Enterbay Michael Jordan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't think it's "easy" money yet. There are still many PO's available for the Red #23. Sales will slow down at some point and may prevent future releases from coming out.

Don't think it's "easy" money yet. There are still many PO's available for the Red #23. Sales will slow down at some point and may prevent future releases from coming out.
Yeah, thats what I imagine will happen as well... Hype dies down, future figures get cancelled....

Im still waiting on the Smooth Criminal MJ from Hot Toys :slap

$285 ("I'm Back" version) x 3000 (sold out edition size)

That's $855.000US.

That's only one version of Jordan figure. "Easy" money? Depends on your definition of the word "easy" in this situation I guess.

& this isn't 'Hot Toys'. I doubt a slow selling Jordan figure will prevent more Jordan figures being released at this point.

The regular #23 release doesn't have an official edition size like the exclusive figures do right? Maybe they've already sold 4000+ pre orders, maybe unlikely, but other than EB, who knows? I wouldn't say it's not selling well simply because it's still available everywhere.

Alternatively, it might be their worst selling figure ever, but again, other than EB, who knows?

The cost of making the figure is probably very low, maybe $50 per figure all in.

However we don't know how much they had to pay for the license, i'm assuming it'd be at least a million bucks to release something that represents everything MJ from top to bottom.

So i'm guessing in order to recover just the license fee it might take 2-3 Jordan release to do so and anything after that would only mean profit.

That's probably why they are trying everything they can to milk it.

And don't forget the Royalty for MJ & NBA's cut of the profit.

$285 ("I'm Back" version) x 3000 (sold out edition size)

That's $855.000US.

About 6 or 7 years ago I spoke with a Sports manager from McFarlane toys and asked him why TMP never made any MJ figs. He told me at that time the licencing costs were SO high that after factoring that into production plus molds, development, etc it would have cost the company about $20 to produce each figure.

With an SP pricepoint at the time of about $13 that obviously wasn't profitable unless they charged $25+ per figure. I can only imaging what MJ and UD's costs are now.

Kobe $180
LeBron $204

Then look at the price of the cheapest version of the Jordan figure.

Jordan $260 (regular release)

That's how EB are making their money back :lol

I'm guessing the price for the 1/4 Jordan is going to be ridiculous.

Did anyone get in on the preorder for the Storm Toys MJ? I have a membership but U.S. ordering isn't available yet.

About 6 or 7 years ago I spoke with a Sports manager from McFarlane toys and asked him why TMP never made any MJ figs. He told me at that time the licencing costs were SO high that after factoring that into production plus molds, development, etc it would have cost the company about $20 to produce each figure.

With an SP pricepoint at the time of about $13 that obviously wasn't profitable unless they charged $25+ per figure. I can only imaging what MJ and UD's costs are now.

Well UD already owned he MJ license and priced their figures at $14.99 for the regular and $19.99 for the special package ones. they were going for the low teens for a while, sold out and now are selling for over $20 I think (all of them). Not bad figures, in scale with old McFarlane ones (new scales are all over the board though).

NBA gets their cut, UD gets their cut (MJ gets paid from UD). don't forget only 1 head sculpt with each (instead of 2 with Kobe and LBJ) I would guess it would be $300 with 2 sculpts. That extra cash isn't all going to UD (figuring NBA gets same amount for all figures), you know EB has a lot higher margin on the Jordan's, as they should, demand is much higher.

People complain about HT and their new $200 starting price for a pretty bare figure (like new superman) but then compare it to this MJ at $260, hot toys prices don't seem too bad :wink1:

Wonder how much UD paid for MJ license, and is it renewed yearly or like a lifetime deal? So anything that has to do with MJ has to go tru UD? Why not MJ hold his own license by opening MJ Inc or something?

HT feels like just plain greedy. I don't think the license cost that much for pop cultures seeing how Ironman/Avengers toys gets released. And understand MJ is like a Legend figure whom is still associated with the cool & in even after 30 years. If it's Michael Jackson i can understand the high cost.

People complain about HT and their new $200 starting price for a pretty bare figure (like new superman) but then compare it to this MJ at $260, hot toys prices don't seem too bad :wink1:

Why isn't there any news yet on when Jordan 23's are going to be released in the US?

BBTS says late July which I still think they are going to push out. Clarks says September which is probably more realistic.

BBTS says late July which I still think they are going to push out. Clarks says September which is probably more realistic.

I think Clarktoys is more realistic. Although, LeBron is an August release date but since Jordan hasn't been released it looks like around October or November for LeBron as well.

075306hec21gghgk2kk770.jpg
074853n1r41cnhrca5aqby.jpg

075303ilvul8t0q804x990.jpg

USA jersey!! But 2012 version so for LBJ.

Back