'Essence of' statues from Diamond Select

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obsidian7

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone else collect these?

About two years ago I was lucky to find a Buffy left in an online store, but now with the new SS statue lines I was thinking of not bothering hunting down the other sculpts in this line. Even maybe selling my Essence of Buffy on eBay, to help with funds for upcoming pieces I want.

I don't know now though, I was just looking at some old catalogue images online and I still think they are really cool pieces of Buffy memorabilia. What do you guys think? Does anyone have any in-hand pics they could post?

Anyone else collect these?

About two years ago I was lucky to find a Buffy left in an online store, but now with the new SS statue lines I was thinking of not bothering hunting down the other sculpts in this line. Even maybe selling my Essence of Buffy on eBay, to help with funds for upcoming pieces I want.

I don't know now though, I was just looking at some old catalogue images online and I still think they are really cool pieces of Buffy memorabilia. What do you guys think? Does anyone have any in-hand pics they could post?

I have the Buffy and the Willow. The Spike has been the one I can't find (at a reasonable price of course) .. I love these pieces

I used to own the Buffy piece from this line, and while I really liked it, it just didn't 'wow' me enough to keep it. With that said, I still think about picking one up again every once in a while, but the market is a bit too pricey for me at the moment.

That was the one were he's kicking a door in isn't it? Yes, I liked that one and It's a shame they never got to produce it. :(

I have the Essence of Willow but that's the only one. I'd like to collect all of them. If you're looking to sell Obisidian I'd be interested. If you do post it to ebay, let us know, because I would certainly bid on it.

I think if I'm able to get a red pants/alternate PF Buffy, I would be more comfortable with selling the Essence of Buffy statue. It's either that or try and hunt down the rest of the line. IheartBuffy, if I sell, I'll post it here first rather than eBay. I would like to see it go to a die hard Buffy fan that I know will look after it.

I like the new SS statues but when I look at the Buffy on Throne, I don't know, the face and hair sculpt is really, really off for me. I got it though to complete the line even though I think it's the weakest in terms of likeness. The detail in the throne though is amazing.

I still can't believe the four that came back into stock at SS went that quick. Back to eBay :(

Hi

I sent you a PM to know if you still have this statue for sale but I don't had any answers (maybe a problem with the forum), then I write here for more infos :)

I'm searching for this statue too, it's the last one missing to complete my collection (I already have Spike and Willow)

Hi

I sent you a PM to know if you still have this statue for sale but I don't had any answers (maybe a problem with the forum), then I write here for more infos :)

I'm searching for this statue too, it's the last one missing to complete my collection (I already have Spike and Willow)

Hi Joan,

I replied to the PM :)

Cheers

I just recently completed this collection by finally finding Spike. He seems to be the rarest of the bunch, not sure why. I really do like this line and wish they woulda continued it with Angel.....and maybe a few more characters especially Giles and Xander. Poor Giles and Xander always get the shaft.

I just recently completed this collection by finally finding Spike. He seems to be the rarest of the bunch, not sure why. I really do like this line and wish they woulda continued it with Angel.....and maybe a few more characters especially Giles and Xander. Poor Giles and Xander always get the shaft.

They do don't they. Did they not end up releasing Angel? I know a prototype was made, of him kicking a door down...

Yeah, they cancelled the Angel one, I guess the line didn't sell that well?

Poor Giles and Xander, I guess Willow was lucky they turned her into a witch, otherwise they probably wouldn't have made as many figures of her either.

They do don't they. Did they not end up releasing Angel? I know a prototype was made, of him kicking a door down...

dsc00050l.jpg

dsc00051er.jpg

dsc00052y.jpg

What a shame. He looked marvelous there.

I always thought that this line of statues suffered from very poor painting, the basic figure was good.:(

I really like the novelty lighting.:)

I wish it had been made, but then I wish we'd had a statue of Giles too. :(

that angel looked amazing... if anyone is looking to sell an Essence of buffy and spike, please let me know. been looking for a very long time.

Thanks Sue, that's the one. Yeah I always thought, for a smaller statue under 7" that the likeness on these was exceptional! (I actually think this looks more like Angel's face than Sideshow's recent statue haha) It's a shame that they never produced a line of the Angel, but also stops me from hunting one down :dunno

I only have the Essence of Buffy. The Willow seems to still be around at various resellers but Spike seems very hard, almost impossible to find now. Considering there's no Angel I may consider parting with my Essence of Buffy. I have all 5 statues from the recent line from Sideshow.

Back