Enterbay - Jean Claude Van Damme figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original is funny enough but....

6033781_orig.gif

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Van Damme asked Enterbay for a current JCVD look head sculpt since he is still alive and active. It is a matter of dignity!

Dude... let it go. We get it. You just don't seem to get that many of us would've liked a younger version from a movie (even though we know this is more difficult due to licenses). You don't have to defend EB or JC even, everytime someone says they're dissapointed in the sculpt or the fact that the figure is of a 50+ year old JC. I'm a huge Van Damme fan, so I'll probably pick this up when and if the face is fixed.

Damn the last 10 pages blew up !

cue Ron Burgandy meme 'Well that escalated quickly'

I know Mr Van Damme made a lot of good movies with amazing fight scenes but don't forget Maximum Risk cause that's one of my favo movies too.:lecture

Very disappointing. I have no interest in an old man JCVD at all...

I am very disappointed too but I need a JCVD figure so where do I buy this thing?

Very disappointing. I have no interest in an old man JCVD at all...

why not?

I'm belgian, I should love JCVD, but.. not really. As much as I liked Bloodsport, it was for another reason (various fighters & fighting styles), & for me the young JCVD will just remain a cheesy action hero, & a stiff one, not elastic like asians can be. And with no personality (in his movies).

BUT, the real JCVD is outside his movies. To start with he is, and has always been, a kind of out-of-this-world philosopher. The french have always mocked him for that, he's not fully human, he has the weirdest thoughts, and that's really part of his charm.

Then JCVD came back as a touching old man, first in the JCVD movie, now in that Volvo ad - which IMHO really is about him as a touching old man, I really could care less about a stupid legs split. See the irony & nonsense in his speech at the beginning of that ad, that's his "alien" side. Then watch his old, wrinkled face, and read in his eyes, that's what he is, a touching old guy who, unlike other old movie stars, still seems very human & honnest, & yet out of this world.

IF EB writes one on his french lines he's famous for, on the plaque (or an alternate one), I'll buy it.
I'll just translate a few of his famous french quotes so that you understand:

(while he was drinking water) "I love water. In 20-30 years, there won't be any left".

1+1=1 (& then goes for the weirdest explanation).
This is really what I wanna see on the figure's plaque: 1+1=1. Then I buy it.

A biscuit has no spirit, it's just a biscuit. But before that, it was milk & eggs. And in eggs, there is potential life.

If you phone to a psychic and she doesn't pick up the phone before you called, hang up.

I believe in the moment. If there is no moment, at that moment, you must end up at that moment, in the moment you want.

You need no flash when you take a pic of a rabbit that already has red eyes.

If you're lost in the forest and you stand still for 2 years, moss will grow on your leg. That's north.

We don't have the same notion of time according to the species, that's what makes it possible for me to pass my hand in-between you & me like this, because for oxygen, one second may be 10 seconds, and for concrete, it may be a millisecond.

But I suppose that JCVD is really not seen the same way in France as in the US. That's the very reason behind the JCVD movie, btw.

watched the film enemies closer last night.nothing great,some decent fight scenes.jcvd playing a baddie and having fun playing one,with some wacky oneliners.

why not?

I'm belgian, I should love JCVD, but.. not really. As much as I liked Bloodsport, it was for another reason (various fighters & fighting styles), & for me the young JCVD will just remain a cheesy action hero, & a stiff one, not elastic like asians can be. And with no personality (in his movies).

BUT, the real JCVD is outside his movies. To start with he is, and has always been, a kind of out-of-this-world philosopher. The french have always mocked him for that, he's not fully human, he has the weirdest thoughts, and that's really part of his charm.

Then JCVD came back as a touching old man, first in the JCVD movie, now in that Volvo ad - which IMHO really is about him as a touching old man, I really could care less about a stupid legs split. See the irony & nonsense in his speech at the beginning of that ad, that's his "alien" side. Then watch his old, wrinkled face, and read in his eyes, that's what he is, a touching old guy who, unlike other old movie stars, still seems very human & honnest, & yet out of this world.

IF EB writes one on his french lines he's famous for, on the plaque (or an alternate one), I'll buy it.
I'll just translate a few of his famous french quotes so that you understand:

(while he was drinking water) "I love water. In 20-30 years, there won't be any left".

1+1=1 (& then goes for the weirdest explanation).
This is really what I wanna see on the figure's plaque: 1+1=1. Then I buy it.

A biscuit has no spirit, it's just a biscuit. But before that, it was milk & eggs. And in eggs, there is potential life.

If you phone to a psychic and she doesn't pick up the phone before you called, hang up.

I believe in the moment. If there is no moment, at that moment, you must end up at that moment, in the moment you want.

You need no flash when you take a pic of a rabbit that already has red eyes.

If you're lost in the forest and you stand still for 2 years, moss will grow on your leg. That's north.

We don't have the same notion of time according to the species, that's what makes it possible for me to pass my hand in-between you & me like this, because for oxygen, one second may be 10 seconds, and for concrete, it may be a millisecond.

But I suppose that JCVD is really not seen the same way in France as in the US. That's the very reason behind the JCVD movie, btw.
Interesting, quirky - & bizarre. :lol

The only real classic 'real life' memory of him that won't leave me, was when he came to Australia about 15+ years or so ago. He appeared on a well known weekend variety / entertainment show here called 'Hey Hey It's Saturday' - & was a guest panelist for certain segments.

It was also his birthday around that time too iirc, & at one point they brought out a cake for him. It almost looked unscripted - but shortly after, one of the comedians on the show (Russel Gilbert) wandered over - said something smart alec-y, & did an axe kick right through JCVD's cake! :lol He was NOT impressed at all! :lol :lol

Do you remember that Lejuan!??? :rotfl

Back