Enterbay IP MAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and Enterbay themselves havent even shipped? no confirmation or anything from them. Are they that busy?

Not good Enterbay, not good...

and Enterbay themselves havent even shipped? no confirmation or anything from them. Are they that busy?

Not good Enterbay, not good...

OMG has mentioned that his figure is from a 2nd batch, but I'm not really sure how it's all rolling out at this point or whether or not Enterbay's been shipping out their pre-order stock yet. It's supposed to be early/mid-August for them and October for international distributers and retailers (BBTS, Alter Ego, etc etc).

OMG has mentioned that his figure is from a 2nd batch, but I'm not really sure how it's all rolling out at this point or whether or not Enterbay's been shipping out their pre-order stock yet. It's supposed to be early/mid-August for them and October for international distributers and retailers (BBTS, Alter Ego, etc etc).

As a relative newb, it seems to me that there are companies out there that get their release dates spot on, and their communication with the customer or distributor is first rate. Not so Enterbay it seems?

Enterbay isn't big enough? Do they lack resources or just interest? Or is it a strategic move to keep everyone in the dark? I'm not being a whiner, I genuinely want to know how these companies work.

Admittedly I am scratching at the door like a dog on heat waiting for that package, and knowing when it might turn up will ease the shakes :lol

So how is the figure in hand plasmid? Do you feel a body swap necessary? Good paint app? Feeeeeeed meeee!

As a relative newb, it seems to me that there are companies out there that get their release dates spot on, and their communication with the customer or distributor is first rate. Not so Enterbay it seems?

Enterbay isn't big enough? Do they lack resources or just interest? Or is it a strategic move to keep everyone in the dark? I'm not being a whiner, I genuinely want to know how these companies work.

Admittedly I am scratching at the door like a dog on heat waiting for that package, and knowing when it might turn up will ease the shakes :lol

So how is the figure in hand plasmid? Do you feel a body swap necessary? Good paint app? Feeeeeeed meeee!

:lol

I'm actually not too familiar with Enterbay's problems right now. Apparently they had some snaffus with their Storm Warriors line but I hardly followed that hubbub. From what I can see though, once in a while companies like Enterbay and HT run into issues that get fans all riled up and angry, but usually they recover. I know Enterbay's Prison Break line has been in development for over a year now, though. Ugh.

Earlier this year Hot Toys ran into a heap of trouble with their DX Batman. Once the defects on that figure were first found, it opened a floodgate for complaints and returns, and Hot Toys just couldn't handle it. I read about plenty of stories of HT ignoring customer emails about DX Batman. That was a strange time, because before then HT was known for top-shelf customer service.

As for release dates and such, HT and Enterbay have different manners of going about this. HT puts out official pics and specs that give a general release window (usually about 2-3 months or the upcoming quarter), and then we wait that long long wait until the figure finally releases. SOmetimes figures get delayed due to updates or sculpt tweaks. It happens more often than people realize, I think.

Enterbay, on the other hand, teases fans with intermittent behind-the-scenes and WIP photos, and it could take them a while to reveal the official pics and info, but usually when that happens, pre-orders go up immediately and the figure is released very soon after.

That's pretty much my (short-hand) take on things.

I'm working on that Ip Man review right now. :)

so where are those pictures =P.......hehehe so does ip man need a body swap?! cause if it does, 2X TT im going to have to get!

so where are those pictures =P.......hehehe so does ip man need a body swap?! cause if it does, 2X TT im going to have to get!

I don't think a body swap is necessary, but I did encounter some annoyances while using the RM3 body. The left shoulder is a bit loose, both elbows were stuck and could only bend 90 degrees. I eventually forced the double hinge on both elbows to bend fully, but I was scared that I was going to break something while trying to free them.

I'll go into detail about the rest of it once I finish uploading photos. It could take a little while though.

I don't think a body swap is necessary, but I did encounter some annoyances while using the RM3 body. The left shoulder is a bit loose, both elbows were stuck and could only bend 90 degrees. I eventually forced the double hinge on both elbows to bend fully, but I was scared that I was going to break something while trying to free them.

I'll go into detail about the rest of it once I finish uploading photos. It could take a little while though.

Thanks for the info plasmid, on the marketing process and the figure in hand. I've got a truetype on the way, so I'll have the body swap option there if I think I need it. Can't wait for your review!

I see that all 3 of us are from Australia. I ordered from the Enterbay website. No acknowledgment from them still.

