Episode II Obi Wan - Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup! In that 2nd image the braid is on the wrong side! I often see why anyone involved with films fail to realise such glaring errors, or let stuff like this go out unnoticed.

Anyway, I suppose the only Obi left to do it TPM. Which is my favourite of the obis. I'd be all over a TPM Obi like a rash. Would be a dream come true.

Normal viewers won't catch something like that. But star wars fans don't have lives and watch these movies frame by frame so they can pick the faults of them even more.

Ok, here's the question sure to cause the Freaks board to melt down:

Episode 1 Obi Wan: Barbie hair "Braid" or rubber "Braid" like the hair on Hot Toys' Jack Sparrow?

Runs for cover...:monkey5

Episode 1 Obi Wan: Barbie hair "Braid" or rubber "Braid" like the hair on Hot Toys' Jack Sparrow?

Rubber like Sparrow, gives you better scale and it can be shaped into a nice flow, faux hair will just want to lay kinda goofy and get annoying.

As for the pony tail, it's short enough, I say make it a solid extension of the sculpt.

I'm with the poster on the previous page though, his hair has to be right. Modelled after the natural spike.

suncho did a bada$$ episode one obi wan sculpt that had the rubber braid and the pony tail plugged into the back of the head

This thing came out of nowhere, thanks for the 12 day notice Sideshow. :rolleyes:
Because this is shipping so soon, it looks like I have to cancel my Excl. Snake Eyes order.:banghead

they do that with R2 a bit too throughout the films I seem to remember

Watch ROTJ, in Jabba's palace, when Boussh is speaking to Jabba, Boba Fett is flipped, making his antenna and shoulder cape on the wrong side.

As far as the braid goes, gotta go with rubber. Fake hair mixed with sculpted hair looks like ass.

Hi Chaps,

A few pics from the UK...
DSC02209.jpg

DSC02210.jpg

DSC02211.jpg

DSC02212.jpg

DSC02214.jpg

DSC02215.jpg

DSC02216.jpg

DSC02217.jpg

DSC02219.jpg

DSC02221.jpg

Nice one doug! Can't wait to see the following pictures. Paint apps on the beard look a little wobbly, but I always enjoy touching up the heads on my figures. Looks like i'll be adding a little to the beard when mine gets here.

Looks pretty darn good to me over....like the two tone look to the hair...beard looks ok - but a very nice improvement over the first Obi-Wan paint app
Thanks for the new pics

Thanks for the pics. My biggest comment is that the paint apps on the beard are definitely sloppy. Good thing I bought a Clonobi head and a couple bodies (PRO and TT, which ever looks better... :dunno :lol) to use on him.

Thanks for the pics. My biggest comment is that the paint apps on the beard are definitely sloppy. Good thing I bought a Clonobi head and a couple bodies (PRO and TT, which ever looks better... :dunno :lol) to use on him.

I'd go with the TT, the broad shoulders actually work in favor of the figure, give that nice, wide look to the Jedi tunic.

This is the Clonobi head on a TT.

AOTC8.jpg

I really can't wait for these new clothes, the right colors and the new fabric looks pretty cool too.

One more for now,
Light is awful here ATM :(
DSC02237.jpg

Should be noted that my pics don't do the figure justice, in hand he looks *alot* better.

Cheers,
Doug

Back