Enterbay - Game Of Death - Bruce Lee (75th Anniversary)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The skin tone on the statue is too pale..
but i can see the likeness of bruce lee in every angle..
in this new enterbay figure I see only a bruce li

neither the spare head I will buy of it.. :lol

please someone can show me a pic that i am wrong?

after arnie is gone... enterbay has no more bruce lee
only bruce li

btw do you see some sort of realism in the new god 75th figure head?

:lol

You seem to be in the minority there, most people actually seemed to be surprized that the likeness was better than the proto as the major compliant about the statue was the likeness of the sculpt on the proto. For me I personally think the likeness is better on the final product but the prototype is more accurate to how he looked in the ETD with the Afro hair and skinny face. Finally the proto looks more realistic than the final product as the features like the eyes, nose and mouth are too big for the face on the product sculpt, thus, giving the sculpt a cartoonish appearance. Nevertheless, most people agree the core likeness is better on the final product.
Am I really in the minority? Wow. I know opinions can vary from sculpt to sculpt, but I thought it was a given, that the Blitzway prototype had one of the best Bruce Lee likenesses on a collectible that we've seen, & that the actual product was simply not as good. I'm only talking about likeness.
This pic reminds me too much of the DX04.
To me the actual likeness of the sculpt is better than the proto,but I think the proto has a more realistic look.whereas the GOD sculpt came out pretty near the proto. Still the ETD is the best likeness on a retail item to me anyway
I don't own it like you, & that fact, along with you being a regular in the Bruce Lee threads, gives your opinion some weight. With me anyway. I am surprised that you think it's better than the proto (I'm surprised anyone thinks it's better than the proto :lol), but it's good to know that that means you are satisfied with your purchase. & I know it wasn't a cheap purchase.

well larry, the damaged head of the dx 04 has a pretty good likness with some mods.. ;)

DSC_0125_zps7a91620e.jpg

25012012134.jpg

well larry, the damaged head of the dx 04 has a pretty good likness with some mods.. ;)
The BD sculpt is my fav of the 2, & I did try to improve it with a hair mod.

bl1k.jpg

But I'm not feelin' the DX04 so much these days.

Blitzway Enter the Dragon is easily the best likeness and best Lee representation so far IMO
Will be interesting to see what Storm does.

I don't think the new Enterbay one is bad. If you don't have a 1/6 GOD Bruce it's an ok choice....

The skin tone on the statue is too pale..
but i can see the likeness of bruce lee in every angle..
in this new enterbay figure I see only a bruce li

neither the spare head I will buy of it.. :lol

please someone can show me a pic that i am wrong?

after arnie is gone... enterbay has no more bruce lee
only bruce li

btw do you see some sort of realism in the new god 75th figure head?

:lol

That's about all I see when I look at the 75th head, very realistic as it has great skin texture and paint job but horrible likeness IMO. :(

Am I really in the minority? Wow. I know opinions can vary from sculpt to sculpt, but I thought it was a given, that the Blitzway prototype had one of the best Bruce Lee likenesses on a collectible that we've seen, & that the actual product was simply not as good. I'm only talking about likeness.

Yes you are, I guess you didn't read the posts on that thread thoroughly, the debate was about the GOD likeness and ETD proto likeness and most people agreed that the GOD likeness was superior to the ETD one. Then pictures of the final product came out and people were blown away about how much better the likeness was compared to the proto but were unhappy about the paint job not being as realistic as the proto. When more and more pictures were posted of the sculpt most people agreed that the likeness was better than the GOD sculpt.

View attachment 228933

You have to be kidding me, the only thing similar about this pic and the DX04 sculpt is the expression. The DX04 has the same expression as this pic but horrible likeness IMO. I think the major reason people think the DX04 looks like Bruce is because Yulli nailed the iconic war cry expression, which captures the essence of Bruce but not the likeness.

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliment Larry..to me the eyes and overall skintone/shading gave the proto the more realistic feel.but the released version is topnotch likeness wise..it's a shame EB couldn't at least get a great likeness with this release.the finish regarding a quality sculpt is no doubt there,but it needed to be dead on in likeness(for me anyway).I get the dx04 feel with this sculpt,maybe it's the mouth.

Yes you are, I guess you didn't read the posts on that thread thoroughly
I guess I haven't been keeping up with that thread.
You have to be kidding me
I'm not saying it's an upscaled version of the DX04 sculpt, only that it has a similar feel, which reminds me too much of the DX04.
Thanks for the compliment Larry..to me the eyes and overall skintone/shading gave the proto the more realistic feel.but the released version is topnotch likeness wise..it's a shame EB couldn't at least get a great likeness with this release.the finish regarding a quality sculpt is no doubt there,but it needed to be dead on in likeness(for me anyway).I get the dx04 feel with this sculpt,maybe it's the mouth.
I think it is the eyes on the proto that might be one of the main reasons I prefer it. The eyes are a big deal on any sculpt actually.

