Episode VIII has just been pushed back 7 months to Dec. 15, 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I think it is a combo of not trying to rush into production and the fact that the Christmas release worked soooo well.

IXLHQBG.gif

Sometimes more time is not a good thing.

I'd like to have a Star Wars summer at least once in this trilogy... but looks like Disney likes Christmas Star Wars.

Licencees must be delighted by the news. 5 months to market both Rogue One AND Episode VIII was gonna be a huge challenge.

I hope they use the extra time to make a better movie than the sub-par Star Wars remake that was TFA.

Sean

I'm getting tired of seeing this. Nothing in it is subpar, and I don't see it as a remake at all. A New Hope and Force Awakens are completely different films.

I'm okay with it. It'll be cool to have these in the winter. Disney can keep their Marvel movies in the summer/fall. Plus, hopefully that just allows more time to make it better.

Disappointing but not unexpected. A christmas release will make more money though, and at least we know they're not rushing it.

I hope they use the extra time to make a better movie than the sub-par Star Wars remake that was TFA.

Sean

The subpar Star Wars remake that everyone except internet fanboys loved.

LOL I feel bad for people who didn't enjoy TFA.

Back