Enterbay Michael Jordan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Black MJ 23 arrived today! Just swapped it to a red jersey.
mic3_zpsfdc58854.jpg

mic2_zps972ab5a3.jpg

mic1_zps84eb048f.jpg

DAMN YOU! that's what i wanted to do!!! lol nice pics tho and man, does it look so much better on the red 23... i may have to pull the trigger on that head sculpt on ebay...

DAMN YOU! that's what i wanted to do!!! lol nice pics tho and man, does it look so much better on the red 23... i may have to pull the trigger on that head sculpt on ebay...

The headsculpt is better on the red jersey. Wait ka muna, they might re-release the black MJ as a regular version soon or wait for the series 3 with the tongue.

I cant wait for my red 23 to arrive so I can make that same swap! I wonder how much the black jersey would go for on eBay?? hmmm...

The headsculpt is better on the red jersey. Wait ka muna, they might re-release the black MJ as a regular version soon or wait for the series 3 with the tongue.

i probably will wait. just getting impatient for the general release of the series 2. haha. if it comes down to it, i might end up dropping some dough for the series 2 on ebay and just end up keeping the stand and the headsculpt and selling everything else.

There will probably be a bunch of them out there soon lol

there's already a few for sale on ebay. scalper prices tho!

i probably will wait. just getting impatient for the general release of the series 2. haha. if it comes down to it, i might end up dropping some dough for the series 2 on ebay and just end up keeping the stand and the headsculpt and selling everything else.

there's already a few for sale on ebay. scalper prices tho!

I might put mine out there! lol.. I remember when I said that I was going to wait for a general release of the series 2. I bought it on eBay about 3 days later! lol Hopefully you are stronger than I was!

I might put mine out there! lol.. I remember when I said that I was going to wait for a general release of the series 2. I bought it on eBay about 3 days later! lol Hopefully you are stronger than I was!

:lol i might have more control than you because my girlfriend's starting to give me crap about buying too much toys, although she owes me a basketball hoop, so that'll probably hold my craving a little. HA!

I'm waiting for the Red 23 but i don't want to buy 2 Reds since i want one just to display in Warm Up suit, or even better get a Green All Star suit from mhjjit and kit bash another Jordan, since Black 23 is not available where i'm from unless i order from EB, still $400 or $450 is too much since i'd rather buy the custom warm up.

By the time Black 23 is available at decent price i'll probably display him in the black jersey so i still need another MJ for kit bash.

I haven't seen headplay in actual, nor the common MJ sculpt so i cannot tell which one is better. Just felt headplay MJ looks younger while common custom MJ looks older.

doesn't really matter whether i have any of your so called "High End" collectible figures, this is not a thread to show off your garage or brag about it.

To me they are still toys, just some people like to differentiate stuffs between Anime & Cartoons, Manga & Comics, just to make their hobby sound less kiddy, i buy toys i like, whether it's $1 or $100, i don't feel l33t or having the need to tell people "Hey this is one piece of expensive high end adult collectibles, it's not a toy! :mad:". I don't need to justify to people what i do or explain to them why i do it. :arr

Oh yea and for that guy who ordered the lace AJ1, pleaseeee let us know ASAP once you received it. :panic:

You seem to really want a Jordan figure. Why not save up a little & buy an authentic figure? Trying to gather bits from here & there for a custom figure, might not satisfy you as much as you'd think.

I'm curious to whether you have any Hot Toys, Enterbay, or any other higher end 1/6 collectible figures in your collection Potato?

The Lace seems incomplete.

BTW do you apply those custom base sticker you made on the stand or just position it there? The original base is printed on or using decal?

Anyone actually doing a recast of the body?

I'm really want to start doing recast of some heads but have zero experience in molding/casting, plus the materials are really an investment you make when you are really dedicated, if not those silicons & resin will just waste away expired.

Just received this pic from fthwags who I have made the outfit for.
He managed to get the Olympic 7's to match somewhere :)
9526896208_2faa3f5359_b.jpg

I just picked up my black jersey'd Jordan from the post shop. Very pleased with the quality overall. I just can't seem to remove the shoes easily. Do you guys just pull it out forcefully or does it have to be done at a certain angle? Just making sure I don't break anything on the first day. Thanks

doesn't really matter whether i have any of your so called "High End" collectible figures, this is not a thread to show off your garage or brag about it.

To me they are still toys, just some people like to differentiate stuffs between Anime & Cartoons, Manga & Comics, just to make their hobby sound less kiddy, i buy toys i like, whether it's $1 or $100, i don't feel l33t or having the need to tell people "Hey this is one piece of expensive high end adult collectibles, it's not a toy! :mad:". I don't need to justify to people what i do or explain to them why i do it. :arr
You went on a very strange defensive tangent right there
scratchhead.gif

I was trying to help, since I've already tried to put together a budget HeadPlay Jordan figure myself. I simply figured you really wanted a Jordan figure (didn't know you already ordered the EB 23) & thought it was better to get an EB figure, rather than putting a HeadPlay one together. If you simply answered my question, & didn't have a higher end 1/6 figure, then I was thinking maybe you didn't really know how cool they are 'in hand'. & if you answered you already had a bunch of Hot Toys or Enterbay figures, then I'd think you already know the deal, & were simply satisfied enough with putting together a HeadPlay Jordan figure. I wasn't asking you to defend your collection. It's not like I have some "elite" collection to brag about. Wow.

