Enterbay - Game Of Death - Bruce Lee (75th Anniversary)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Ip Man sculpt is brilliant. Reading the Facebook posts, some peeps still aren't happy :huh

Slap 'Hot Toys' on the same pics, & peeps lose their minds .....

Still messing around with my figure.

IvYJqlH.jpg

as long as your happy with the figure larry.you know my feelings,i really think the expression lets it down.it's neither the iconic whoo mouth shape that bruce did,nor a neutral one it's kinda in between and just open mouthed and it just doesn't do it for me.it's not the worst ever BL sculpt(take a bow calm big boss)even arnie's WOTD 1/6 for EB was a let down but that was 7yrs or so ago anyway have fun.and tie those god damm laces man:lol

Yeah, I know how some of you feel about the sculpt Chris, & that's cool. We will continue to show our appreciation/disappointment in these Bruce Lee threads :lol I'm having fun with it for now. Who knows how long that will last. I was happy enough with the HT figures, & the BTS set when I got them, & had fun with them, but now look, I'm bored with them. We live in the now, so enjoy. Maybe the Storm Collectibles figure will unite our opinions once again :lol
Personally I think Donnie Yen's fighting style in his movies is just too old school Shaolin, so I can't see how any one can be impressed by him.
I feel Donnie Yen is the "it" guy right now for asian martial arts actors. Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Jet Li, & now Donnie Yen. You didn't enjoy Ip Man? That was a brilliant martial arts movie.
But the fighting style of Tony Jaa on the other hand is amazing, great fluidity and his acrobatics are outstanding!
Entertaining fighter. Lacks something to get me to continue being interested in his movies though. Charisma maybe?
However, no one to this day can compare to Bruce Lee, it wasn't just that in the movies like ETD that he could take on multiple opponents, it was the way he choreographed the fight scenes, not to mention how unbelievably fast he was when he took on these opponents. Now many Martial Artist stars in movies these days take on multiple opponents but they are not as fast as Bruce was or lack the fluidity he had, so when they go on to take another opponent that they are surrounding by, the fight scene doesn't flow as well, rather it looks like there is a break in between when the star fights the next opponent.
Bruce Lee is a legend, & definitely has classic movies, but Jackie Chan has had better choreographed fights in my opinion (one on one, watch Wheels On Meals, multiple opponents, watch Police Story). He had the advantage of honing his craft longer, & coming after Bruce Lee though. Problem with some fights these days (even sometimes from Jackie Chan & Donnie Yen), is it looks too "tip tappy", like the blows have no power behind them, yet opponents go flying anyway. Bruce Lee was brilliant at conveying power, through his facial expression, muscle tensity, & brillaint follow through, like he punched right through his opponent.

Martial arts actors (the popular ones) now don't compare to Bruce Lee, because they are so different anyway. No marital arts actor compares to Jackie Chan as well in my opinion, for the same reason. But yeah, Bruce Lee is the guy.

that's what collecting is all about,we enjoy and we move on in most cases so I understand what your saying buddy.
I enjoy watching any well made martial arts movie,from the cinema in 1974 to modern day.i think you know my feelings on bruce,he was and still is the greatest martial artist in my lifetime.regarding choreography bruce v chuck best realistic one on one.and the bob wall fight in ETD,many people don't even see the moves to unblock the defence due to bruce's speed.jackies fights are great too,but too many hits in the fights render them more unrealistic to me.and I agree about tony ja..no charisma..anyway sort them laces out before bruce trips over.

Who has the patience for those things? :lol

I already pre ordered the sculpted shoes, so maybe I don't have to deal with those shoelaces :lol

Edit: Pic with no distracting shoelaces :lol

8CZ4tYk.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think it is only that, I believe the fact that this is perhaps the most realistic Bruce Lee 1/6th figure ever made that this is blinding people from seeing how bad the likeness is. People see the older EB Arnie figures as toys and because they lack realism this makes them appear too toyish and thus, people can't get past the toyish look to see how great the likeness is

Yeah, I feel this is pretty spot on mate. Realism and likeness are completely different beasts. And so far it seems, the more you have of one, the less you have of the other. In fact I feel the likeness is so far off on this it doesn't even really look like an impersonator. But congrats to those getting this and enjoying it, it certainly has great realism and a pretty natural form. Hopefully at some point both likeness and realism will be delivered in equal measure and we'll have a definitive representation.