The eyes are more realistic on the proto. Eyes and facial features on the proto are more accurately proportioned. Generally, the musculature was more defined, the shading more detailed and then more subtle things that didn't make the transition to the factory piece such as a slightly different head tilt, the back foot being less raised thus reducing the essence of the signature cat walk. The proto was truly an astounding piece. Arguably, the Blitzway factory versions of ETD and GOD are still the best BL collectibles available. IMO the likeness did come out much stronger on the ETD factory version, the proto's likeness was a little more generic. However, although the factory version has a better likeness, the features are also unfortunately subtly exaggerated or just very slightly off in proportion to other things, lending it a bit of a cartoonish quality. The hair sculpt didn't help things and in a broader sense it probably didn't have the realism of their GOD statue - some of us sensed it had been rushed. This is obviously nitpicking, highly subjective and stuff some won't be bothered by or even notice. Overall though, the BW ETD factory is a great piece and the couple of custom painted versions floating around are quite probably the best BL figures/statues I've seen.

Blitzway Enter the Dragon is easily the best likeness and best Lee representation so far IMO
Will be interesting to see what Storm does.

I don't think the new Enterbay one is bad. If you don't have a 1/6 GOD Bruce it's an ok choice....

:nono

so blitzway and hot toys hijack the enterbay thread:lol.this bruce lee guy gets about:wink1:anyway my son has just given me a gift for xmas/birthday which no factory could come near to:yess:

so blitzway and hot toys hijack the enterbay thread[emoji38].this bruce lee guy gets about:wink1:anyway my son has just given me a gift for xmas/birthday which no factory could come near to:yess:
Blame Enterbay. [emoji4]

And the lack of pictures, but I guess that goes back to Enterbay since very few collectors are getting this right away because, well, its is not as good as expected.

the last 3 1/6 lee's from enterbay had little or no pre release pics,we had a B/W shot of the roar boss sculpt,a dimly lit shot of the BL-1,and a shot of the base and legs of this.seems like they couldn't be bothered about promoting bruce anymore:dunno. if only he played basketball:wink1:

the last 3 1/6 lee's from enterbay had little or no pre release pics,we had a B/W shot of the roar boss sculpt,a dimly lit shot of the BL-1,and a shot of the base and legs of this.seems like they couldn't be bothered about promoting bruce anymore:dunno. if only he played basketball:wink1:
If it they would have been better figures, people would have gotten them. And again, it all comes down to the sculpt. New collectors who don't know any better and never saw the first Enterbay figures will be really impressed by this one.

But of all those new colletors, only a few care for a Bruce Lee figure since the younger ones did not really grew up with Bruce movies. New martial arts movies destroy any of the Bruce Lee movies when it comes to choreography and action so it will probably be hard for them to enjoy and feel excited for Bruce Lee movies, thus not really caring for him. Out of all his movies, I feel Enter the Dragon still holds up somewhat to todays standards. I was showing my nephew the movie I like the most from Bruce, Way of the Dragon, and he only like the funny part with the fat guy. After that he just got up and left. But show him a Tony Jaa or Doni Yen movie, he will start to act it up himself. Same with my younger cousins, we can tell them how a great fighter Bruce was, but they can make their own decisions when they compare the IP Man movies or the Ong Bak ones.

What I'm getting at is that, for us older collectors (meaning those who have been collecting since Hot Toys was even that popular) are more inclined to get a Bruce figure IF it is better than past figures we may have owned or seen specially if we grew up with Bruce. But again, younger collectors, and only those few who care for Bruce Lee, will probably like this enough to get it.

I know I'll just wait for what Arnie Kim will do with Storm.

So I got my sculpt today. Honestly, it's a nice sculpt in person. This is the best my 'Game Of Death' figure has looked. All the older sculpts, & sculpt mods I've seen, personally doesn't do it for me, the way this sculpt does. Definitely not perfect, & my search for a really satisfying Bruce Lee collectible is still on, but for now, this is nice. Peeps see what they see, & this doesn't seem to be too popular, but I personally see a nice amount of Bruce Lee in there.

Short video of the portrait.

& a couple of amateur pics.

CyGD6K4.jpg

YBV24rj.jpg

I'm using the 75th sculpt, HT EtD body & hands, BTS battle damaged tracksuit, black socks, & custom shoes (I like them better than the official ones), on a random stand for now. The only Bruce Lee figure I feel is cool enough to keep on my display (I sold some, & packed the HT & EB BTS away) is the EB 1/4 WotD figure. Now I'm happy to display my newest Game Of Death bash. Some battle damage on the sculpt would probably make more sense for my chosen tracksuit, but it still looks okay as is.

Edit: Yeah, I'm not the best at tying 1/6 shoelaces.

Last edited:
I guess I haven't been keeping up with that thread.

Yeah you mustn't have been I really surprized you didn't know that most people prefer the final product sculpt to the proto.

I'm not saying it's an upscaled version of the DX04 sculpt, only that it has a similar feel, which reminds me too much of the DX04.