Why ask for peoples opinions on whatever sculpts you find on eBay, if you don't really want to hear it :slap

Do/Did you have another username on here? There's something about you .....

The Lace seems incomplete.
BTW do you apply those custom base sticker you made on the stand or just position it there? The original base is printed on or using decal?
No, it's a laserprint on 200gr paper. I put a plastic circle over it to protect it (I also use the plastic circle as a protection on the stock base, cause one of my bases got scratched for some reason).

I'm really want to start doing recast of some heads but have zero experience in molding/casting, plus the materials are really an investment you make when you are really dedicated, if not those silicons & resin will just waste away expired.
I have 2 fake heads from Ebay and they seem to be recasts. The main difference is the painting, which makes MJ look like MJ. They came with stubbled hair and looked like Larry Johnson (think someone here said that). So if you have 0 experience I wouldn't start casting heads. Unless you are a gifted painter :)

The 2 recast heads, are the paint job the same, or varies from seller to seller, i'd assume they are hand painted yes?

But somehow from picture the recase face looks abit longer? Or just the camera angle?

No, it's a laserprint on 200gr paper. I put a plastic circle over it to protect it (I also use the plastic circle as a protection on the stock base, cause one of my bases got scratched for some reason).

I have 2 fake heads from Ebay and they seem to be recasts. The main difference is the painting, which makes MJ look like MJ. They came with stubbled hair and looked like Larry Johnson (think someone here said that). So if you have 0 experience I wouldn't start casting heads. Unless you are a gifted painter :)

No other user name since i like potato and it attracts hostility.

I asked about how the Headplay version 2 head looks like, you didn't say you have already had a headplay v2 head, because from picture of prototype he looks like younger Mike, not like it's better than EB or recast, just the feel is different, also i'm not sure the painting is consistent or varies from seller to seller.

You should have asked my intentions of kitbashing an MJ instead telling me i'm better off buying a complete EB the 1st place, since recast & headplay head both cost around $35-40, warm up suit $40, plus a diy mannequin should cost less than $100 for a Warm up suit MJ.

I believe some of the folks here never had a "high end" collectible 1/6 before & MJ is their 1st. I don't see how having a giant collection or not makes any difference in telling whether something looks good or not, unless it's the 1st time they see it in picture or real life, even then a person should be able to tell how close it resembles the real person unless the person knows nothing about MJ.

In fact even with a huge expensive collection they can still look cheap & ugly if one doesn't know how to pose them and simply cramp them inside a cabinet like G.I Joes & Star Wars 3.75".

Some people buy based on brand, instead of buying what they like, i believe most of the late comer Hot Toys collectors whom has extra cash do so.

So what if i never had a high end collectible, or can only afford a few, or can't afford at all, all i'm trying to do is finding a cheap & effective solution to kitbash a warmupsuit Jordan.

I see folks here do alot of customs, some are magnificent, some are just plain awful i would just throw them in the bin, but i never commented negatively about their works, because i believe it's fun for them to do so and as long as they are happy.

Now i need a tutorial on how to make a custom MJ body with Wires & stuffings.

You went on a very strange defensive tangent right there
scratchhead.gif

Do/Did you have another username on here? There's something about you .....

I made a fake body like this:
1 - two wooden skewers for legs
2 - electrical wire for arms
3 - foam taped together around everything as filling

It's not the nicest looking "Jordan" ever, but it get's the job done (display the warmup suits without using a real $350 Jordan body).
9527401305_f825c01c88_b.jpg

Finished a Kobe outfit, don't have the figure so used it on Mike :D
Jordan at the Lakers with Magic, that would've been a team :clap
9530730220_de51674a3b_h.jpg

Last edited:
Kobe #8 :yess:
I asked about how the Headplay version 2 head looks like, you didn't say you have already had a headplay v2 head
You also asked:
What do you guys think of these customs:

Also is this the same headsculpt you guys purchased?

but looks so different from this Headplay:

I think most guys got this head right?

What do you guys think?
I purchased the HeadPlay sculpt, & told you what I thought, & how I built my own Jordan figure from it.
I don't see how having a giant collection or not makes any difference in telling whether something looks good or not, unless it's the 1st time they see it in picture or real life, even then a person should be able to tell how close it resembles the real person unless the person knows nothing about MJ.
Yet you asked about thoughts on 3 different Jordan sculpts. Why don't you take your own advise, since "a person should be able to tell how close it resembles the real person".
In fact even with a huge expensive collection they can still look cheap & ugly if one doesn't know how to pose them and simply cramp them inside a cabinet like G.I Joes & Star Wars 3.75".

Some people buy based on brand, instead of buying what they like, i believe most of the late comer Hot Toys collectors whom has extra cash do so.

So what if i never had a high end collectible, or can only afford a few, or can't afford at all
This isn't even relevant to anything I was trying to discuss. Why did this turn into a collection measuring contest?
You should have asked my intentions of kitbashing an MJ instead telling me i'm better off buying a complete EB the 1st place
No, I should not have asked anything, or tried to help. Have fun with your kitbash.

Matt is your Jordan figures legs warping a bit? They seem to be leaning to our left.

Back