Enter the Dragon is a great martial arts movie. The characters are interesting, the setting, the plot, Bruce fight scenes are great when, especially the one on one with O'hara, which I loke more tha the fight with Mr. Han.

But, have you seen the Tony Jaa Ong Bak fights? Specially the first movie? In my opinion, the fight sequences are more realistic, brutal, and better choreographed than anything Bruce did before. But I still prefer Bruce as an actor because he has charisma, personality; Jaa does not.

I grew up with Bruce movies and WotD is my favorite since it was the first Bruce movie I watched with my father, who was also a Bruce fan, becoming one myself. But to today's standards, they have not aged that well in my opinion, except for Enter the Dragon.

that's what collecting is all about,we enjoy and we move on in most cases so I understand what your saying buddy.
I enjoy watching any well made martial arts movie,from the cinema in 1974 to modern day.i think you know my feelings on bruce,he was and still is the greatest martial artist in my lifetime.regarding choreography bruce v chuck best realistic one on one.and the bob wall fight in ETD,many people don't even see the moves to unblock the defence due to bruce's speed.jackies fights are great too,but too many hits in the fights render them more unrealistic to me.and I agree about tony ja..no charisma..anyway sort them laces out before bruce trips over.

Agreed Chris, the trap and back-fist in the Bob Wall fight is what always sticks in my mind as a prime example of Bruce's inhuman speed (in fact wasn't this even slowed down so as not to look fake - just astounding), that and some of the lead punch, back-fist and finger jab demonstrations in the Longbeach footage. No CGI, no manipulation or choreography, just raw speed and power. Nothing comes close.

ong bak is a great movie but I feel some of the fights are overlong and too much punishment is taken(as with most other martial arts films)bruce kept his fights grounded and realistic.when someone leaps 20 feet and lands a knee to the head it loses the realism for me.and your right many of bruces moves were so fast they had to overcrank the camera or told bruce to slow down.even after 42 years it's still a bruce vs??? poll.
I doubt we will ever come out of the cinema doing the moves/battle cries of anyone else like what happened during the 70's after a BL film.
anyone who has this or any other BL figure is keeping his spirit alive,that's what it's all about.

What I like to see is how the EB screaming big boss sculpt would look on this 75th GOD set. ^ ^ Good likeness and realism . Haha but would be wrong hair styling I know. Any pics would be much appreciated.

That is a problem with Bruce figures, in all his movies he has differnt hairstyles. I think only Fist of Fury and Big Boss are similar.

I saw a custom GOD with the boss sculpt on ebay a few weeks back.to me it didn't look right.apart from the mentioned hairstyle bruce was more relaxed and confident,even a bit cocky in the film(that's if you want a movie accurate figure)but for a personal custom it would be an interesting display piece:)
found this and the HT smiley with a custom hairpiece.

Last edited:
Cheers Chris . With big boss sculpt I was trying to gage the size of body too.
I don't know on big boss the body looks real good fit. good size match to head sculpt.etc. and perhaps the better likeness might bring set to life bit more..
Maybe is the jump suit being bit on loose side that's throwing the body off.

So I got my sculpt today. Honestly, it's a nice sculpt in person. This is the best my 'Game Of Death' figure has looked. All the older sculpts, & sculpt mods I've seen, personally doesn't do it for me, the way this sculpt does. Definitely not perfect, & my search for a really satisfying Bruce Lee collectible is still on, but for now, this is nice. Peeps see what they see, & this doesn't seem to be too popular, but I personally see a nice amount of Bruce Lee in there.

Short video of the portrait.

& a couple of amateur pics.

CyGD6K4.jpg

YBV24rj.jpg

I'm using the 75th sculpt, HT EtD body & hands, BTS battle damaged tracksuit, black socks, & custom shoes (I like them better than the official ones), on a random stand for now. The only Bruce Lee figure I feel is cool enough to keep on my display (I sold some, & packed the HT & EB BTS away) is the EB 1/4 WotD figure. Now I'm happy to display my newest Game Of Death bash. Some battle damage on the sculpt would probably make more sense for my chosen tracksuit, but it still looks okay as is.

Edit: Yeah, I'm not the best at tying 1/6 shoelaces.

ok now i can see..
the wrong parts are..
eyebrows
eyes' shape (for the most)
hair (absolutely not)

btw I am happy that you are happy with your bruce's head, mate

If anyone is wondering what the head sculpt would look like looking straight, I did a quick photoshop.
I think it may work a bit better.

quickps_zps7rufqd5l.jpg

Back