tomorrow, so I'll take some shots for you before it's weathered.

Little update on the shirts. Price will most likely be up tomorrow and I'll make a list of the orders as received.

Few little pics to show you the new improved version of the shirt.

First up, a few pics of the shirt before any colouring and/or weathering. As you can see it has a velcro lining on the right.

uvs080308-001.jpg

uvs080308-002.jpg

And some pictures of a weathered one. This is the normally weathered version. And since I'm very happy with how this one turned out, it might just be the one I'll send out to the first person on the list. Light is coming from the left so it might make one sleeve look a little lighter.

uvs080308-004-1.jpg

uvs080308-006.jpg

uvs080308-007.jpg

With some of the original material as comparison:

uvs080308-005.jpg

Last edited:
Back