Oh gotcha! ;)

The eyes are more realistic on the proto. Eyes and facial features on the proto are more accurately proportioned. Generally, the musculature was more defined, the shading more detailed and then more subtle things that didn't make the transition to the factory piece such as a slightly different head tilt, the back foot being less raised thus reducing the essence of the signature cat walk. The proto was truly an astounding piece. Arguably, the Blitzway factory versions of ETD and GOD are still the best BL collectibles available. IMO the likeness did come out much stronger on the ETD factory version, the proto's likeness was a little more generic. However, although the factory version has a better likeness, the features are also unfortunately subtly exaggerated or just very slightly off in proportion to other things, lending it a bit of a cartoonish quality. The hair sculpt didn't help things and in a broader sense it probably didn't have the realism of their GOD statue - some of us sensed it had been rushed. This is obviously nitpicking, highly subjective and stuff some won't be bothered by or even notice. Overall though, the BW ETD factory is a great piece and the couple of custom painted versions floating around are quite probably the best BL figures/statues I've seen.

Very in depth synopsis about pros and cons of the proto and product, I think you nailed everything mate.

Ok the similarity is great, but I prefer the GOD of Blitzway. For me right now the best representation of Bruce Lee is the God of Blitzway.

It is certainly the most realistic one, but you are not the only person I know of that thinks the likeness is better on the GOD sculpt, who owns both of these statues. :wink1:

If it they would have been better figures, people would have gotten them. And again, it all comes down to the sculpt. New collectors who don't know any better and never saw the first Enterbay figures will be really impressed by this one.

I don't think it is only that, I believe the fact that this is perhaps the most realistic Bruce Lee 1/6th figure ever made that this is blinding people from seeing how bad the likeness is. People see the older EB Arnie figures as toys and because they lack realism this makes them appear too toyish and thus, people can't get past the toyish look to see how great the likeness is.

But of all those new colletors, only a few care for a Bruce Lee figure since the younger ones did not really grew up with Bruce movies. New martial arts movies destroy any of the Bruce Lee movies when it comes to choreography and action so it will probably be hard for them to enjoy and feel excited for Bruce Lee movies, thus not really caring for him. Out of all his movies, I feel Enter the Dragon still holds up somewhat to todays standards. I was showing my nephew the movie I like the most from Bruce, Way of the Dragon, and he only like the funny part with the fat guy. After that he just got up and left. But show him a Tony Jaa or Doni Yen movie, he will start to act it up himself. Same with my younger cousins, we can tell them how a great fighter Bruce was, but they can make their own decisions when they compare the IP Man movies or the Ong Bak ones.

Personally I think Donnie Yen's fighting style in his movies is just too old school Shaolin, so I can't see how any one can be impressed by him. But the fighting style of Tony Jaa on the other hand is amazing, great fluidity and his acrobatics are outstanding!

However, no one to this day can compare to Bruce Lee, it wasn't just that in the movies like ETD that he could take on multiple opponents, it was the way he choreographed the fight scenes, not to mention how unbelievably fast he was when he took on these opponents. Now many Martial Artist stars in movies these days take on multiple opponents but they are not as fast as Bruce was or lack the fluidity he had, so when they go on to take another opponent that they are surrounding by, the fight scene doesn't flow as well, rather it looks like there is a break in between when the star fights the next opponent.

What I'm getting at is that, for us older collectors (meaning those who have been collecting since Hot Toys was even that popular) are more inclined to get a Bruce figure IF it is better than past figures we may have owned or seen specially if we grew up with Bruce. But again, younger collectors, and only those few who care for Bruce Lee, will probably like this enough to get it.

I know I'll just wait for what Arnie Kim will do with Storm.

Yes I would agree with everything you said there.

Last edited:
if bruce had not lit the world for those brief few years,then the following action stars of which there are many would not have happened,the movie industry have said as much,what the new generation don't understand is the fights in the bruce lee films were as realistic as you could get,today's films may have more flamboyant and lots going on,but there are more ''jump cuts'' these days giving the illusion of continuity.
with this figure some see the name bruce lee and the famous tracksuit and think I want that,not knowing what's been done before.but for me it really is not what I wanted or need.the realism may well be better regarding the sculpt,but likeness is missing.it's only one man's opinion,but when I go and visit both bruce and Brandon in the new year i'll ask him for his take on all this:)
I think a few on here know how long I've followed bruce for and that I was around when he exploded onto the world(maybe that's why i'm a picky ole sod:lol)

if bruce had not lit the world for those brief few years,then the following action stars of which there are many would not have happened,the movie industry have said as much,what the new generation don't understand is the fights in the bruce lee films were as realistic as you could get,today's films may have more flamboyant and lots going on,but there are more ''jump cuts'' these days giving the illusion of continuity.

:exactly:

There are no films today that can match the fight scenes in the cave of ETD.

with this figure some see the name bruce lee and the famous tracksuit and think I want that,not knowing what's been done before.but for me it really is not what I wanted or need.the realism may well be better regarding the sculpt,but likeness is missing.it's only one man's opinion,but when I go and visit both bruce and Brandon in the new year i'll ask him for his take on all this:)
I think a few on here know how long I've followed bruce for and that I was around when he exploded onto the world(maybe that's why i'm a picky ole sod:lol)

I think we all know Chris, it is not only one man's opinion. :wink1:

Back