Enterbay: GODFATHER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although the likeness is not as good as HT's the sculpt looks pretty good. However the neck down on this turned out God awful IMO. I wouldn't even pay $80 for this piece. You can futz all day long and there is nothing you will be able to do to that sad looking suit or tux I suppose.

guys your confusing me I just bought a hot toys godfather from ebay. it arrives in 2 weeks. some are saying that it is awesome others are saying that it sucks. Can anyone give me a profesional opinion on this. This is my first hot toys figure . I'm just 18 and I would love that my first figure would look nice :D I hope that you help me thanks

Well, you get a much better bang for the buck with the Hot Toys. I know we don't buy toys for the packaging, but the Hot Toys package is sweet. You get a pretty sweet backdrop and a nifty little softcover book which borders on propaganda talking about how sweet the figure is.

So, for $150 (if you can still find him at that price) you can get a backdrop, a book, a sweet box from Hot Toys.

Or for $180, you can get a pen and a certificate from Enterbay.

Both come with the figure, chair and a cat.

If we apply the same logic of the SS vs. HT debate to this EB vs. HT debate, the argument of "with how expensive it is, there shouldn't be these kinds of mistakes". Then the EB figure really comes out on the losing end. For being $30 more expensive, the fact that the comparison is even that close ought to show that Hot Toys is a better deal.

Last edited:
Haha, I guess I was just initially so impressed with the packaging that my mind embellished the finer details.

Don't forget that HT also has a carpeted platform and doesn't EB have a chair that's too small ? I thought I saw pics that showed a very small looking chair.

I'm collecting my Enterbay Godfather today. Hope it looks better in person as I cancelled my Hot Toys Godfather pre-order for this.

just got the enterbay godfather... sad to say i'm disappointed with the suit. there's alot of frills at the collar and the sleeves and also the vest inside wasn't sewed properly..half of the seam is loose...

head sculpt looked great tho... for me, HT godfather won

Holy crap, he added movable eyes? That is awesome. I never thought that any Enterbay figure could need a repaint, but the guy who modded the eyes did just that, and his repaint is just fantastic:

_MG_6195.jpg

_MG_6198.jpg

Like minivader said, it's what EB should have done in the first place. For me, it would have set their figure above HT's, no question.

Holy crap, he added movable eyes? That is awesome. I never thought that any Enterbay figure could need a repaint, but the guy who modded the eyes did just that, and his repaint is just fantastic:

_MG_6195.jpg

_MG_6198.jpg

Like minivader said, it's what EB should have done in the first place. For me, it would have set their figure above HT's, no question.

This is one of the best repaints ive seen. I still think the face is too much on the chub side, but this repaint is first class.

Depends on how one interprets "touch up", but it looks head over heels better than the stock EB paint, in my opinion.

Check the posts above for the repainted head. A couple shots of the stock head below:

3798560434_b6f3b0c163.jpg

20090809_b28f05500f6f7ff9f80eAPcdGAV5jPJP.jpg

Last edited:
yeah, they pioneer the moving eyes in high end 1/6 figures. Worked great for bruce lee and mr bean. Its a weird move that EB didn't use it on godfather.

I don't know why people keep saying EB started the moving eye trend. They didn't.

The original action figure did.

eagle_eye_gijoe.jpg

Back