Enterbay Jack Bauer - novice body and clothing advice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Subject1

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I've just purchased a Jack Bauer recast from ebay. As I'm brand spanking new here and totally new to action figures I'm not entirely sure how acceptable this is amongst collectors, so, maybe you can also enlighten me on that too. I wanted to buy an original but the only one I found is on ebay, and the BIN asking price is over 500, which I don't want to pay. I've only ever collected baby dolls made from polymer clay and silicone, as well as ball jointed dolls, but have recently come across the Bauer figure, and being a 24 fan had to have one because it's such a true likeness to the character/actor.

My first question is which body should I buy for the head? I've done a bit of research and most seem to think that the Enterbay RM-5 is the most suitable and it's actually available from the website. I would like something true to his slender and compact size, no muscular arms because he isn't built that way. I don't really like the look of the RM-5, in particular the traps. Does anyone have a photo of a naked RM-5 with the Bauer head on it? Someone else (here maybe?) mentioned the Hot Toys TTM19 but another said it's too tall?

I would also like to buy him some clothes once I've decided on a body. I'm not too fussed on his clothing accurately representing Bauer in the show, more that his clothes fit well. I'd like maybe a pair of fitted realistic looking blue jeans, a long sleeved t-shirt and some scuffed boots. Where on earth can I find great clothing? I do like the original outfit but not the shoes. I also like the Subway clothing but don't want to buy the Subway figure. It's not a patch on the EB head sculpt.

I apologise for all the questions and for my first post asking for info rather than giving it. Considering I know next to nothing about action figures, I don't think my advice would be worth much! :wink1:

Thanks for reading if you got this far. :)

Hello and welcome.

Recasts are generally frowned upon. Especially when they're custom headsculpts made by artists in the community and not by a bigger company like Enterbay. It's best not to talk about them around these parts.

The body's height doesn't really matter unless you collect a lot of 1/6 figures and have them displayed together. For instance, Han Solo and Luke Skywalker are different heights in the movie so a lot of collectors would want their Han figure to stand taller than the Luke figure. We're to the point in the hobby where it seems manufacturers are actually making these characters at various heights for us. Some collectors will select the bodies for the figures keeping the height in mind so everyone is an appropriate build and height. Others don't care as much. All of my figures stand at the same height of ~12" and they look fine to me. The molding the naked body isn't overly important. With the clothes on the figure, the muscle definition will be gone. I am not familiar with the body types anymore. I will defer to another member which would be your best bet. But don't buy an actual Hot Toys brand true type! They're way too expensive. There are knock off bodies by other companies that are cheaper. Are they as good? No. Do they get the job done? Absolutely. Again I'll let another member with more knowledge of the body types tell you what to search for. EDIT: I didn't notice the reply above. I would highly recommend the body listed. It's cheap and looks great!

Clothes are a crap shoot. A lot of the generic stuff on eBay can come in looking like crap. Sometimes it's surprisingly decent. Formal clothes are usually best avoided. More casual gear is usually usable. It's sometimes best (although a bit pricier) to find parted out clothes from high end figures that you know will look nice on a figure. Just lurk around all sections of the boar to find the current figures and see if there are pieces from them that look worth getting.

I've just purchased a Jack Bauer recast from ebay. As I'm brand spanking new here and totally new to action figures I'm not entirely sure how acceptable this is amongst collectors, so, maybe you can also enlighten me on that too. I wanted to buy an original but the only one I found is on ebay, and the BIN asking price is over 500, which I don't want to pay.

Welcome to the forum :wave

I would not mention buying recasts again. It's a sore point, especially in the customs section, because a lot of the recasts on eBay come from people profiting off of the artists that are trying to make a living in that section of the boards.

It's great to avoid buying recasts, because generally the quality is substantially lower than the real thing (the sculpt is softer without as much fine hair and skin detail, often it can be warped and not as good a likeness as the original).

Just to let you know before potentially annoying some people here :duff Happy collecting :)

Have to see how thry recast the joint because Enterbay uses a differ neck joint during their early days all the way till the 2010 Game of Death Bruce Lee

Thanks for the welcomes and advice/info everyone. I really didn't want to buy a recast but haven't been able to find the real deal apart from the one mentioned and I desperately wanted a Jack doll. I've never bought knock offs of other dolls I've collected because I like to fully support the artists who work hard to create these incredible pieces of art. I'm also dubious about the quality but we'll see. I hope to someday find an original on the secondary market at a not so highly inflated price.

As for the clothes I'll do lots of looking around these parts to find pieces that I like and will probably ask for advice about fit once a body has been decided upon.

Is it really not worth buying the Enterbay RM-5 body? Does anyone have a Bauer head on one to show off?

You may get lucky, because on this board figures often can be sold and bought for lower prices than on eBay. You may get lucky keeping an eye on the For Sale/Trade Action Figures section of the forum :)

What is the original body he came with and can I buy that as a separate entity from somewhere? I know it's the Masterpiece RM-1 but I can't find anything resembling it. Probably because I don't really know what I'm looking for.

this is the RM-1 body he came with.

the RM-4 or 4.2 might be ok for a enterbay body.or check some of the cheaper ''unbranded''ones out there,depending on what type of connector your headsculpt has.

Thank you. I had seen that photo of the body and read the review. Sorry it's taken so long to reply, I've been reading through the original Bauer thread and am part way throughout the 300 odd pages of it! :shock

I've just purchased an Enterbay David Palmer therefore making it my very first bonafide 1/6 figure. I am so excited. I also purchased the Subway 24 Hours Hero Jack Bauer. I bought him for the clothing and accessories to use once I (hopefully) source a real Enterbay Jack. I'll probably get the EB RM-5 for the recast. I'm yet to find clothing I like.

I'll probably have to get the Subway 24 Hours Betrayer to complete the set.

I also spent the last few days reading through the 363 page Enterbay Jack Bauer thread. :thud:

Back