Enterbay IP MAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it's really just a question of lighting. Not as great as the proto, but not bad either.

I like this pic, will be pretty satisfied if he actually looks like that in hand.....for some reason I prefer Ip Man's sculpt more than EB's future Chen Zhen one.

262.jpg

Pic courtesy of Nny at Toyworld forum

It's the blank stare that bothers me. In this photo, the angle is straight-on, he's looking directly at the camera, but he doesn't look like he's focusing on anything. He's just staring off in a daze.

IMG_1572.jpg

On the bright side I really like how loaded with articulation the 3rd generation RM body is.
273.jpg

287.jpg

He doesn't look that bad here. I wish for the real Ip Man figure, maybe as an exclusive or something, they just need a new head sculpt to go with the body :p

The eyes are so flat and dead and out of focus, I was shocked. I'm not talking about all these pics, I mean the real thing. Good luck to all ppl who POed ......

He doesn't look that bad here. I wish for the real Ip Man figure, maybe as an exclusive or something, they just need a new head sculpt to go with the body :p

:clap:clap AWESOME idea!!!! Ip Man as an older guy looked less buff though, do you think the body and a new head sculpt would match?

After seeing all these pics, I'm feeling a lot better about my ore-order. The eyes could still end up ok. I really wanted that dummy too, I was even going to make one myself for my EB Bruce - so worst case scenario I get a $200 wooden dummy with a pretty decent figure of Donnie Chen thrown in :lol.

There will always be some panic created by average photos and a less-then-perfect paint app when we're forming out so much of our hard-earned cash.. but this one is not the disaster it was looking a few pages back.

:clap:clap AWESOME idea!!!! Ip Man as an older guy looked less buff though, do you think the body and a new head sculpt would match?

After seeing all these pics, I'm feeling a lot better about my ore-order. The eyes could still end up ok. I really wanted that dummy too, I was even going to make one myself for my EB Bruce - so worst case scenario I get a $200 wooden dummy with a pretty decent figure of Donnie Chen thrown in :lol.

There will always be some panic created by average photos and a less-then-perfect paint app when we're forming out so much of our hard-earned cash.. but this one is not the disaster it was looking a few pages back.

Well, you are right Ip Man wasn't that buff, he was a skinny guy. But I bet people would buy it, I would anyways :p

I have watched the movie today, and well, This is a great Martial arts movie with a good story !! but...

What,s the meaning of Ip Man??:dunno... I mean,I have seen this movie in Chinese (Cantons) with English subtitles and they never say Ip Man.. They call him Sizu .Any special meaning of Ip Man??

An just for curiosity guys : How do you pronounce Ip Man??

I have watched the movie today, and well, This is a great Martial arts movie with a good story !! but...

What,s the meaning of Ip Man??:dunno... I mean,I have seen this movie in Chinese (Cantons) with English subtitles and they never say Ip Man.. They call him Sizu .Any special meaning of Ip Man??

An just for curiosity guys : How do you pronounce Ip Man??

I actually pronounce it YIP MAN. Yip Man is a name and he was Bruce Lee's master (but that you might already know). I think they call him SIFU, which in chinese means "Teacher". Sometimes he is called "Yip Sifu" in the movie, Master Yip.

I actually pronounce it YIP MAN. Yip Man is a name and he was Bruce Lee's master (but that you might already know). I think they call him SIFU, which in chinese means "Teacher". Sometimes he is called "Yip Sifu" in the movie, Master Yip.

Thanks dude :wink1:

Yup, I Already know Ip Man was Bruce Lee's master.. But his name seemed very peculiar and even extravagant to me.:rotfl

It would've been less confusing if they went with Yip Man. For a while, I pronounced it "EYE-PEE man." I also wondered why everyone added man when calling out to him. :lol

Probably on account of the tonal variation that exists in Cantonese and there being no precise equivalent tone in the English alphabet... the tone is not as hard as the English 'Y', the 'Y' comes more at the back of the throat. But it's not exactly an English 'I' either.

Or maybe they just wanted to be different. Or maybe tick off all the Western wing chun practitioners who have always known him as 'Yip'.

As someone who does Wing Chun, I will be getting this item no matter what.

The possible poses and hands gestures i've seen in most of the pics look like they are proper and exact Wing Chun postures. The mook jong (wooden dummy) is also a very neat addition.

This Yip Man will be very fun for me and a nice little tribute to the legendary late great Grandmaster.

Phew!! The final headsculpt looks much more like donny yen. I do agree with the shoulder issue though but nothing that cannot be fixed.

Haven't seen one in hand yet but if it's as good as the above pics, I will be getting one. Good job EB but please don't slack off as there are still much room for improvement.

Back