Mine arrived earlier yesterday and I had a little bit of time to take some photos. I just wanted to share some thoughts about the figure. Overall I think it's an excellent release from Enterbay that is unfortunately hobbled by the RM3 body and some awkward paint applications. I've purchased a few Enterbay figures prior to this, and weighing those past releases against this figure, I think Ip Man might be the most value-packed of them all. It comes with what is essentially a diorama (made of wood and metal, no less) and it costs less than ALL of Enterbay's previous Martial Arts figures.

I really like this style of packaging Enterbay went with. It's similar to the box for the Bruce Lee Kato figure (The most recent Enterbay figure I bought prior to Ip Man). I was a bit worried when I opened it to find the figure lying inside the two foam inserts without some paper or tissue covering the figure. I remember reports of paint rub-offs on Jack Bauer's nose when that figure was first released. It was due to the nose rubbing against the foam encasing the figure. Fortunately Ip's nose was undamaged.

Moving on to the figure itself, I will admit right now that it is not the best thing about this set -- the training dummy is my favorite item. I think Enterbay did a good job capturing Donnie's likeness, though it's certainly not perfect. The cheeks aren't round enough and there's something about the eyes that throws off the likeness. I'm sure it could be the paint application at fault though. His eyes look unfocused when looking at the figure from most angles. This isn't a big deal when you display him with the training dummy, but you've seen that in most other photos, the figure has a detached, distant gaze that wouldn't have been a problem if Enterbay had implemented their moveable eye system.

Aside from those small deficiencies, I'm very fond of the portrait. The skin texture is amazing.

I don't have much to say about the outfit(s). They look right and are ostensibly well-tailored. I only wish that the black robe was made with a less coarse material. I wanted to straighten out and de-wrinkle his clothes before taking photos, but time did not permit.
I'm sure it has been mentioned before, but there are magnets fitted into the bottom of each shoe.

RM3 body ---

I'm fairly disappointed. I'll echo what's been said about this body before, either here or on the HK forums: It has some problems. First off, it's too tall. As you can see in the below photo (the line-up), Ip is almost as tall as Hot Toys' T800 and is taller than Wolverine, which of course would make him taller than most other Enterbay figures. Next big issue is the looseness of integral joints. On mine, the left shoulder is wobbly loose, as is the left knee. Both elbows were stuck and could not be bent further than 90 degrees. With some steady force I eventually got the double hinge on both elbows to bend fully, but I was scared I was going to break something in the attempt to free them.

On the positive side, the body is remarkably similar to a standar Hot Toys True-Type, in terms of both aesthetics and functionallity. Wrist pegs are the same, as is the neck joint. If it weren't for those problems I ran into, I'd say the RM3 is comparable to a TT body. I haven't gotten a chance to swap the RM3 out for a TT, but I don't think it's necessary unless your figure has loose joints.
Also: No sloped shoulders if you position the shoulder joints correctly.

Training Dummy ---

This is the jewel of this package. Both the dummy itself and the slab of flooring are high quality and feel solid. The dummy is made of wood and contains a magnet at the bottom, which easily attaches to the base, which itself is made entirely of metal. The underside is covered in a felt-like material, which keeps the base from sliding about. The figure's magnetic shoes work fairly well with the base, though it would have made more sense if the magnets were glued into the figure's feet instead of into the shoes. I hate having to put his shoes on every time I lift him from the base.

Anyway, onto the photos:

"Wing Chun, Ip Man."
IMG_2442.jpg

IMG_2440.jpg

IMG_2432.jpg

IMG_2472.jpg

IMG_2453.jpg

IMG_2454.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

Height
IMG_2456.jpg

IMG_2474.jpg

IMG_2513-1.jpg

Last edited:
wow, he is HUGE! That's ok with me, even EB's Bruce was a bit on the large side for me.

Great observations plasmid, and fantastic photos! The eyes look great from most angles the way you've shot these. He is a little too tall in the neck for me still, I'm looking forward to seeing how the neck shapes up on the TT - OMG's shots with the TT made it look better I think.

And yeh, I wish they'd put the magnets in the feet too. I mean, low heel kicks are great, but I want to see a nice clean sole in these poses.

Can't wait for this figure...!

..oh yeh, I can't remember who was laughing at my wish that the dummy would be made out of wood, but I'm so glad they went with wood - awesome, I love it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review Plasmid. I'm a bit disappointed by it's the height, I was working on a Sammo Hung to go with this figure and it looks like Sammo will look like a smurf :/ .

I'll pick it up without a doubt, I might even do a little leg surgery when I get Ip Man, haha.

Back